Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suggestions?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeepBlueRug
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This forum is slipping away. There is no way this can become a complete ARG forum, forget about it.

Part of the problem is the unwillingness of the Admins to address serious issues. Obviously, there has been a lack of foresight in the respose to the story; off-shoot, pandemonium, and running of this forum.

It is not just about "wild speculation" and "pages and pages" of chat. This corner of the LG15 forum has outgrown itself.

Members will belittle people for talking "off topic", and then continue in with stories of Cassie under their bed and Kelrast theories. We are all guilty.

I respect moderators doing their "job," but what is one to think about moderators interjecting themselves into the game with "facts", videos, and who-ha?

This forum needs an overhaul, and some thought-out leadership.

-I feel better now, thank you.
Hodabes
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've started labelling important threads with [Update], [Puzzle], etc. It won't mean any less noise overall, but it will probably keep people from creating as many duplicate threads and it lets you know which are important. Borrowed, obviously, from the unforums.

Oh, and I used [Solve] on interpretation threads, but I'm not sure if that makes a lot of sense. I wanted to seperate them from the [Puzzle] threads for the same items. Ideas?
Nos
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it alright if when I recieve a new email, (or am able to talk about the one I got) I post a new thread labeled [Interaction] Email blah blah? Or would that be too redundant at this point, since the emails already have a (long) thread?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4

Everyone could use a free hug.
Farva
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually it's been said that each of us who are in email conversations with Frank (Not too many, I guess) start our own seperate thread and track it through.
Nos
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farva wrote:
Actually it's been said that each of us who are in email conversations with Frank (Not too many, I guess) start our own seperate thread and track it through.

I guess that's a good idea...Unless he starts responding to everyone, then it would suck...hehe

Farva
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha yeah but it seems so far we 'chosen few' are a rather small group.
Nos
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farva wrote:
haha yeah but it seems so far we 'chosen few' are a rather small group.

It me, you, Nilla, and blugh? Only us four?

Farva
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far as I can tell, yes. 4. Wonder if there's some significance to that. Perhaps representative of Cassie, Bree, Daniel, and Frank? Genders match up (unless I'm mistaken, which I could be) but odds are good that is reading entirely too much into it.
Hodabes
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should try to keep the number of threads down, but if you four can't follow each other's messages in the Frank Emails thread then I won't stop you from starting new threads. However, until Cassie or Frank confirms the Gmail account, you should post any additional topics about it under Unconfirmed Accounts.
sc
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an opinion: as a forum user, i'd really rather they kept them here, it's about all i can do to keep up with the "cassie is watching" part of the forum. They could just label them unconfirmed.

Maybe just one thread for all of them, where they update just each of their original posts on the thread.
Nos
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For now, Fearsome Foursome, can we keep the emails in one thread? Until we have comfirmation they are in game? That would be our best bet. Maybe label a new topic (once the emails start coming again) [Uncomfirmed] Post interactions with Frank here or something.

Farva
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good. I'll start the thread and update my bit when I get out of class.
Hodabes
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everybody on this forum seems to be putting an effort into keeping things tidy lately, and you're doing a pretty decent job of it even without our help as moderators. Thanks guys.

I sent a suggestion to the Admin on Cu_Roi's behalf to incorporate more of the structure of the unforums into this board, and we might see that happen soon. Hopefully all of the chaos we're getting accustomed to will be decreased greatly the next time we get a batch of clues.

Anyway, I'm still trying to figure it out myself, so thanks again for all your help.
DontHaveAClue
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AND...thank you very much for all your efforts ! I've been mostly lurking on this board (english is not my native language and I can't figure out an anagram even in my own mother tongue ! my major was in maths Rolling Eyes ), and it became much easier to follow the trails lately, thanks to this bit of organisation. I live in europe, and I can assure you that when I wake up, I feel like I picked up the wrong channel and I'm watching a totally different movie every morning. You guys are fast, and without a bit of clean up, there's no way people like me would be able to get a clue on what's going on......hey, but wait...I don't have a clue ! Shocked
twjaniak
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These forums were never designed to handle the monster that CiW has become, which could be argued as another sign that CiW was not an intended creation of the Creators. Work is under way to redesign a section of the forums to include more ARG player-friendly catagories and sections. Admin has approved the changes, we are simply waiting now for them to be implemented.

Please keep this in mind: it is not the responsibility of this site or any of it's staff to ensure the most convient CiW experience imaginable. The Creators have permitted CiW to remain here as a courtesy to all LG15 fans everywhere, and out of a deep appreciation they have for CiW. LG15 was always intended to be a launch pad for interactive storytelling. CiW has taken up that challenge and has succeeded with flying colors, so we will do what we can to help continue promoting this exciting avenue of expression. If this means making adjustments to the forums, we will... because we love you.

Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> FanFic Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: