Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Franks Blog: STAY IN CHARACTER!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
theShaggy
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I completely agree with you - staying in character is important. Going Meta on this guy (and breaking the fourth wall - acknowledging that this is, in fact, a game) goes against the nature of the game, but so does ignoring the obvious connections between Frank and Cassie.

You COULD dance around the issue and be all completely realistic, with, like "Heyyyy... so I don't have friends because I heard voices when I was 15 and now everyone is scared of me." That's one way to approach it. You would do that in real life. But you could also very clearly say "You seem to have missing time - you mention something about a lost Bible page. Which page was it? A couple of people I know and I have been watching these videos on YouTube, and we found a page torn out of a Bible... here is the youtube link and images of that page... ring a bell?"

Truth be told, neither will likely give you a worthy response, but if either did, which do you think would be more successful from a "CassieIsWatching Alternate Reality Game" standpoint - the one which says "ARG PLAYER HERE" or the one which doesn't?

Remember: we're simulating reality, but that doesn't remove the fact that this is a GAME. Frank is there to push us along the game path, and suspension of reality is acceptable to a certain extent. You can't expect to have a full-out relationship with a character whose whole reason to exist is to give us clues to the next part of the game or story.
rachelalexis
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's excellent Nilla. Says "hey, I'm in the area" without screaming "hey, can I get a look at your face, because we at the forums just can't wait to pick apart pictures of you Frank."

When in doubt, go straight to sex. --Jack Coleman (HRG)
lordgreystoke422
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NillaWafers wrote:
Hey Frank,

I just wanted to comment to let you know that I love the east fork area, especially Sheep Mountain. If you've never been there, you should totally go. I went a couple of weeks ago, and besides the diapers, it was just beautiful. Something about nature that allows us to get back to ourselves as a whole.

I just wanted to let you know that I think you're a pretty decent guy who is just trying to make sense of all of this, I think I'd be doing the exact same thing in your situation. If you need someone to talk to, I'm here. I don't know if you care, but I do. Care that is. I don't know why but I do. Anyways, if you feel like making a friend, just email me! My address (assuming you'll have internet connection, the Jack in the Box on Alosta and Citrus has free WiFi if you didn't know) is FergyN@aol.com

I really hope to hear from you.

Nila

Nilla...I think you need to drop in there that you have a boyfriend...try and keep it from seeming like you want a date...Or you can have a sex change operation..but I am pretty sure the stiches wouldn't be out in time and the hormones need longer to do their thing.

Other than that..I thought it was PERFECT!

Call to Arms...Or Would That Be Feet? #54
http://one.revver.com/watch/156886/flv/affiliate/28541

There is No Ice Cream in the Champagne Room at the Ceremony #55
http://one.revver.com/watch/166473/flv/affiliate/28541

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JerseyJohnny
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordgreystoke422 wrote:
I said in another thread.. Are you the sort of person that would feel "comfortable" in conversing with someone that could snap and go on a killing spree if you said the wrong thing? Are you the sort of person that wouldn't feel like they were in over their head talking to someone that is potentially suicidal? If can't answer yes in real life to these questions..then..you probably shouldn't leave comments for Frank.
This is an ARG..your comments could infuence the outcome. Do you want Frank to sit in a tree with his rifle and blow a hole in Bree's pretty little head? Be aware that your comments could send Frank down a doomsday path for the story. We just don't know. If you can't write to Frank and find some commonality with him I do not see how your comments can be helpful to us or to Frank. ....

(BLAH BLAH BLAHBADEE BLAH BLAH BLAH....)

...I hope this long winded post helps someone get a better idea of how to interact with Frank.

WHEEEEEEEWWWW Long winded is an UNDERSTATEMENT!!!

Now Sir Graystroke, I appreceate that you wanted to pontificate to the others in the message forum that you know what to do and nobody else does, but you just come off sounding like a self-righteous gay Mormon satanist with long flowing Salt and Pepper hair!!!! LOLMAO!!!

Seriously though, all these boards etc. are public. You think that people who aren't seriously playing the ARG just ignore this stuff and walk away? There are TROLLS everywhere. Open your eyes. Go to Yahoo! and click on any of the News Headlines they have there, then click on "discuss" under the story, and look at all the Troll messages there are there.

So what do you think, Trolls are going to pass up a golden opportunity to Troll because you give a long, superfluous, nervous sounding speech? Just relax, if the Creators/ PM's of this game, whether it's a jacked game or not, are going to be so over-sensitive to Trolls that they Blow Bree's head off or whatever, then they're a bunch of Royal A*holes and they would have found some other reason to be Royal A*holes.

Personally, I have more trust in them that they'll avoid the trolls (like those of us who want to actually play the game will) and have fun with it.

Oh, I'm sorry, there is no Game, this is NOT a game.

So it's real-life. And in real-life there are ALWAYS Trolls.

Sometimes there are even Shills.

Ciao for now ~
JJ

LIGHTEN UP, GRAYSTROKE!!!!

LOLMAO!!!

Last edited by JerseyJohnny on Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
NillaWafers
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Frank,

I just wanted to comment to let you know that I love the east fork area, especially Sheep Mountain. If you've never been there, you should totally go. I went a couple of weeks ago, and besides the diapers, it was just beautiful. There are a few trails that go up the mountain, to this place called the bridge to nowhere, bungee jumpers like to jump offa it. Anyways, that trail is pretty pristine if you want to try it, I went about two hours in and it was a blast! Something about nature that allows us to get back to ourselves as a whole.

I just wanted to let you know that I think you're a pretty decent guy who is just trying to make sense of all of this, I think I'd be doing the exact same thing in your situation. In fact you remind me a little of my fiancee (in a good, you have the same characteristics way, not to mention you're both wonderful writers) which is probably why I'm going to say this: If you need someone to talk to, I'm here. I don't know if you care, but I do. Care that is. I don't know why but I do. Anyways, if you feel like making a friend, just email me! My address (assuming you'll have internet connection, the Jack in the Box on Alosta and Citrus has free WiFi if you didn't know) is FergyN@aol.com

I really hope to hear from you.

Nila

Final draft.
JerseyJohnny
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rachelalexis wrote:
I think that's excellent Nilla. Says "hey, I'm in the area" without screaming "hey, can I get a look at your face, because we at the forums just can't wait to pick apart pictures of you Frank."

True, rachel. It's kind of like she's saying:
"Heeeeyyyyy YOU! I know you, I know you!"
rachelalexis
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about putting stuff about bungee jumping in a comment to a guy who's depressed and hearing things. Could come across wrong.

When in doubt, go straight to sex. --Jack Coleman (HRG)
lordgreystoke422
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nilla...SOLD...but then..I knew you could do it..cause yer a brainiac.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lordgreystoke422
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jersey Johnny..I got an invitation to go hunting with the Vice President..Dick Cheney.. I can't make it..but I want you to go in my place...

JerseyJohnny
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordgreystoke422 wrote:
Jersey Johnny..I got an invitation to go hunting with the Vice President..Dick Cheney.. I can't make it..but I want you to go in my place...

LOLMAO!!!! Good one, Graystroke!!! Douche-AY!

LIGHTEN UP GRAYSTORKE!!! lolmao!!!
mLe
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cassie just posted a new poem, see here: it's why!! http://www.lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1419
Nos
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, not talking about 'what we know' would be detrimental to the game...

But, you have to keep in mind, you JUST MET THIS GUY. There has to be some level of trust built up before you just dump all of this info on him and expect him to believe you.

So yes, eventually bringing up the youtube videos and the clues we've gotten, is good.

Right now? No. Try to establish a repor' with him first.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4

Everyone could use a free hug.
sc
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerseyjohnny? totally not trying to sound like a mom, here, but, to keep from being thrown off the boards, i'll just calmly say i really don't appreciate the names you were calling lordetcetc. While trashing someone on these boards is never cool, it's especially offensive to use gay and morman as insults. You're just showing your naivete- look it up if the word confuses you.
Farva
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Frank, I can hear her too…but a lot of times she doesn’t talk to me, she gives me pictures. I think we’re talking to the same girl though, or maybe they’re friends? Because mine told me to send you this picture that she gave to me, and hopefully it would help you remember…can you tell me the name of the girl? Has she shared that with you yet? I think it would be pretty neat if we had the
<Farva> same person, don’t you? The first initial of mine is C…let’s go from there. She’s sort of shy, so I don’t want to give her full name yet. That might scare her. But still, I think that it would be neat if we could talk about her together, don’t you?

<insert a picture of the swimming hole here>
dolphyn722
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

new post from frank! he denies sending any e-mails & says he is not "frankiswaiting"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> FanFic Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: