Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Franks Blog: STAY IN CHARACTER!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sungkoo
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Franks Blog: STAY IN CHARACTER! Reply with quote

Nos, toadlguy, and myself have been stressing this in the "CanYouHearHer @ Blogspot (First official non-YT account?)" thread, but I figured it warrented a new trhead to get the message to those who may not have seen it:

Please do not post out-of-character comments into Frank's blog... or Cassie's YouTube for that matter.

One of the most important rules of an Alternate Reality Game is This is not a game!

Please do not post links to the other websites, morse code or anagrams, or suggestions to save Bree, ignore Cassie, etc. This is role playing, please stay in character and leave comments helpful to the progression of the story. Thanks.

EDIT-- this was said in the other thread that I thought was a good way of summing this up:

Quote:
HE is not cassie. Let cassie give us the clues. Let Frank tell us his story. We'll figure out if we need to help him, but don't inundate him. It will just muddy the waters, especially since he'll have to ignore things, which may be out of character for an "unrelated" person...

Second Life = Byron Bernstein

Last edited by Sungkoo on Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Morgan
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great post. I like this idea. I've been trying to stay in character when I comment to Cassie, Bree or Frank.

<3 Danielbeast <3
Nos
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just posting this over here too, since it was lost in the blog thread. Too many stickies already, or I'd ask to have one here. If only we could seperate this forum into subforums, like over unfiction, with forums dedicated to puzzles, interaction, general and meta and the like. Gah.

Nos wrote:
Now that we have our first character we can communitcate with, let me give you guys some pointers.

1. As someone here has already stated, when leaving comments, talking with 'Frank' (or any other characters that may pop up) try to stay IN CHARACTER. In other words, you are investigating this as well. NEVER link to this board, because the PMs would have to ignore it. This board is considered Out of Game for the PM crew. They lurk and watch, but can't post in character. I drew this conclusion due to the fact that dispite all the frustration, they have never posted in character here before. As for the videos, I am not sure, as someone has already linked him to them. Perhaps it will help him, perhaps not.

2. Think carefully before telling characters important findings/clues. Can you trust them? Remember your actions will effect how the game progresses. If you want to find an instance of a player affecting an entire storyline, look up the I Love Bee's Sleeping Princess. Bascially, during I Love Bee's, a player told the 'bad guy' where to find the hero, The Sleeping Princess. And they killed her, and changed the whole storyline. Heh.

3. Have fun!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4

Everyone could use a free hug.
Sungkoo
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oi.. things to avoid:

Quote:
Anonymous said...
Frank, you're possessed by the spirit of someone named "Cassie". She is a young teenage girl who was murdered by a Satanic priest. She is trying to warn us about a young Mormon girl named "Bree" (NOT Bree Walker, if that's who you're thinking - this girl is MUCH younger).

If you go to YouTube and watch the lovleygirl15 videos, you'll see that Bree mentions Cassie, she was her friend. Cassie (your ghost/demon possessor) is trying to get you to save Bree from also being killed as a virgin sacrifice by Satanic priests, including her own DAD!!! Hurry Frank, because on Oct. 12 is when the ritual killing will happen!

Quote:
Viktor said...
I was here too

Quote:
Anonymous said...
Fylgja

TehSpectre
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is it so hard for people to just play along?
=/

-H.P. Lovecraft
twjaniak
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TehSpectre wrote:
=/

Well some don't know that a game is being played, while others just don't get the nature of the game.
swisho
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twjaniak wrote:
TehSpectre wrote:
=/

Well some don't know that a game is being played, while others just don't get the nature of the game.

ok, so i have a question... i have been reading this stuff for a week or so and i just want to make sure i have the idea right. this is a game, and its fiction (like not some real crazy killer) sorry if that is dumb, but i have never even heard of ARG before this Sad
Jana4
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pleading to stay in character causes the turd element to do the opposite.
Sungkoo
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swisho wrote:
twjaniak wrote:
TehSpectre wrote:
=/

ok, so i have a question... i have been reading this stuff for a week or so and i just want to make sure i have the idea right. this is a game, and its fiction (like not some real crazy killer) sorry if that is dumb, but i have never even heard of ARG before this Sad

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternate_reality_game

http://www.mirlandano.com/arg-quickstart.html

TehSpectre
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swisho wrote:
twjaniak wrote:
TehSpectre wrote:
=/

TinaG.

-H.P. Lovecraft
swisho
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks! that keeps me from not sleeping at night, now i can enjoy the game Very Happy
bubbajay424
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Anonymous said...
frank..it's me...your ex-wife. I miss you! come home...

Because that is helping our cause.
swisho
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TehSpectre wrote:
swisho wrote:
twjaniak wrote:
TehSpectre wrote:
=/

TinaG.

ya,ya, i know, this is not a game
Nicole
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Anonymous said...
Frank, you're possessed by the spirit of someone named "Cassie". She is a young teenage girl who was murdered by a Satanic priest. She is trying to warn us about a young Mormon girl named "Bree" (NOT Bree Walker, if that's who you're thinking - this girl is MUCH younger).

If you go to YouTube and watch the lovleygirl15 videos, you'll see that Bree mentions Cassie, she was her friend. Cassie (your ghost/demon possessor) is trying to get you to save Bree from also being killed as a virgin sacrifice by Satanic priests, including her own DAD!!! Hurry Frank, because on Oct. 12 is when the ritual killing will happen!

oh my god. that's all i can say. lol wow.... Rolling Eyes
grantsnx
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but wait isn't our character a watcher of youtube videos who found the blog through Cassie? I don't see why talking about cassie/bree/lg15/daniel is out of character whenever this is what cassie wants us to do.

the whole LG15 saga is happening on youtube. It's not like Bree pretends that she's not on youtube... she knows it. And if she's in the same universe as Bree then cassie knows shes on youtube too. There's nothing wrong with Frank knowing about youtube if bree, cassie, daniel, and everyone else does.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> FanFic Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: