Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Denderah - Crowley - Thelema - A.A. connections?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tannhaus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

missmars wrote:
I'm citing things I found on the internet if they are wrong.. take it up with the people who wrote it.

No, what I'm doing is correcting where you misread stuff...or thought the text inferred something..

missmars wrote:
And frankly I just don't want to discuss anything with someone who makes sexual comments about school girls in the religion section of the LG15 forums.. that's a straight up weirdo move.. you pretty much give me the geebs.. Crying or Very sad

I assume you're talking about me joking with the OTO sister and the other person. There is such a thing as joking.
missmars
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

umm no dude. i wasn't brought up in any religion.

i just have a problem with people who 'joke' about pedophilia. as in grown men who make sexual comments about school girls in a forum that is most likely seen by the eyes of many school girls.

woah i'm not reading all of that. you need to find something else to do. wtf!? is this? this is about lonelygirl15. you are gross. omg i don't want to talk about sex with some skeezer on a message board, and i would greatly appreciate it if you would shut the f**k up. you are FREAKING me out! I'm literally crying right now, you disgust me. please leave me alone. i only came here because i wanted to talk about lonelygirl15.
Nora Volkova
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm.. I think this thread is probably unrecoverable at this point. I'm locking it. But I'll remind people that interaction is inevitable on a public forum.

Tannhaus has asked me to delete his post which was so upsetting to missmars and to re-open the thread.

Everyone please bear in mind that misunderstandings are going to happen in any discussion of religion. It probably is best both to use a bit of caution when going into details which others could find very upsetting, and to understand that in a public forum, discussions sometimes *will* go into areas which make us personally uncomfortable. It's very easy to misread each other.

Missmars, Tannhaus did not proposition you in any way in public. If you are alleging that he has done so in private, forward the message to the staff.
Diana
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Mars, what direction do you think the ceremony will take?

According to Wikipedia
Hathor = “Goddess of Motherhood” “Fertility goddess”
“Hathor rapidly became a goddess of beauty, and fertility, thus also a patron goddess for lovers.”

“Hathor was often depicted as a golden cow (sometimes covered in stars), with the titles Cow of Gold, and The one who shines like gold” – this reminded me a lot of the biblical story of the Golden Calf (Exodus 32)

And of course we already know that Aphrodite/Venus = goddess of Love, lust, beauty and sexuality.

Is anyone else beginning to think that this ceremony might involve sex?
thelemaman
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crowley did NOT base Liber Resh on the Stele, he based the Invocation of Horus on the STele... two different rituals!!!! Liber Resh was based on the cycle of the sun and the gods in Egypt that are stationed in those places according to the teaching of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn.

J
missmars
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelemaman wrote:
Crowley did NOT base Liber Resh on the Stele, he based the Invocation of Horus on the STele... two different rituals!!!! Liber Resh was based on the cycle of the sun and the gods in Egypt that are stationed in those places according to the teaching of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn.

J

goldenlotus-oto.org

<i>The Stella of Revealing, from wence Crowley created Liber Resh</i>

so the information on this website is wrong?
prudence
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats what he said!!!

I dont understand this. I am not a Thelemite, but even I am frusterated with those of you who think that your research on the religion is more accurate than what these ppl study, experience and live.
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, just becuase someone practices a certain religion does not make them an end-all-be-all authority on the matter. Don't you think it's a little irresponsible to ask someone to believe everything any Thelemite says about Thelema only based on the fact that they proclaim to be a Thelemite? Isn't that like automatically believing everything that's in the news paper just becuase it's in the news paper? (God help all of you if you do believe everything in the news paper) Missmars was only asking a question..if the website was wrong according to Telemaman. Is asking a question really soooo frustrating. After all, she wasn't saying "You're wrong, you big fat dumb-ass!!"

p.s. I'm not trying to "attack"- though I'm almost certain I'll be acused of doing so. I'm just pointing out that you shouldn't just buy into everything people tell you becuase you assume (or they tell you) that they know what they're talking about.

Last edited by spaciegirlreturn on Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
missmars
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

prudence wrote:
thats what he said!!!

I dont understand this. I am not a Thelemite, but even I am frusterated with those of you who think that your research on the religion is more accurate than what these ppl study, experience and live.

in a nutshell?

the creators didn't study, experience, or live this religion either. they found their information through research as well, and that site looks like it is a respectable source. are we seriously to the point where it's offensive to get information from any source other than a thelema follower on this board.. they don't even agree with each other?
sororyzbl
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

missmars wrote:
thelemaman wrote:

J

goldenlotus-oto.org

<i>The Stella of Revealing, from wence Crowley created Liber Resh</i>

so the information on this website is wrong?

Actually, someone at Golden Lotus Camp is, while not wrong, misrepresenting. Here are a few quotes:

AL III:38 : So that thy light is in me; & its red flame is as a sword in my hand to push thy order. There is a secret door that I shall make to establish thy way in all the quarters, (these are the adorations, as thou hast written), as it is said: <snipped rest of verse>

Here is Crowley's poetic version of the Stele:

Quote:
Above, the gemmed azure is
The naked splendour of Nuit;
She bends in ecstasy to kiss
The secret ardours of Hadit.
The winged globe, the starry blue,
Are mine, O Ankh-af-na-khonsu!

I am the Lord of Thebes, and I
The inspired forth-speaker of Mentu;
For me unveils the veiled sky,
The self-slain Ankh-af-na-khonsu
Whose words are truth. I invoke, I greet
Thy presence, O Ra-Hoor-Khuit!

Unity uttermost showed!
I adore the might of Thy breath,
Supreme and terrible God,
Who makest the gods and death
To tremble before Thee: --
I, I adore thee!

Appear on the throne of Ra!
Open the ways of the Khu!
Lighten the ways of the Ka!
The ways of the Khabs run through
To stir me or still me!
Aum! let it fill me!

The light is mine; its rays consume
Me: I have made a secret door
Into the House of Ra and Tum,
Of Khephra and of Ahathoor.
I am thy Theban, O Mentu,
The prophet Ankh-af-na-khonsu!

By Bes-na-Maut my breast I beat;
By wise Ta-Nech I weave my spell.
Show thy star-splendour, O Nuit!
Bid me within thine House to dwell,
O winged snake of light, Hadit!
Abide with me, Ra-Hoor-Khuit!
Saith of Mentu the truth-telling brother
Who was master of Thebes from his birth:
O heart of me, heart of my mother!
O heart which I had upon earth!
Stand not thou up against me a witness!
Oppose me not, judge, in my quest!
Accuse me not now of unfitness
Before the Great God, the dread Lord of the West!
For I fastened the one to the other
With a spell for their mystical girth,
The earth and the wonderful West,
When I flourished, o earth, on thy breast!

The dead man Ankh-f-n-khonsu
Saith with his voice of truth and calm:
O thou that hast a single arm!
O thou that glitterest in the moon!
I weave thee in the spinning charm;
I lure thee with the billowy tune.

Hath parted from the darkling crowds,
Hath joined the dwellers of the light,
Opening Duaut, the star-abodes,
Their keys receiving.
Hath made his passage into night,
His pleasure on the earth to do
Among the living.

Liber Resh isn't in here, although it is referenced in the line "I have made a secret door into the house of Ra and Tum, of Khephra and of Ahathoor." Crowley wrote Liber Resh to symbolise the "secret door" that Ankh-f-Na-Khonsu set into motion with his invocation to Ra-Hoor.

[/i]
MCH/TA,X ++ CO1,PEG/SG,W+,N++, Dd+, Dr+, A, a+, C++, G++, QH+++,666+++, Y+++
------END MAGIC CODE BLOCK------
sororyzbl
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

missmars wrote:
prudence wrote:
thats what he said!!!

in a nutshell?

the creators didn't study, experience, or live this religion either. they found their information through research as well, and that site looks like it is a respectable source. are we seriously to the point where it's offensive to get information from any source other than a thelema follower on this board.. they don't even agree with each other?

We're actually agreeing, we're just extreme sticklers for details. It's why there are so many splinter groups.

And how do you know about the creators? They're not representing Thelema at all, they're representing the Order of Denderah, a fake religion.

Smile
MCH/TA,X ++ CO1,PEG/SG,W+,N++, Dd+, Dr+, A, a+, C++, G++, QH+++,666+++, Y+++
------END MAGIC CODE BLOCK------
LFT
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liber Resh is is indeed about 'the secret door', we also know from 'Magick without tears', the other purposes for this 'celebration'. It is not about the Stele of Revealing. I would say it is derived from some writings in the Book of the Dead, 'Homage to Thee, O Ra, at thy beauteous rising. Thou risest, thou shinest at the Dawn' et cetera.
missmars
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sororyzbl wrote:

We're actually agreeing, we're just extreme sticklers for details. It's why there are so many splinter groups.

sorry, but i've seen you disagree with each other several times on this board..

sororyzbl wrote:

And how do you know about the creators? They're not representing Thelema at all, they're representing the Order of Denderah, a fake religion.

how are they not representing thelema at all? it says thelema on the front page of this website, the unicursal hexagram is on the website. they are trying to create a fictional branch of a real religion - thelema. fictional so that no one will be able to predict exactly where the story is going. based on a factual religion to keep the arg aspect going, to keep people on it trying to figure out where it might be heading. if it was %100 fiction, it would just be a story. that's why i personally feel that having all of you thelema experts on here is almost counterproductive. i mean you guys know more than wikipedia, more than the websites out there, and let's not forget more than those who 'research for 10 min online and think they know more than you', and certainly i'm sure you know more than the creators themselves. Wink

i myself have grown tired of this. off topic drama aside. trying to find clues is pointless, because a thelemite will just chime in telling you that the information out there is false.. and by posting it you are attacking them. to me this board has become nothing more than a place for thelemites to spread their own version of the religion they follow.
sweetie55
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch, my eyes...everyone should be taking what Bree supposedly took and chill out! And to end all this arguing on Thelema, I'll make this statement:

Bree's actually an ALIEN from PLUTO! lol discuss that! Razz
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweetie55 wrote:
Ouch, my eyes...everyone should be taking what Bree supposedly took and chill out! And to end all this arguing on Thelema, I'll make this statement:

Bree's actually an ALIEN from PLUTO! lol discuss that! Razz

Believe me..if I had to deal with this BS in real life, you can bet I'd be wasted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Her Religion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: