Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

sopdet
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LC
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:35 am    Post subject: sopdet Reply with quote

The goddess Sopdet was the personification of the "dog star", known to the Greeks as Seirios (Sirius). Sopdet was the most important star to the Ancient Egyptians, and was known as a decon. Together with her husband Sah (Orion), and her son Soped, Sopdet formed part of a divine triad which paralleled that of Osiris, Isis and Horus.

The Dog Star in Magical Traditions

http://www.room23.de/room23_view_detail.php?ID=1164

"To find in the BLAZING STAR of five points an allusion to Divine Providence is
also fanciful; and to make it commemorative of the Star that is said to have
guided the Magi is to give it a meaning comparatively modern. Originally, it
represented SIRIUS, or the Dog Star."
- General Albert Pike, Morals and Dogma

Sirius, the dog star, stands for the spirit of wisdom in the Zoroastrian
tradition.

"Temple believes the Contact (which he tends to portray as physical, involving
actual space-ships) occurred in Sumeria around 4500 B.C. The knowledge thus
gained, he argues was passed on via various secret societies of initiates in
the Near East, Egypt, Greece and so on, at least until the time of the 5th
century (A.D.) neo-Platonist Proclus. Thereafter, Temple loses track of it, and
suggests that it petered out, although he mentions that off-shoots of it
appeared in 'such bizarre and fascinating figures as Giordano Bruno, Marsilio
Ficino, John Dee and even Sir Philip Sidney and the Earl of Leicester - not to
mention the troubadours of Provence, Dante in Italy, and the massacred tens of
thousands of Albigensians in France, the Knights Templar and an infinite rage
of hopeless causes over two and a half millennia...'"

"Kenneth Grant, one of Crowley 's closest associates in the Ordo Templi
Orientis, repeatedly links Crowley with Sirius and seems to be hinting that the
'Holy Guardian Angel' contacted by Crowleyan mind-expansion techniques is a
denizen of Sirius. J.G. Bennett, one of the closest of George Gurdjieff 's
associates, also tells us of coded references to Sirius in Gurdjieff's
writings. Sufi historian Indries Shah traces the name of the Illuminati back to
a verse in the Koran which mentions a shining star, and Crowley's alternative
name for the Illuminati was the Order of the Silver Star (Argentum Astrum)."
- Robert Anton Wilson, Cosmic Trigger

"The Order of the Silver Star is thus the Order of the Eye of Set, 'the Sun
behind the Sun.' ...The Silver Star is Sirius."
- Kenneth Grant, Aleister Crowley and the Hidden God

"George Hunt Willamson, a flying saucer Contactee, claims to have spoken to
natives of Sirius who use a language containing some to the same words as the
'Enochian' or 'angelic' language used by such magicians as Dr. John Dee and
Crowley. Williamson also tells us a secret order on Earth has been in contact
with Sirius for thousands of years and that the emblem of that order is the eye
of Horus."
- Robert Anton Wilson, Cosmic Trigger

"Many reliable psychics and mystics firmly subscribe to the idea of a special
gene, or personalized 'time capsule', programmed with the knowledge of the 'old
ones' who came from the Sirius system centuries ago; this gene has been passed
down from generation to generation to the present day. From this Sirian genetic
strain a new school of magic has emerged."
- Murray Hope, Practical Egyptian Magic
tannhaus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that....it has me wondering if they're not going to give this a Kenneth Grant twist. I personally think he's a nut, but he IS a thelemite. If they do, then you'll also have the following correlation:

Sirius = Aiwazz = Aleister Crowley

Aiwazz is Crowley's Holy Guardian Angel...the writer of the Book of the Law.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja/Kasdaye...gets no respect. sigh. Nobody cares about the watchers... Wink Laughing
Nora Volkova
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So perhaps Kas' research here supports the notion that this upcoming ceremony is some sort of symbollic heirosgamos, to commune with some lg15 version of some religious bigwig's HGA.

That helps also support the notion that the Order of Denderah is merely a senior order within the religion with access to senior rites, and not necessarily some dangerous offshoot. Bree's parents are not ascended to that Order, so they wouldn't know the ceremony itself.

It would seem that Bree herself is certainly not senior enough to be a heirodule -- perhaps that will be Lucy's role in the ceremony.
tannhaus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nora Volkova wrote:
So perhaps Kas' research here supports the notion that this upcoming ceremony is some sort of symbollic heirosgamos, to commune with some lg15 version of some religious bigwig's HGA.

Not sure I follow you here. I think most thelemites see the HGA as the person's True Self...so i don't see how you would commune with someone else's HGA.
LC
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok,,, I don't have time to do any research on this right now, but I think I read somewhere that Crowley believed that the spirit that supposedly dictated the Bood of the Law to him was an acient egyptian god but also what we think of as an alien? And that what we think of as aliens are actually fallen angels which can be communicated with through Enochian language?
tannhaus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LC wrote:
Ok,,, I don't have time to do any research on this right now, but I think I read somewhere that Crowley believed that the spirit that supposedly dictated the Bood of the Law to him was an acient egyptian god but also what we think of as an alien? And that what we think of as aliens are actually fallen angels which can be communicated with through Enochian language?

At times he thougth it was his Higher Self. At other times he thought it was a praeternatural intelligence... But I think he meant more along the lines of the Secret Chiefs with that one...not martians lol. I know Kenneth Grant went drastically off into the UFO thing...but most of us don't. But, since she stressed the Sopthis connection...that may very well be where she's going.

As far as enochian...it's used to communicate with regular angels...not fallen ones.
LC
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The picture is a drawing made by occultist Alistair Crowley of an entity he had invoked repeatedly in 1918 and called "Lam."
According to O.T.O. chief Kenneth Grant:

Lam is known to be a link between the star systems of Sirius and Andromeda.

Lam is the gateway to the Void. Its number, 71, is that of "NoThing", an apparition.

Lam, as a Great Old One, whose archetype is recognizable in accounts of UFO occupants.

Lam has been invoked to fulfill the work set afoot by Aiwass; as a reflex of Aiwass.

Lam as the transmitter to AL of the vibrations of LA via MA, the key to the Aeon of Maat.

Lam is the occult energy beaming the vibrations of Maat and may proceed from that future aeon

http://www.boudillion.com/lam/lam.htm
[/url]
tannhaus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LC wrote:
According to O.T.O. chief Kenneth Grant

Yeah...all I can say to that is that Kenneth Grant wishes he was head of the OTO...it's been proven in court he's not.

And if that's the direction the videos are going...you'll hear me groaning all the way over there Razz
LC
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tannhaus wrote:

At times he thougth it was his Higher Self. At other times he thought it was a praeternatural intelligence... But I think he meant more along the lines of the Secret Chiefs with that one...not martians lol. I know Kenneth Grant went drastically off into the UFO thing...but most of us don't. But, since she stressed the Sopthis connection...that may very well be where she's going.

As far as enochian...it's used to communicate with regular angels...not fallen ones.

Oh sorry- I guess as a christian I was automatically thinking of them as fallen- But So, Thelemists believe that these beings are the true angels, and not fallen ones...
That's interesting. I can see how different sects of Thelema could exist with very different focuses and beliefs, (same goes in Christianity no doubt) I have a feeling this is kind of the direction that the LG15 writers are going...
So would they hypothetically in the ceremony be trying to contact LAM or Crowley's 'gaurdian angel'? (Sorry I know there is a huge possibility that I'm mixed up on some things... I'm just interested but know that all my facts might not be straight)
tannhaus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LC wrote:
Oh sorry- I guess as a christian I was automatically thinking of them as fallen- But So, Thelemists believe that these beings are the true angels, and not fallen ones...

It's not just Thelemites. Enochian is a language that was transmitted to John Dee via Edward Kelly in the 16th century. They were Christians. John Dee was an astrologer to Queen Elizabeth.

The Rosicrucians? The Golden Dawn? Both Christian organizations...as were most occult orders.

LC wrote:
That's interesting. I can see how different sects of Thelema could exist with very different focuses and beliefs, (same goes in Christianity no doubt) I have a feeling this is kind of the direction that the LG15 writers are going...

Yeah, Kenneth Grant was thrown out of the Ordo Templi Orientis. So, he decided he could seize power and become the head...and his students tried to say Crowley did the same thing. Of course, that's ridiculous. Once you're thrown out of an Order.....you've been thrown out.

I too have a feeling that's where they may be going. When I saw the last video and heard her mention Sopthis as being important, I hung my head. I'm sure you can find something decent in Kenneth Grant's work...and I know many Thelemites that say they have...I just personally don't feel like wading through aliens and space monsters to get to it.

But, yes...there are differences among Thelemites. Every thelemite is an individual. Some come up with theories that are truly out there...like Grant...but that's above and beyond him being a thelemite. So, it's not like we're sitting here and saying "Oh, those people aren't really thelemites." They are. Their theories have no bearing on whether they're thelemites or not...the same as the fact they can be muslim and be a thelemite....hindu and be a thelemite...etc.
Sheikh Gomelez
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tannhaus wrote:
LC wrote:
According to O.T.O. chief Kenneth Grant

Yeah...all I can say to that is that Kenneth Grant wishes he was head of the OTO...it's been proven in court he's not.

And if that's the direction the videos are going...you'll hear me groaning all the way over there Razz

I'm curious, tannhaus... If we hear you groaning all the way over here, will it signify that you've taken offense at the plot development/"reveal", or will it indicate that you're not fond of Grant and Typhonian O.T.O. stuff? Razz

That kind of twist would make sense of the astronomical and, dare I say it, Lovecraftian allusions...
And dissension have begun.
tannhaus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheikh Gomelez wrote:
I'm curious, tannhaus... If we hear you groaning all the way over here, will it signify that you've taken offense at the plot development/"reveal", or will it indicate that you're not fond of Grant and Typhonian O.T.O. stuff? Razz

I'll just say that I wish Toto had stayed in Kansas with Dorothy Razz

Sheikh Gomelez wrote:
That kind of twist would make sense of the astronomical and, dare I say it, Lovecraftian allusions...

Ok..you got an honest to goodness laugh out of me with that one.
Sheikh Gomelez
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tannhaus wrote:
Sheikh Gomelez wrote:

I'll just say that I wish Toto had stayed in Kansas with Dorothy Razz

Sheikh Gomelez wrote:

Ok..you got an honest to goodness laugh out of me with that one.

I'm glad. Laughing Smile

At least the Creators haven't mentioned Typhonian Transmissions or quoted Liber Pennae Praenumbra yet... Rolling Eyes Laughing

Last edited by Sheikh Gomelez on Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Sheikh Gomelez
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offense intended to the Typhonians in the audience. Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Her Religion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: