Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tree of Life
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tannhaus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: Tree of Life Reply with quote

toadlguy wrote:
tannhaus isn't against dissing religion, he's against dissing HIS religion. (Just an observation.)

Then show me where I've dissed anyone's religion that didn't diss mine first...since you're being so observant.

As far as the Madonna thing, if I were a Christian and saw a televangelist on tv milking old ladies out of their money in the name of God and changing religion to put more money in his pockets, would you accuse me of bashing Christianity if I lamented it?

Well, what Rabbi Berg has done is basically that. He's totally thrown out the Kabbalah, replaced it with some easily digested mumbo jumbo...so he can rub elbows with the stars and make lots of money. As someone who practices the Qabalah, I feel no reservations against speaking out about what that man has done. Madonna is just a dupe..she doesn't know any better...but he damn well does.
toadlguy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: Tree of Life Reply with quote

tannhaus wrote:
toadlguy wrote:
tannhaus isn't against dissing religion, he's against dissing HIS religion. (Just an observation.)

Then show me where I've dissed anyone's religion that didn't diss mine first...

I didn't say they didn't diss yours first - you can't really say, looking back over your posts, that you don't diss other peoples religion - can you? Your reply, in fact, is just that - whether it's true or not.

It's easy to argue against a statement - if you get to make up the statement you are arguing against (it's called a straw man - it's *cough* George Bush's *cough* favorite technique.)
Nora Volkova
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: Tree of Life Reply with quote

tannhaus wrote:
cymatic wrote:

Hey, who's dissing other people's religions now? Twisted Evil

The Kabbalah isn't a religion though...more of a system. But, I'm not dissing Madonna as much as I'm dissing Rabbi Berg and what he's done to the Kabbalah.

Meh, comme ci, comme ca. Time will tell; at this stage, Kabbalah of the icky-poo Berg/Madonna set does seem to be taking little baby steps toward evolving into a genuine religious tradition. Same as Scientology. With both, you can still criticize the parent organizations as much as you like, because they have a hell of a lot of bad behavior. Same as with other churches.
tannhaus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: Tree of Life Reply with quote

Nora Volkova wrote:
Meh, comme ci, comme ca. Time will tell; at this stage, Kabbalah of the icky-poo Berg/Madonna set does seem to be taking little baby steps toward evolving into a genuine religious tradition. Same as Scientology. With both, you can still criticize the parent organizations as much as you like, because they have a hell of a lot of bad behavior. Same as with other churches.

I don't know..when I see Madonna urging people to clean up pollution by using "Kaballah water".....I cringe....and then cringe some more...
cimaruta
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Tree of Life Reply with quote

tannhaus wrote:
I don't know..when I see Madonna urging people to clean up pollution by using "Kaballah water".....I cringe....and then cringe some more...

:: rolls :: "Kaballah water?!" Shocked

That does it. Ciao, LG15 forum, I'm off to do some googling.
tannhaus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:55 am    Post subject: Re: Tree of Life Reply with quote

cimaruta wrote:
tannhaus wrote:

:: rolls :: "Kaballah water?!" Shocked

That does it. Ciao, LG15 forum, I'm off to do some googling.

http://www.kabbalahwater.com/

And ONLY $8 a bottle...

*twitch*
cymatic
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:03 am    Post subject: Re: Tree of Life Reply with quote

tannhaus wrote:
http://www.kabbalahwater.com/

And ONLY $8 a bottle...

Not as good as the page that site links to: http://www.wellnessgoods.com/messages.asp

Scroll down to see the effects of different kinds of music on water! This is the funniest thing I've seen in days. Seriously mad.
tannhaus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: Tree of Life Reply with quote

cymatic wrote:
Scroll down to see the effects of different kinds of music on water! This is the funniest thing I've seen in days. Seriously mad.

Well, I see two problems with this...and they're keyed together:

A. They've turned kabbalah into a faddish pseudo-religion...totally disregarding the true kabbalah.

B. This thing about the water reminds me too much of the hindus. I spent 2 years around the hare krishnas. One thing you find out is they believe just about every river in India is holy for some reason or another. Well, when the plants started being built there, they were like "Oh yeah...dump all your chemicals into the water. This is a holy river. It can't be polluted."

Of course, now they have one of the most polluted water supplies in the world. They tested Coca-Cola (because coke uses regional water at its bottling plants) and found over 20 pesticides and contaminants in it. They've pretty much destroyed their water.

And this...it's more of the same.
gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject: kaballah coke! Reply with quote

Well I, for one, can't wait for Kabbalah Coca-Cola to hit the market. Actually because I am so health-conscious and hip, I will be waiting for new caffeine free Kabbalah Diet Coke -all the coolness of Kabbalah with only one calorie! "It's offensive, yet delicious!"

(Sorry. I'm not making fun. I just couldn't resist.)

I'll just keep moving right along... Rolling Eyes ...here I go...
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lmao!
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, tannhaus. Religion in general is fascinating, and I learned something new today via your explanation.

'mute

'vote 'mute in '16!
tannhaus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wintermute wrote:
Thanks, tannhaus. Religion in general is fascinating, and I learned something new today via your explanation.

I'm glad...thanks.

This was just the very very basics though. There is actually a HUGE body of knowledge on the Qabalah. I've personally got no less than five books on the subject...and I only know the basics.
sororyzbl
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
Yes, the Jewish just don't see Jesus as the Messiah.

There's still a Messiah in most Hebrew sects. Just hasn't come yet.

I, myself, think it's Madonna. Maybe it's Steven Speilberg, but I think that perhaps that's because he acts like he's Jesus.
MCH/TA,X ++ CO1,PEG/SG,W+,N++, Dd+, Dr+, A, a+, C++, G++, QH+++,666+++, Y+++
------END MAGIC CODE BLOCK------
JerseyJohnny
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tannhaus,

Thanks for your earlier posts in this thread which gave me, an outsider to the religion, a good understanding of some of the concepts and ideas in the religion. I found it to be very informative and enjoyed learning what I was able to glean from it.

Thanks again,
~ JJ
tannhaus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseyJohnny wrote:
Thanks for your earlier posts in this thread which gave me, an outsider to the religion, a good understanding of some of the concepts and ideas in the religion. I found it to be very informative and enjoyed learning what I was able to glean from it.

Thanks..but again, this isn't even the full basics. It doesn't even come close. It was more meant to give a brief explanation of "What is the Tree of Life?" more than it was to actually get into the Qabalah...which is a HUGE subject that this forum couldn't even begin to contain.

So...if you found this interesting, I'd recommend snagging a book on the subject that will explain things a lot better than I did. My explanation is almost embarassing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Her Religion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: