Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Denderah - Crowley - Thelema - A.A. connections?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
missmars
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Denderah - Crowley - Thelema - A.A. connections? Reply with quote

Egyptian References In Liber Resh

The Stella of Revealing, from wence Crowley created Liber Resh, was a translation from the Ancient Egyptian to the French by the assistant creator of the Boulaq Museum in Cairo, under the supervision of the Egyptologist Bugsch Bet in 1904. In 1912, Crowley had the translation done again by Sir Alan Gardiner and Battiscombe Gunn. There were, not surprisingly differences of opinion about some of the words and names. In Crowley?s The Holy Books of Thelema, the modern publishers included an additional modern translation done in 1982. Since the three different translations are available in the above book, I sought to add some otherwise additonal historical and phonetic observations upon the three. It is interesting to note, that the words that Crowley created for Liber Resh were never updated and are still found in the first translation.

Ahathoor, Het-Hert, Het-Heru or Hathor when translated means "the dwelling or house of Horus" and was also known as "the mother of Light".

Liber Resh
These are the adorations to be performed by aspirants to the A.·. A.·.
There is an A.A. /Thelema tie in. Ahathoor is another name for Hathor so that ties in to the Denderah Temple - the temple of Hathor.

Bree's teddy bear is named Thor and is a girl.. that makes me think it might be short for Hathor.
missmars
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Camp of the Golden Lotus

Camp Calendar of Events

Crowley's "The Ship" A Grand Premiere
A Mystery Play Revealed

Last edited by missmars on Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:03 am; edited 1 time in total
kinj
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: did you see this? Reply with quote

Thanks for the camp link that was a good find. I looked at the links on the website and on the 'official thelema site' it has holidays...look:

"Crowleymas" (October 12)
The anniversary of Aleister Crowley's birth in 1875 e.v..
tannhaus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought we had covered most of this in the other thread you started?

http://lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1230

But again, these practices are not exclusive to the A.: A.: They're general to all Thelema.
tannhaus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is Liber Resh vel Helios in its entirety btw:

0. These are the adorations to be performed by aspirants to the A.·. A.·.
Let him greet the Sun at dawn, facing East, giving the sign of his grade. And let him say in a loud voice:
Hail unto Thee who art Ra in Thy rising, even unto Thee who art Ra in Thy strength, who travellest over the Heavens in Thy bark at the Uprising of the Sun.
Tahuti standeth in His splendour at the prow, and Ra-Hoor abideth at the helm.
Hail unto Thee from the Abodes of Night!
Also at Noon, let him greet the Sun, facing South, giving the sign of his grade. And let him say in a loud voice:
Hail unto Thee who art Ahathoor in Thy triumphing, even unto Thee who art Ahathoor in Thy beauty, who travellest over the heavens in thy bark at the Mid-course of the Sun.
Hail unto Thee from the Abodes of Morning!
Also, at Sunset, let him greet the Sun, facing West, giving the sign of his grade. And let him say in a loud voice:
Hail unto Thee who art Tum in Thy setting, even unto Thee who art Tum in Thy joy, who travellest over the Heavens in Thy bark at the Down-going of the Sun.
Hail unto Thee from the Abodes of Day!
Lastly, at Midnight, let him greet the Sun, facing North, giving the sign of his grade, and let him say in a loud voice:
Hail unto thee who art Khephra in Thy hiding, even unto Thee who art Khephra in Thy silence, who travellest over the heavens in Thy bark at the Midnight Hour of the Sun.
Hail unto Thee from the Abodes of Evening.
And after each of these invocations thou shalt give the sign of silence, and afterward thou shalt perform the adoration that is taught thee by thy Superior. And then do thou compose Thyself to holy meditation.
Also it is better if in these adorations thou assume the God-form of Whom thou adorest, as if thou didst unite with Him in the adoration of That which is beyond Him.
Thus shalt thou ever be mindful of the Great Work which thou hast undertaken to perform, and thus shalt thou be strengthened to pursue it unto the attainment of the Stone of the Wise, the Summum Bonum, True Wisdom and Perfect Happiness.

I know it may be confusing with all the references to the A.: A.: in all the Thelemic writings, but you have to remember that Crowley started the A.: A.: as a thelemic organization before he headed the OTO. So, a lot of these writings were written directed to the A.: A.: but then taken by all new Thelemites.
missmars
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I linked to that, but thanks for copying and pasting.

Wink

If the teachings are the same for A.A. O.T.O. and Thelema then what is your beef? What did I say that was so wrong? How did I offend you with my stupidity.. tell me Tannhaus. I'm dying to know.. Rolling Eyes
tannhaus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

missmars wrote:
If the teachings are the same for A.A. O.T.O. and Thelema then what is your beef? What did I say that was so wrong? How did I offend you with my stupidity.. tell me Tannhaus. I'm dying to know.. Rolling Eyes

I told you my problems with the way you acted in the other post. What you're doing here...I have no idea. Why you've decided you need to go through all the posts and attack me, I don't know.

I've commented on pretty much every forum on this board...not just yours. So, why you've taken it upon yourself to follow me around and harass me until I leave, I don't know. But, it's not going to work.
missmars
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yawn.. you've made sure that every post is somehow related to you so looking through anything here could be concidered following you around. As for your further claims to being harassed and attacked.. yawn..
missmars
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this site I found through the LGPedia, there are other links above.

For Brother Vere and myself, we wanted to discover the environment in which Crowley found himself at that time; to take our sacred Book of the Law and read it in the country of its birth, and to witness for ourselves the Stel? of Revealing from which Rose and Aleister drew inspiration.

source The Pilgrimage

So far the link between all of the clues that I've found is that parts of Crowleys teachings were translations of ancient egyptian texts.

Denderah is in Egypt. One of the principal centres of worship of the goddess Hathor, the Egyptian equivalent of Aphrodite or Venus. The Liber Resh is Crowley's translation of the Stel of Revealing, it also talks of Hathor worship. Hail unto Thee who art Ahathoor in Thy triumphing, even unto Thee who art Ahathoor in Thy beauty, who travellest over the heavens in thy bark at the Mid-course of the Sun.
Ahathoor being another name for Hathor..

My guess is that they are leading up to Bree's family being in some sort of Hathor worshipping cult.. somehow related to Crowley and Thelema through the books Crowley has written.

More on Denderah

Here is a map I found:

The Denderah Zodiac as found on the ceiling:

Translation of the figures in the Zodiac of Denderah

Next I'm going to look for any other egyptian connections in Crowley's books and teachings..
tannhaus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But Liber Resh isn't the translation of the Stele. Let me find the translation for you..

http://www.thelema101.com/stele.html
missmars
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's ok, really.. please for the love of whatever it is you believe in. can i have one place on this board where i don't have to deal with your condesending bs. thanks.
missmars
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and to witness for ourselves the Stel? of Revealing from which Rose and Aleister drew inspiration.

The Stella of Revealing, from wence Crowley created Liber Resh, was a translation from the Ancient Egyptian to the French by the assistant creator of the Boulaq Museum in Cairo, under the supervision of the Egyptologist Bugsch Bet in 1904.
tannhaus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

missmars wrote:
that's ok, really.. please for the love of whatever it is you believe in. can i have one place on this board where i don't have to deal with your condesending bs. thanks.

Ok...perhaps we got off on the wrong foot. I took offense on the fact that you acted like I was too stupid to know my own religion or that I was lying to you. You said pretty much exactly both of those things, if not straight out on the first, at least by your actions. On the second, you accused me of pretty much that.

But, in this, why not take the offer of information? On any of it...I've been freely giving information. If it helps you develop your theory...wouldn't it be easier to take the information on Thelema from someone who is familiar with it and knows about it...and use it to develop your theories combined with what you search for?

I don't know anything about Denderah or the worship in that city. I can't help there. But I can offer information about Thelema, the A.: A.: etc...and when you say something erroneous there, I can correct you and show you where to look.

It just seems like it'd make things easier for you...since the majority of your searching would be about Denderah, Egyptian worship, etc..and you could receive help with the Thelemic portions.

My interest is seeing Thelema portrayed in a legitimate fashion...but I can help...and freely offer information about it. In the end, it'd make things a lot simpler all around.
tannhaus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

missmars wrote:
and to witness for ourselves the Stel? of Revealing from which Rose and Aleister drew inspiration.

The Stella of Revealing, from wence Crowley created Liber Resh, was a translation from the Ancient Egyptian to the French by the assistant creator of the Boulaq Museum in Cairo, under the supervision of the Egyptologist Bugsch Bet in 1904.

Yes it was...and it's a beautiful thing...and I linked you directly to a picture of the front and back...along with a literal translation and Crowley's prose translation.

I'm not trying to stand in your way. I would just like to see Thelema itself portrayed rightly. If it takes helping out...I'll do so...and I'd prefer if that was the interraction.
missmars
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd prefer it if you wouldn't.. but you've already proven than you won't let that happen. I literally begged you to leave this post alone. What is your problem? Why would anyone want to post in here when you're just going to jump all over them and accuse them of attacking you and your religion? Huh? I'm citing things I found on the internet if they are wrong.. take it up with the people who wrote it. Don't condesend to me and accuse me of insulting you. I don't even know you, nor do I want to.

And frankly I just don't want to discuss anything with someone who makes sexual comments about school girls in the religion section of the LG15 forums.. that's a straight up weirdo move.. you pretty much give me the geebs.. Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Her Religion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: