Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

sopdet
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tannhaus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sororyzbl wrote:
That's hot. touto esti to poterion to haimatos mou, indeed.

I can't remember the book I read recently on gnosticism. But, it had a section on modern gnostics...and it included Crowley and Thelema. I think people would be surprised if they did some research and found out that a lot of the things they're, as Christians, criticizing Thelemites for are actually things from their own religion's past.

I mean...blood/semen in the eucharist...gnostic christians...Crowley's views on a lot of the Biblical personas.....ties directly into gnostic christianity...

If you read, you find out that, far from Christianity being a unified whole under Paul, it was actually extremely fractured. Not only did all Christians not see Paul as an authority, some Christian groups saw him as an enemy...and that continued down to Thomas Jefferson who wrote that Paul was "the original corrupter of Christ's teachings" and promoted taking his books out of the Bible.

According to Irraneus:

But the Ebionites use only that Gospel which is according to Matthew, and repudiate the Apostle Paul, calling him an apostate from the Law.

You can even see instances where Christ's disciples did not welcome Paul or his followers:

Galatians 2:11-14

11But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.

12For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.

13And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation.

14But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?

Of course, James had accepted him and his followers as followers of Christ after the Council of Jerusalem. But, even James would excommunicate him and his followers from fellowship once he was given word that Paul was a Roman.

So you have a very diverse early Christianity...it's a shame that the Catholic church rooted out and burned the gospels of the other sects...we're only getting a brief glimpse now that we've got the Dead Sea Scrolls, Nag Hammadi library, etc. of the diversity that existed back then.
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheikh Gomelez wrote:
Kasdeja wrote:
He pushed it...he took what was there and accepted Pagan rituals (he wasn't much of a true, believing christian until his death bead) partly because it's easier to make everyone follow one religion if you let them keep their current practices. He didn't write the texts in the bible, though. But I get what you are saying.

Disney certainly did push it. One suspects he had an agenda. Fairy Godmothers, Horned Kings, Mickey Mouse wearing a wizard's star-and-moon hat and making brooms act of their own accord, and seven dwarves, i.e. nature spirits, lending material and moral support to a monarchist who's living in the woods. Not to mention the animal-to-human transformations. And let's not forget that the insidious Oswald the Lucky Rabbit was a prototype for Mickey. We all know where these things lead...

I'm not so sure Disney became a Christian on his deathbed, though. There are persistent rumors about Disney's body being frozen with future resurrection in mind. In at least one of the tale's variations, Uncle Walt's head was preserved using cutting-edge cryopreservation technology developed by researchers who posed as "imagineers" for his company. The story reminds me of the Templars worshipping that severed head, and remembering Schonfield's theory that Baphomet-- the name of the Templar's beloved idol-- is Atbash cipher for sophia, "wisdom" so-called, gives me bone-aching chills.

Oh, wait. You're talking about Constantine.

Sorry. I saw the pronouns and thought you were agreeing with me. Wink

Umm...yeah. I think we may need to get a grip here. I've researched many a Disney detail in my time. This kind of speculation is nothing more than speculation. I am not a Disney enthusuast neccessarily, but I think a lot of unfair speculation is tossed around with authority by people who are not "authorities". It's old hat anyway. The dirtiest, most ironic little details are those that are not discussed regularly...or ever. P.S. His head is not frozen..neither is his body.
tannhaus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spaciegirl wrote:
P.S. His head is not frozen..neither is his body.

There has been a long-standing urban legend that after his death, Disney was cryogenically frozen so he may be revived at a later date. However, this has been refuted on numerous occasions. In fact, Disney was cremated, and his ashes were interred at Forest Lawn Cemetery in Los Angeles, CA.

<--- From his tomb
tannhaus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To get back to the original topic...

The original post mentioned the A.: A.: being Crowley's Illuminati. I'd like to mention here that the A.: A.: had nothing to do with the Illuminati. The Illuminati was an actual organization started by Adam Weishaupt. I know conspiracy theorists like to place the Illuminati EVERYWHERE, but it was an actual organization.

As far as the Sopthis revelation, I honestly can't say I have any idea where it is going from here. I would hope it doesn't get into Grant. I wouldn't be offended. I'd be mortified LOL. I personally try to keep Kenneth Grant in the basement and feed him stale bits of bread with an occasional glass of water. But, if it does, I wouldn't be offended. I just think there are a lot more sane places to go with this.

It does seem to me like she spent a lot of time on the calendar and referencing it to modern astrology...the majority of the video. We know her dad(?) does bibliomancy....so perhaps astrology is something their family focuses on as well.

In other words....they could just be leading us on a tangent for the fun of it.
tannhaus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache:I2D9jBlrGNIJ:www.philae.nu/akhet/ennead2.html+sopdet+denderah&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=4&lr=lang_en

http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache:XsAsSYmjTaAJ:www.islandnet.com/~see/weather/almanac/arc2006/alm06aug.htm+sopdet+denderah&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=7&lr=lang_en

I just found this....that equates Sopdet with Isis...combined with bree's purity thing...

So perhaps that's a turn this is taking? And the reason her parents cannot attend is because they are married?

Some scholars argue that aspects of Isis worship have influenced the practices of some Christians in regard to the Virgin Mary, and especially her relationship with her son, Jesus. There is a strong resemblance to the depiction of the seated Isis holding or suckling the child Horus (Harpocrates) and the seated Mary and the baby Jesus. It has been suggested by these scholars that the reason Isis worship abruptly ends, despite the vast number of its adherents, is due to her having been identified as Mary, and her temples having been merely renamed in consequence. If this is true then it could be said that, in a way, Isis is still worshipped today, and has been for at least 5000 years.
Many Egyptologists however disagree with the claims, stating that by the time the cult of Virgin Mary arose, the worship of Isis has greatly evolved from the Egyptian myths, and her relationship with Horus was no longer a major factor. These egyptologists consider that the goddess whose worship was replaced by Christianity was a merged Isis-Aphrodite hybrid, with sexuality and magical aspects much more important to the cult. By this time she was almost never depicted as a mother with baby; she was mostly depicted alone, often lifting her dress to expose her genitals. Nethertheless, the resemblance between early Christian images of Mary and those of Isis are sometimes striking, providing an explanation for the somewhat awkward position of Mary's arm - breastfeeding that was later censured by the addition of clothing.

Also, by the end, their were no priests of Isis...only priestesses. So maybe?
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tannhaus wrote:
spaciegirl wrote:
P.S. His head is not frozen..neither is his body.

There has been a long-standing urban legend that after his death, Disney was cryogenically frozen so he may be revived at a later date. However, this has been refuted on numerous occasions. In fact, Disney was cremated, and his ashes were interred at Forest Lawn Cemetery in Los Angeles, CA.

<--- From his tomb

I'm well aware.
tannhaus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spaciegirl wrote:
I'm well aware.

Yes...it was backing up what you said.

Maybe I'm wrong here...but it seems like you've taken it upon yourself to run around attacking me...and anyone that happens to be remotely agreeing it seems from the recent post...going so far as to call someone a jackass...and judging from everything else you've said, I'd think you were talking about a couple of thelemites there.

If you want to talk points, talk points..but the Crusades are over. There's no reason for the blanket hostility...and you can infer anything from my interractions you wish. Point in case, you said in one post about people (by people I assume you'd mean a couple of outspoken thelemites) being "preachy and condescending" and was seen as preachy and condescending yourself.

But, this isn't cool...
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think much of what you say is cool either....and it has nothing to do with the fact that you're a Thelemite and/or my own beliefs. This doesn't need to be a constant debate.
edit- and yes, I think you're being insanely defensive and taking all of this way too seriously with little cause to do so...and I find that to be jackass-like. Sorry, but I do.

Last edited by spaciegirlreturn on Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
tannhaus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spaciegirl wrote:
I don't think much of what you say is cool either....and it has nothing to do with the fact that you're a Thelemite and/or my own beliefs. This doesn't need to be a constant debate.

Well, then why come in here and be hostile? Why stir the hostilities back up?

And yeah...this does need to be constant debate and discussion. It's a discussion forum. That's what you do...discuss things.

I'm going to stand up for what I believe...sure. That was the main reason I came here...to make sure Thelema was portrayed in a reasonable light in the forums. But, defending your beliefs doesn't make you a "jackass". If anything, it's added to the forums.
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tannhaus wrote:
spaciegirl wrote:

Well, then why come in here and be hostile? Why stir the hostilities back up?

And yeah...this does need to be constant debate and discussion. It's a discussion forum. That's what you do...discuss things.

I'm going to stand up for what I believe...sure. That was the main reason I came here...to make sure Thelema was portrayed in a reasonable light in the forums. But, defending your beliefs doesn't make you a "jackass". If anything, it's added to the forums.

discussion-yes. I don't consider your posts to be a discussion so much as a piece by piece disection of other people's opinions all pointed out and corrected so that you are "right". This will be the last time I address you becuase I do not wish to go back and forth with you for no apparent reason..so post your reply to this and have your last word. I'm done. I don't feel the need to explicitly validate what I've said to or about you. I find you incredibly irritating, and perhaps you find me to be irritating as well. People can disagree and we are not required to like eachother.
tannhaus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spaciegirl wrote:
People can disagree and we are not required to like eachother.

No, we're not. But, I find it pretty amazing that you come off as preachy and condescending in one post...after you pretty much attack someone for agreeing with me...while accusing me off coming off as being preachy and condescending, you call me a jackass in another post, you get all huffy in this post because I agreed with you...

And you do this why? Because you think people are being too defensive of their beliefs? You attack...because you think people are defensive. Isn't that sorta like making war for peace? Then when I directly confront you with it, you don't see a reason to talk....yet you saw plenty of reason to attack me on several posts when I wasn't speaking to you....

That's very odd....and all this from someone I've never said a word to.
Sheikh Gomelez
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spaciegirl wrote:
Sheikh Gomelez wrote:
Kasdeja wrote:
He pushed it...he took what was there and accepted Pagan rituals (he wasn't much of a true, believing christian until his death bead) partly because it's easier to make everyone follow one religion if you let them keep their current practices. He didn't write the texts in the bible, though. But I get what you are saying.

Disney certainly did push it. One suspects he had an agenda. Fairy Godmothers, Horned Kings, Mickey Mouse wearing a wizard's star-and-moon hat and making brooms act of their own accord, and seven dwarves, i.e. nature spirits, lending material and moral support to a monarchist who's living in the woods. Not to mention the animal-to-human transformations. And let's not forget that the insidious Oswald the Lucky Rabbit was a prototype for Mickey. We all know where these things lead...

I'm not so sure Disney became a Christian on his deathbed, though. There are persistent rumors about Disney's body being frozen with future resurrection in mind. In at least one of the tale's variations, Uncle Walt's head was preserved using cutting-edge cryopreservation technology developed by researchers who posed as "imagineers" for his company. The story reminds me of the Templars worshipping that severed head, and remembering Schonfield's theory that Baphomet-- the name of the Templar's beloved idol-- is Atbash cipher for sophia, "wisdom" so-called, gives me bone-aching chills.

Oh, wait. You're talking about Constantine.

Sorry. I saw the pronouns and thought you were agreeing with me. Wink

Umm...yeah. I think we may need to get a grip here. I've researched many a Disney detail in my time. This kind of speculation is nothing more than speculation. I am not a Disney enthusuast neccessarily, but I think a lot of unfair speculation is tossed around with authority by people who are not "authorities". It's old hat anyway. The dirtiest, most ironic little details are those that are not discussed regularly...or ever. P.S. His head is not frozen..neither is his body.

I'm pleased to note that the deliberate assertion of absurdities on this or any thread signifies that we should get a grip. I can't think of anyone who'd embellish known falsehoods with entirely unrelated speculations to lighten the mood and to demonstrate that a conversation is moving off-topic. That would be terribly... insincere of the person.
Wink

I'm also pleased to see you use scare quotes to deflate the claims of those who claim to be "authorities" on a subject. Thank the stars I was joking, and thank goodness I didn't claim to be an authority on anything. I'd hate to imagine the performance anxiety I'd suffer upon entering the Hall of Maat... Still, I have to ask: Were you were physically present for Disney's cremation, and can you prove that the cremation was not in fact a coverup? Also, I'd like to inquire how well you knew the man, as your statements imply privileged knowledge of those "dirtiest, most ironic little details"... Wink

Speaking of dirty details, I'm wondering if you were alluding to Britney Spears and her alleged connections to one of the Disney Empire's darkest secrets, that of the so-called Lessing Schism. Wouldn't you agree that the transformation of Britney Spears from Mouseketeer to pop fertility idol might be due to an influence far more pernicious than that of K-Fed? Perhaps Britney and several of her contemporaries were Spies in the House of Mouse all along. Maybe she's merely one in a series of bubblegum icons genetically engineered to promote the twisted agenda of Uncle Walt's Bund-loving, union-hating, Commie-bashing pal Gunther Lessing. Perhaps Britney is a siren whose digitally-enhanced vocals are calculated to trick unwary youths into crashing their vessels against the Cliffs of Mediocre Fornication so they'll drown in that most shallow of seas, the Death of Affect.

(I suspect that Daniel Edwards revealed more than he intended by calling his almost pagan sculpture of Ms. Spears a "Monument to Pro-Life"; he could just as easily have named the piece "The Queen of the Aesir Brings Forth Issue" or "With the Melting of Ice Cometh Spring" or something similar. Notice that the sculpture isn't painted? I imagine that's another clue. Britney's original brunette hair and brown eyes were made-to-order, a perfect disguise to avoid blowback... If such theories can be believed, Spears was a Wolf in Mouseketeer's Clothing.)

Several sources allege that Lessing isn't dead and that he underwent a negative or "dark" version of supramental transformation in 1963, much to the chagrin of the Secret Chiefs. Long after Walt's death, Lessing remained active in the Disney organization out of loyalty to his deceased and chilly friend's skull, hoping that "the mouth will speak for the heart, as the heart needs no worldly vessel, but we have need of his words," according to a source who heard it from a friend of Lessing's college classmate. Lessing finally quit the organization (or was excommunicated by Walt's son) due to his comments about The Fox and The Hound. (This film was "the worst kinda Red bulls***," according to Lessing, who said as much to his psychiatrist. Apparently, the attorney felt great turmoil and rage in the Seventies and Eighties, thanks in part to his repressing the trauma caused by yogic life extension, and sought out several of the country's best mental health specialists. One of the doctors was so disturbed by the man's confessions that he violated confidentiality agreements and wrote a revealing but verbose monograph on Lessing entitled Too True to Be Believed: Post-Life Extension, Work-Related Reactive Psychosis, and the Triggering of Schizoid Personality Disorder, A Case History. The doctor disappeared months after self-publishing this screed, and his monograph has become the stuff of urban legend. It's rumored that certain zealous company employees mixed the loose-lipped doctor's remains with material used to build the EPCOT Center.) According to some sources, Lessing moved to Brazil in the mid-1980s and has devoted himself to a particularly destructive immanentizing of the eschaton, and skilled Brazillian surgeons have sculpted his features to resemble Gregory Peck's... although some conspiracy theorists maintain that he runs a rural dentistry clinic and looks more like Laurence Olivier.

The factionalism within the Disney conspiracy goes a long way towards explaining the spy/secret agent motifs in the videos for "Toxic" by Ms. Spears and "SexyBack" by Mr. Justin Timberlake.

And of course, Lessing went to Yale, and the less said of Skull and Bones, the better. Razz
And dissension have begun.

Last edited by Sheikh Gomelez on Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:44 am; edited 4 times in total
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh...now you've done it... Wink
Sheikh Gomelez
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
Oh...now you've done it... Wink

I don't know what you mean. I'm as chaste as a member of the Skopsky, as sober as a judge, and as innocent as a lamb in Second Life. Razz
And dissension have begun.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You wouldn't frequent a poetry site, would you? YOu sound like someone Iknow. Haha. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Her Religion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: