Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who's With Me? Admin please read
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
asenath
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not liking the lack of subtlety and wit in the majority of the latest videos. However, I LOVED the Rosencrantz and Guildenstern video. I wish we could see more of that.

I mean, I love horror/suspense, moreso than the average person, but I was initially attracted to the LG15 videos because of the small clues (I started watching when people first spotted the Crowley video; it's the reason I started watching, actually) and the really likeable, smart girl. I loved the "Proving Science Wrong" videos, especially.

I hope they don't turn this into a "so-and-so religion is BAAAD" type of saga. If they have to do that, at least make it a fake religion. There's no need to step on others' religious beliefs to further one's own career, plus, I would cease to watch if that happened.

EDIT: I meant Crowley photo, not video.

Last edited by asenath on Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
mousegirl
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

asenath wrote:
I'm not liking the lack of subtlety and wit in the majority of the latest videos. However, I LOVED the Rosencrantz and Guildenstern video. I wish we could see more of that.

I mean, I love horror/suspense, moreso than the average person, but I was initially attracted to the LG15 videos because of the small clues (I started watching when people first spotted the Crowley video; it's the reason I started watching, actually) and the really likeable, smart girl. I loved the "Proving Science Wrong" videos, especially.

I hope they don't turn this into a "so-and-so religion is BAAAD" type of saga. If they have to do that, at least make it a fake religion. There's no need to step on others' religious beliefs to further one's own career, plus, I would cease to watch if that happened.

I so agree.
I hope it isn't ALL about religion. And I am not a fan of the horror stuff ^^;
I am such a wuss
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mathieas
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely agree
HyeMew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, there has been way too much religion pre-occupation. I am praying (haha) that after 10-12-06 we can get back to normal, eh guys? Please, please.
Flautapantera

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyeMew wrote:
I agree, there has been way too much religion pre-occupation. I am praying (haha) that after 10-12-06 we can get back to normal, eh guys? Please, please.

Yeah, although it's entertaining trying to decipher the "clues" and discover what religion Bree is, it's getting old. The thing is, what more will there be to broadcast once the ceremony is over? I totally understand the contract is binding for at least 2 more months, but hasn't this entire series been building up to this point?

You know that moment where you just want to grab a pair of scissors and run away with them?
HyeMew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The series sure had a point early on, and that was to be entertaining. It garnered lots of fans without a necessary gimick like "what's her religion?!" Things like Proving Science Wrong were enjoyed by thousands for mere entertainment factor alone, nothing else. If they can go back to something like this post 10/12 then there certainly is a reason for it to exist. A linear plot is not necessary for LG to be great.
brandoblues
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive read this thread so many times

and i wonder if the creators take in what is being discussed.

when they began this ordeal im sure they didnt know what to expect, and after a certain twist was added a very vocal group was brought on board.

in the passing weeks since that certain twist you can definatly see lines being drawn, the few versus the many. and if you follow both lines you can see one side utterly hating the other side.

actually the line has been drawn by one side.

i know the creators enjoy the participation, from those who enjoy a darker side to those who enjoy a more intellectual debate side.

but when it comes down to it, i am seeing two groups distinctly forming

people who want to be immersed in all aspects of storytelling that has been spawned from this, and the controversy it includes,

and the people who are now aggravated that since it has been outed in media channels, with no mystery of the meta left.

creators all i can say is one group is with ya, following all sorts of stuff that in essence you created with your grand experiment, and another group is trying to find out who is running NoHoGirls.
Nora Volkova
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that once more (as in additional) fan-spinoff projects like HSAOnline and SACRED are developed and get more involving, the old dinosaurs like me who love lonelygirl15 but loathe cassieiswatching may -- how shall I put this -- chill out a little.
Flautapantera

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyeMew wrote:
The series sure had a point early on, and that was to be entertaining. It garnered lots of fans without a necessary gimick like "what's her religion?!" Things like Proving Science Wrong were enjoyed by thousands for mere entertainment factor alone, nothing else. If they can go back to something like this post 10/12 then there certainly is a reason for it to exist. A linear plot is not necessary for LG to be great.

I wasn't exactly trying to allude to the fact that nothing was going on before hand--of course thoes first 25 videos had substance! It depends upon how you think of it. Because some people feel that throughout the entire series, it has been building to this critical point. I would never be ignorant enough to simply believe the series was created to watch a girl dance around and perform D-level science experiments. It was never just about that. It has always been building up to her religion and the ceremony.

Sure, it'll still be entertaining afterward, and I'll still be sitting impatiently waiting for a new video. But there still is a plotlline, and it as almost reached the maximum point.

You know that moment where you just want to grab a pair of scissors and run away with them?
milowent
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so brando is behind nohogirls, is he? he's trying to throw us nohogirlsiswatching people off the scent. Smile are there any anagrams in his post? hmm. . . .
Nora Volkova
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flautapantera wrote:
HyeMew wrote:

I wasn't exactly trying to allude to the fact that nothing was going on before hand--of course thoes first 25 videos had substance! It depends upon how you think of it. Because some people feel that throughout the entire series, it has been building to this critical point. I would never be ignorant enough to simply believe the series was created to watch a girl dance around and perform D-level science experiments. It was never just about that. It has always been building up to her religion and the ceremony.

Sure, it'll still be entertaining afterward, and I'll still be sitting impatiently waiting for a new video. But there still is a plotlline, and it as almost reached the maximum point.

Considering that the contracts run through the end of the year, I'm not very confident that the plot is truly going to climax this Wednesday. Wink
HyeMew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flautapantera wrote:

Haha yes, I agree there was substance. The plot moved along stealthily, and you had to look a little closer to get it. I preferred that to this more in your face type. Also I love your reference to D-level science experiments, hahaha oh how I miss those!
tannhaus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a thelemite, I wish to thank all of you. I didn't realize this post was here, but it's nice to see people standing up and defending a religion that isn't theirs.

I must say, it's the possibility that this will turn out to be a bash of Thelema that brought me here. Lonelygirl has a huge fan base...and a lot of them are young. I would hate to see some teen reading Crowley has been attacked because their peers saw lonelygirl, recognized Crowley, and thought it was satanic.

I myself have seen the consequences of our religion being identified as satanic up close and personal. We were raided by the police one night after a Gnostic Mass because the neighbors heard someone speaking loudly in what sounded like a foreign language to them. So, the police come in and see a bunch of guys sitting around in robes, end up smashing my friend's face against the door, and it was only when we called our lawyers that they desisted.

I've also seen cases where our members have been pulled over and had ritual knives and swords "confiscated". So, I'm worried of what could happen in similar cases by those that just don't know any better.

But, it's extremely gratifying to see people saying that they will stop watching if it begins bashing a real religion. For that, I thank all of you even though I know it has nothing to do with me as a person....it has to do with the fact you're good people.
actorderick
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i liked LG at first becase her vlogs were so entertaining.

all the religous stuff is cool, but i wish some of her new vids were like her old ones
Flautapantera

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nora Volkova wrote:
Considering that the contracts run through the end of the year, I'm not very confident that the plot is truly going to climax this Wednesday.

Yep, I totally understand that, which is why I posted something similar to that earlier.

But you can't deny that much of the hype has been religious and alluding to the ceremony. There will be more of the storyline after. It's one of those "duh" statements saying it's going to abruptly end on the morning of the 13th. Of course it will continue and be as entertaining as ever!

Seriously! I don't want to pick a fight with anyone! I love all of the videos and can see it from many points of view.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: