Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ruining the fun.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Ruining the fun. Reply with quote

Something needs to be done about the religious accusations and fights going on here. I can't keep getting so angry. It's really ruining the fun.
cimaruta
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:58 am    Post subject: Re: Ruining the fun. Reply with quote

JustAnotherLonelyGirl. wrote:
Something needs to be done about the religious accusations and fights going on here. I can't keep getting so angry. It's really ruining the fun.

Well, I agree that such heated debates don't belong in the category "Mysteries in the Plot," that's for certain. But I highly doubt that the subject can be censored on the boards.

My suggestion would be to create an area elsewhere, perhaps in General Discussion, where people can take their religious concerns and debates that do not pertain to the LG15 plot.
vagmfan
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree. There needs to be an area set up for those that want to argue the finer points of religion and leave that garbage off the rest of the forums.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard to separate it when the convos start off discussing points of religion that could be Bree's.
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If everyone would keep an open mind, there'd be no religious arguments to begin with.

Remember, just because someone else may believe something doesn't mean that you have to. Respect others' beliefs, and I'm sure they'll do the same Smile

'mute

'vote 'mute in '16!
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wintermute wrote:
If everyone would keep an open mind, there'd be no religious arguments to begin with.

Remember, just because someone else may believe something doesn't mean that you have to. Respect others' beliefs, and I'm sure they'll do the same Smile

'mute

Agreed.

Also, if religion is super touchy for someone...the fact that the thread is titled HER RELGION...should tell ya to maybe steer clear.

Most of the problems I've seen in there lately are people attacking people because they don't like seeing people getting attacked... Rolling Eyes
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
Most of the problems I've seen in there lately are people attacking people because they don't like seeing people getting attacked... Rolling Eyes

ROTFLMAO... I so need a spill-proof keyboard today...

'mute

'vote 'mute in '16!
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
tannhaus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, what I find amusing is that the original poster came into the religion forum, attacked me...I showed her where I was just responding to the person's attacks....and she comes in here and posts this.

I personally don't see how it was ok for her to do, but when she realized she was in the wrong, she wants us all banned or something. I can hope that she "saw the error of her ways".

But honestly, all of the posts there have the potential to be about her religion. So, it's sort of useless to put up a forum for people to speculate about her religion, then deny them the ability to do so.

Are there a lot of attacks there? There were when we Thelemites first came on the board. People went to work attacking us as soon as we identified ourselves and began defending our beliefs. But, honestly, lately it's been dying down.

It's only picking up again now because we've got people coming in, reading over a couple of pages of a post, and then choosing to attack based on that. It's sort of ironic that they're coming in, attacking to promote peace or something...and actually raising hostilities again. But, I think that if people will actually follow the posts and not be so quick to attack, things will die down.

It's just the way of things.
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tannhaus wrote:
It's just the way of things.

But it shouldn't be. Unfortunately, many religions don't hold tolerance of others as a core belief. Those people who follow those religions are free to believe the way they do, I just ask that they not push it on me (or anyone else). I'm kinda a student of religion. They fascinate me. Unfortunately, every religion has its zealots...

'mute

'vote 'mute in '16!
tannhaus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wintermute wrote:
But it shouldn't be. Unfortunately, many religions don't hold tolerance of others as a core belief. Those people who follow those religions are free to believe the way they do, I just ask that they not push it on me (or anyone else). I'm kinda a student of religion. They fascinate me. Unfortunately, every religion has its zealots...

Agreed. It's sad that you have to stick yourself out there to expose people to your religion because if you don't, they think the worst and fear your religion....and that goes for any religion.

I would much prefer people saying "Hey, I was given the ability to make up my mind for myself, so I should extend it to others."

It's like the other day. I was sitting and reading a book. A jehovah's witness pulls up beside me in his van full of people, gets out and holds out a Watchtower. He says "Hey, do you ever wonder who we are and what we're doing around town?" I replied "No, I've read up a little on you."

He replies "Well, do you believe in Jesus Christ?" I reply "No." and he just stands there with a shocked look on his face. He turns around, goes back to his van, and I can hear him tell the others "He said he doesn't believe in Jesus" and they're all staring out the windows at me like I have two heads.

Why do I have to believe in Jesus? Why do I HAVE to believe anything? It makes no sense.
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tannhaus wrote:
He replies "Well, do you believe in Jesus Christ?" I reply "No." and he just stands there with a shocked look on his face. He turns around, goes back to his van, and I can hear him tell the others "He said he doesn't believe in Jesus" and they're all staring out the windows at me like I have two heads.

Reminds me of when I was a computer tech. I went onsite to a customer's house to do some computer work. I was getting ready to leave when someone asked "How are you and Jesus getting along?" Whenever I hear this question, it takes everything in me not to respond with something along the lines of "He ran off with my wife, who stole my car and maxed all my credit cards. If I see that Jesus (with a soft "J") guy again, I'll punch him in the face." But I bite my tongue every time... One of these days, though... Laughing

'mute

'vote 'mute in '16!
twjaniak
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wintermute wrote:
tannhaus wrote:

Reminds me of when I was a computer tech. I went onsite to a customer's house to do some computer work. I was getting ready to leave when someone asked "How are you and Jesus getting along?" Whenever I hear this question, it takes everything in me not to respond with something along the lines of "He ran off with my wife, who stole my car and maxed all my credit cards. If I see that Jesus (with a soft "J") guy again, I'll punch him in the face." But I bite my tongue every time... One of these days, though... Laughing

'mute

That scene would have been much funnier if you said nothing and just punched the querent in the face.
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

twjaniak wrote:
That scene would have been much funnier if you said nothing and just punched the querent in the face.

Come see the violence inherent in the system! Laughing

'mute

'vote 'mute in '16!
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wintermute wrote:
twjaniak wrote:

Come see the violence inherent in the system! Laughing

'mute

Laughing Days like this where you guys have me laughing make all the arguments worth it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: