Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It's official!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sororyzbl
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject: It's official!!! Reply with quote

Not Thelema...

None of the zodiac thingie she talked about is even remotely Thelemic. 12 signs, just like in town.

Then again, there are 3 decans per sign... hmmm...
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sticking to the theory of it being a fictional religion with bits picked out of others.
tannhaus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: It's official!!! Reply with quote

sororyzbl wrote:
Not Thelema...

None of the zodiac thingie she talked about is even remotely Thelemic. 12 signs, just like in town.

Yeah..not much of what she says is thelemic...but they still have the unicursal hexagram, crowley pic, and spell out thelema in greek on the front page....

I think the creators have an identity crisis Razz
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be they've just been playing with us all this time, and thelema is a red herring. Or the end religion has elements of thelema incorporated...
asenath
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broken Kid wrote:
Could be they've just been playing with us all this time, and thelema is a red herring.

That's what I'm thinking. Someone awhile ago on here made a good point -- Lonelygirl15.com is supposed to be a "fan site" (just like LG15 is supposed to be a real 15 year-old gir's blog) so it's possible they've just kept up with that, with the Thelema stuff on the site that is.
Keevy06
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
I'm sticking to the theory of it being a fictional religion with bits picked out of others.

Agreed! I think it's some fake religion they made up so they don't insult any one single religion. Think about it, if they choose a religion that exists already and portray it incorrectly (which is almost inevitable) then they will be insulting everyone who shares those beliefs and receiving tons of hate mail etc etc. They probably took bits and pieces from existing religions in order to have the whole reality thing. It seems like they choose the most controversial and interesting religions out there and stole from that. Crowley = a sense of evil (not saying he was an evil man, that is just the way a lot of society portrays him, and because of that he tends to give off the creepy vibe)... Zodiac of Denderah, the egyptian theme, egyptian religion is really interesting and shrouded in a lot of mystery and 'magic'. I think in the end her religion may be some weird spin off of Thelema, but it won't be thelema... I honestly don't think they will mention thelema unless to state that her religion isn't Thelema.

but that's just my 2 cents
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because all the details we have do not perfectly line up with some people's definition or idea of Thelema or anything else, does not mean that she doesn't consider herself a Thelemite. I don't think that her exact religion is neccessarily important anyway. However, there is the matter of the greek word at the bottom of this site..which is official. I would say that's a confirmation that Thelema is at least involved. And like I said, she may consider herself a Thelemite and she may be way off base. I don't think it's the creators' responsibility to portray Thelema in a positive light neccessarily. Are Muslims, Catholics, Christians, Jews..or anyone else always portrayed in an acurate and positive manner..especially in the realm or entertainment?? I don't think so. Why would this be any different? That may be "wrong", unkind or frustrating to people, but it happens all the time. This is the real world and it's a big, bad, mean place sometimes. Get over it. All the bitching is seriously tired.
Sfonzarelli
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is ancient Egyptian mysticism not Thelemic? Rolling Eyes

-.-. ..-. ..- -.- / ..- -.-- ---
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sfonzarelli wrote:

yeah...word. (by the way)
Sfonzarelli
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's like saying "BREE ISN'T CHRISTIAN BECAUSE SHE MENTIONED THE OLD TESTAMENT!"

-.-. ..-. ..- -.- / ..- -.-- ---
sororyzbl
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sfonzarelli wrote:

I know a ton of pagans who have an egyptian pantheon who'd rather poop down crowley's throat than look at him.
MCH/TA,X ++ CO1,PEG/SG,W+,N++, Dd+, Dr+, A, a+, C++, G++, QH+++,666+++, Y+++
------END MAGIC CODE BLOCK------
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sororyzbl wrote:
Sfonzarelli wrote:

I know a ton of pagans who have an egyptian pantheon who'd rather poop down crowley's throat than look at him.

That don't mean sh... poop. I think Sfonz means that there are clear Egyptian elements involved in Thelema.
Keevy06
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!!!! I was NOT bitching. I was simply stating my opinion.. hense the 'but that's just my 2 cents' at the end. Just because I don't agree with you that she's thelemic doesn't mean I'm 'bitching' or warrent that kind of a reaction hahahaha.. holy Sh*t Overreaction maybe? I guess I'll keep my opinions to myself then..

Last edited by Keevy06 on Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
tannhaus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keevy06 wrote:
WOW!!!! I was NOT bitching. I was simply stating my opinion.. hense the 'but that's just my 2 cents' at the end. Just because I don't agree with your opinion that she's thelemic doesn't mean I'm bitching or warrent that kind of a reaction hahahaha.. holy Sh*t

I agree...it's sorta counterproductive for spaciegirl to come in here being hostile while protesting the hostility and such on the forum....at a time when most of that has died down. It's just restarting the hostilities
Keevy06
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tannhaus wrote:
Keevy06 wrote:
WOW!!!! I was NOT bitching. I was simply stating my opinion.. hense the 'but that's just my 2 cents' at the end. Just because I don't agree with your opinion that she's thelemic doesn't mean I'm bitching or warrent that kind of a reaction hahahaha.. holy Sh*t

I agree...it's sorta counterproductive for spaciegirl to come in here being hostile while protesting the hostility and such on the forum....at a time when most of that has died down. It's just restarting the hostilities

Isn't this supposed to be a 'game'.. you know ... game = fun? Lighten up people, geesh. I wasn't attacking anyone's beliefs, I wasn't insulting anyone there is no need for hostility. If I hurt your feelings I'll apologize but save the anger for the bedroom it's more useful there... Thanks Tannhaus
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Her Religion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: