Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A 'Cassieiswatching" Wiki
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sungkoo
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: A 'Cassieiswatching" Wiki Reply with quote

I'm pressed for time or I would start this:

Someone should begin a seperate wiki, apart from the LG15 one, with all the information, clues, and speculations on the ARG. I don't know how many of you have played an ARG before, but they can get rather large and certain aspects can become easy to loose track of. I think we're seeing this already with all the anagrams and such. This way, newcomers and those who are missing current events can more easily catch up. It kinda sucks to sort through all these thousands of posts and try to peice things together.

This should lower the level of troutism aswell, making things a lil' more organized.

EDIT: clarifications

Second Life = Byron Bernstein
Sungkoo
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didnt see the 'Suggestions' thread before I started this, but this was a part of it:

ravensgrace wrote:
Cu_Roi wrote:
After leaving for an entire day and coming back to see...all of this...we have to organize folks. This is just sad.

Don't get me wrong...it's wonderful that there is so much interest and commendable that everyone is brainstorming away, but it's unacceptable to have a 50 page thread where every several posts repeats information without adding anything new, or, and this is the main problem, personal conversations that could be PM'd are carried out at extreme length.

This is why it takes us days to solve this stuff.

I suggest:
1) We start using the Cloudmaker Protocols for posts.
2)We startup a channel on IRC to handle to brainstorming and as a place for the smalltalk.
3)We start a little bit of selfregulation regarding our posts. That's what trouting is...it's self-discipline. The Mods can't keep up with all of this, and we also need to encourage them to stop some of the insanity when it begins.

I felt so sorry for tw, when I had to leave for several hours yesterday. Confused

Quote:
These are some of the things instituted in the other ARG forums, and they work. They've been in place for a long time and they really do work. They don't detract from the enjoyment of the game or destroy the social elements we love, they increase them. Things like this are hard and fast guidelines that help the community flourish when implemented. Like ethics.

I'm suggesting this because I've been here for Cassie as long as anyone. I leave for a day, and when I return I can't find the information I need to help the rest of you out. It's not that so much happened yesterday that I shouldn't be able to catchup, or that someone new shouldn't be able to start, it's that the forums are in a state of mob panic.

I agree with your suggestions completely, especially the chatroom for small talk. Wink That alone would probably eliminate about 80% of the long threads.

EDIT: I would also like to add that I still think the LGPedia is the best place to record final solutions to each puzzle. That shall really help in the future.

I think we should refrain from clogging up the LGPedia with all this for the moment. A seperate Wiki, with the LG info included, may be a better way to go.

An example of a ARG wiki: http://oculus.wikibruce.com/index.php?title=Home

I'll be happy to get started on this tonight if no one else can

curriguy
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: A 'Cassieiswatching" Wiki Reply with quote

Sungkoo wrote:
I'm pressed for time or I would start this:

Someone should begin a seperate wiki, apart from the LG15 one, with all the information, clues, and speculations on the ARG. I don't know how many of you have played an ARG before, but they can get rather large and certain aspects can become easy to loose track of. I think we're seeing this already with all the anagrams and such. This way, newcomers and those who are missing current events can more easily catch up. It kinda sucks to sort through all these thousands of posts and try to peice things together.

This should lower the level of troutism aswell, making things a lil' more organized.

EDIT: clarifications

CassieisWatching and LG15 are integrally related. I think they should stay on the same LGpedia. By making a seperate one, it kinda makes this whole thing very divisive and confusing when it shouldn't be.

Also, right now...the LGpedia is JUST starting...It's no where near being too huge to manage.

And finally, if wikipedia can have information on everything in the world...I think LGpedia can handle Bree and Cassie at the same time.
Sungkoo
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We arn't absolutly 100% sure that Cassie is officially canon. Theres no harm in setting up a seperate wiki to cataloge this ARG. It would be easy to move the Cassie stuff over to LGPedia in the event that the two stories merge and there is absolutly no doubt that they are one and the same.

curriguy
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that it'd be it's own website, but seriously...it just seems like Double the Updating, with no real benefit.

unnecessarily duplicating work..?

wouldn't your time better be spent streamlining what's already on LGpedia?
HyeMew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sungkoo wrote:
We arn't absolutly 100% sure that Cassie is officially canon.

But we are sure that it's not canon.
In my opinion, there should be a Cassieiswatching article on LG15 wiki, but NOT multiple pages dedicated to each of Cassie's clues, pages for each little thing that appears as a clue or in a video, etc. (and ESPECIALLY no page dedicated to "Frank). As you said, no need to clog up LG wiki with Cassieiswatching stuff. I don't think there's enough cassiewatching stuff to merit its own wiki (which is not to say if Cassie overloads us with enough clues it suddenly becomes worthy of a wiki. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to these clues to begin with, one could churn out a thousand of them at once.)
Sungkoo
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyeMew wrote:
Sungkoo wrote:
We arn't absolutly 100% sure that Cassie is officially canon.

But we are sure that it's not canon.
In my opinion, there should be a Cassieiswatching article on LG15 wiki, but NOT multiple pages dedicated to each of Cassie's clues, pages for each little thing that appears as a clue or in a video, etc. (and ESPECIALLY no page dedicated to "Frank). As you said, no need to clog up LG wiki with Cassieiswatching stuff. I don't think there's enough cassiewatching stuff to merit its own wiki (which is not to say if Cassie overloads us with enough clues it suddenly becomes worthy of a wiki. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to these clues to begin with, one could churn out a thousand of them at once.)

Right, I agree. My thought process here is to keep the LG15 wiki clean. Keep in mind that a bulk of the material in the cassieiswatching portion of the LG15 wiki is all from just one day. Theres sure to be A LOT more stuff to come out. Personally, I dont want to scan through an entire column of clues that are organized chronically, it can be confusing as more info/characters/websites/clues come out.

ogami1972
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

curriguy wrote:
I understand that it'd be it's own website, but seriously...it just seems like Double the Updating, with no real benefit.

unnecessarily duplicating work..?

wouldn't your time better be spent streamlining what's already on LGpedia?

No, yesterday a seperate 'tab' with solved lines and no other conversation would have been nice- and i am quite surprised we DON'T have an IRC channel...yet.
Hodabes
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the CiW stuff isn't welcome on the LGpedia, we should definately start another one. If it is welcome, though, there's no difference in the way we can organize the information within it so a second wiki would just mean another URL to bookmark.

Who would set it up if we did get one started? I would do it, but my girlfriend told me I'm not allowed to register any more domains this year Razz

Oh, and as for everything Cu said, I agree completely, but it's impossible to control these rabid fans and any serious attempt to do so would probably be seen as censorship. It's a tough one.
dharmabum420
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Until the admins tell me otherwise in terms of their server space, I don't think clogging up the LGpedia is a concern at all. I mean, it's not like the LGpedia is hosting videos, text comes pretty cheap in terms of server space.

As long as all CiW stuff is on pages about CiW and not the articles about the official Breeniverse, it's all welcome, no matter how small. You can even upload the images CiW has released, as I don't believe they're under copyright.

The only thing that isn't really appropriate is stuff you just make up yourself on the LGpedia, as it is meant to document fan fiction, not be a host for it, and copyrighted text or images.

Admin on the LGpedia.
ravensgrace

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hodabes wrote:
If the CiW stuff isn't welcome on the LGpedia, we should definately start another one. If it is welcome, though, there's no difference in the way we can organize the information within it so a second wiki would just mean another URL to bookmark.

Who would set it up if we did get one started? I would do it, but my girlfriend told me I'm not allowed to register any more domains this year Razz

Oh, and as for everything Cu said, I agree completely, but it's impossible to control these rabid fans and any serious attempt to do so would probably be seen as censorship. It's a tough one.

Hasn't anyone read the Summary of Cassie Clues thread?
[04:03] <lyriclyinclined> with the exception of a bad apple pucker incident
ogami1972
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't know how to wiki, but i do know how to 'writely'

let me know your email address and , depending on you r past behavior on these posts, i will give you 'edit' access

http://www.writely.com/View.aspx?docid=dgxkt4q7_2kt78c2
alonelyguy15
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would start a new wiki... if someone can tell me where to get a free wiki... I definitely agree, even if this is canon, it's its own ARG and needs its own wiki. LostPedia catalogued all of the Lost Experience clues. They did have pages for each of TLE clues, and each had a specific layout tagged with a "WARNING: THIS INFORMATION WAS RECEIVED THROUGH THE LOST EXPERIENCE ALTERNATE REALITY GAME." It became really hectic... a separate wiki would be best.
alonelyguy15
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I sent in a request to Wikia to open a Cassieiswatching wiki. I'd gladly hand over the administrator-ship to someone like twanajiak (I butchered that, didn't I?) or raven's gate, if it's approved. They said it should take less than a week to get created. Hopefully.
Hodabes
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravensgrace wrote:
Hasn't anyone read the Summary of Cassie Clues thread?

That's why I said, "if it isn't welcome." I haven't seen anybody say that we can't fill up the LGpedia with CiW though, just that we shouldn't mention it in LG15 articles.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> FanFic Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: