Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fanfiction vs. True LG15 ARG
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
-- -.-- ... - . .-. .. --
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: Fanfiction vs. True LG15 ARG Reply with quote

ok, so twjaniak has said this is a fanfic site.

I have a couple questions though:
1) In Daniel's new video, he talks about Bree's summer play being about the landing at plymouth rock. Is it odd to anyone that the homepage of HSA Online Ms Kelly says her favorite art of the week is Landing of the Puritans in America, 1620 by Antonio Gisbert? Coincidence?

2) In Daniel's new video, he also talks about Bree learning an egyptian language/alphabet and going off the Egyptian calendar. The HSA Online site features Egyptian artwork, most notably the Stele of Revealing and a piece called Ancient Egyptian Fans and Oars. Again, coincidence?

If the HSA Online site was created after Daniel's video, I would have no problem with it. If that was the case, I would think the creator of HSA Online was just going off of Daniel's video. But on the contrary, the HSA site was done at least 2 days before Daniel's video mentioning the landing at plymouth and relating all this to Egyptian stuff.

So either the creator of this HSA Online site made a huge conincidental guess, or somehow the creator has inside info into the LG15 series, or this is actually part of the LG15 series. What do you think?

I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if this is fanfic. But if I was making a fanfic site 3 or 4 days ago, I wouldn't have included anything about the landing at plymouth rock or ancient egyptian artifacts.

You?
taiya
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:15 am    Post subject: registration process Reply with quote

I just tried to registry and found the registration form to be very sophisticated. It wouldn't let me enter a fake phone number or what it called "postcode" (which I find odd because it's a british term). It also seemed to know I was registering from canada, because it had a drop down for province. All of these things are complicated to do. I can't believe that it was set up as a quick website by a fan.

and it worries me that they really want my actual address and phone number....
twjaniak
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: registration process Reply with quote

taiya wrote:
I just tried to registry and found the registration form to be very sophisticated. It wouldn't let me enter a fake phone number or what it called "postcode" (which I find odd because it's a british term). It also seemed to know I was registering from canada, because it had a drop down for province. All of these things are complicated to do. I can't believe that it was set up as a quick website by a fan.

I just tried to fill it out and it just keeps repeating the same form over and over. It has not yet asked me for any personal information.
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

same here twj
twjaniak
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: registration process Reply with quote

taiya wrote:

You didn't happen to fill out a form for one of the Bravenet affliate sponsors did you?
Plurp
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh. For a home schooling site with a big emphasis on literature and gifted kids, there sure are a lot of spelling errors. Plus, "Home Schoolers Aggregate" gets no Google hits as of this morning.
taiya
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I don't know. I'll try again.
taiya
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject: tryed again Reply with quote

I get past the first page and get another that asks me to confirm my information. It has a continue button on it. When I hit it last time, I was sent to a page that asked for personal information, but this time it isn't happening. Now I can't get past the confirm page.
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I think that's where we're all at.

Anyways,
Plurp wrote:
Heh. For a home schooling site with a big emphasis on literature and gifted kids, there sure are a lot of spelling errors. Plus, "Home Schoolers Aggregate" gets no Google hits as of this morning.

Yeah, I noticed lots of spelling errors and no google hits. Even my name was spelled wrong. I'm dch******* and under the left side navigation menu it says Good job, cdh******* on solving the "reading" problem! instead of Good job, dch******* on solving the "reading" problem! (the "d" and "c" are backwards).

But I don't think that's something to pay too much attention to. Remember, this is not a real school website for gifted students. It's part of a game. (the question is: is it a LG15 game or a fanfic game?)
covedweller

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it were LG15, the videos would look much beter.

they would also own up to it.

the things you mentioned appearing on the site are just coincidences. there has been a lot of talk about Egypt in regards to Thelema on these forums.
exastra
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

even if hsa isn't done by the LG15 crew, does notmean it can't be incorporated into the story. aren't the fans excouraged to get involved to help develop the story?
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can buy that covedweller, totally. And in the end, I'm with you and think it's fanfic.

But those questions stick out and should at least get some thought. And my wife is a teacher. Trust me, teacher's websites are CRAPPY. They have animated gifs everywhere (like dancing apples and rulers). So, if it's supposed to look like a teacher's site, it's not surprising that it looks the way it does.

And the videos (if supposed to be done by a teacher at a small school) aren't going to be high production in any way. Who knows?

But I'll end it the way I started: "I can buy that covedweller, totally. And in the end, I'm with you and think it's fanfic."

Last edited by -- -.-- ... - . .-. .. -- on Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

exastra wrote:
even if hsa isn't done by the LG15 crew, does notmean it can't be incorporated into the story. aren't the fans excouraged to get involved to help develop the story?

most definitely. I would think the creators of lg15 love this unless it takes things way off plot (like CiW could do). Which again brings me to: how did the website stay so close to the theme of Daniel's video when it was done days before the video. I know there were clues that we can see now because hindsight's 20/20, but if I was making up a fanfic page 4 days ago, I wouldn't have included egyptian art and the landing at plymouth rock. I would have included all kinds of stuff about thelema type ceremonies, homeschooling, and eerie stuff like that (not that "homeschooling" is eerie like thelema Question )
Truth-in-Science
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="-- -.-- ... - . .-. .. --"]
exastra wrote:
(not that "homeschooling" is eerie like thelema Question )

Unless... We'll we'll have to see what we learn! Shocked
covedweller

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one great thing about the abundance of fan fiction going on is that everyone is bound to be right IN SOME WAY. Laughing

I think we all want to believe that certain FAN FICTION is part of LG15 CANON because it is an area we are particularly focused on, or it follows our theories on the unexplained parts of the LG15 plotlines.

I mean, Bree and Daniel combined have given us FAR more questions than answers...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> FanFic Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: