Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Could the ceremony be a Mormon Temple Wedding?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JerseyJohnny
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject: Could the ceremony be a Mormon Temple Wedding? Reply with quote

I have heard that the Mormon Temple weddings are a closed event to anyone who does not have a pass to get in the Mormon temple, and that includes PARENTS of either the bride or the groom! So maybe Bree is a Temple-Mormon who is getting married in the Temple?

As for the 'occult' items in the videos, etc. that is also in line with the Mormon religion, which is a hermetic religion that has a "Christian" veneer. If you look at their beliefs (such as the council of 70 gods, man progressing to become gods, etc.) they hold hermetic and occult principles in high regard and incorporate them into their beliefs and doctrines.

All one has to do is look at the Salt Lake City Mormon Temple, which is covered with all sorts of symbols traditionally associated with all hermetic and occult religions: Sun, moon, and stars; pentagrams; inverted pentagrams; beehives; handclasp/handshakes; moonstones; keystones; sunstones, etc. etc....

Also, the Mormon Temple ceremonies are Masonic in Origin, and Tannhaus has already indicated to us that there are similarities between Thelema (which we all thought was her religion) and Freemasonry.

I have a feeling they're going to surprise us with the Mormon Temple ceremony on this one, it's an easy "out" for them, they don't care since they already have captivated our attention from the beginning. My theory is she's going to marry an older Mormon man through an arranged marriage.
jrea54
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

definitely not.
my best friend is mormon. this couldn't possibly be a temple wedding. and besides, thats only a really small fraction of the wedding ceremony, called a sealing. other than that, mormon weddings aren't closed to those who "aren't worthy"
gigi_victory
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow...your beliefs of what the mormon church practices are, in a word, INSANE. Your extreme ignorance did cause me to laugh, however. So, thanks.
thinkitthrough
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the sealing exactly, I was just curious or are you not allowed to talk about it?
JerseyJohnny
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thinkitthrough wrote:
What is the sealing exactly, I was just curious or are you not allowed to talk about it?

The mormon "sealing" ceremony is a mormon marriage "for eternity". The mormons believe that you can be "sealed" to a person so that you belong to that person for eternity and live eternity with them.

Some mormons will flip-flop on what a "sealing" actually is, usually when they want to deny that Joseph Smith, their founder, was married to many wives in polygamous marriage. They will say instead that he was only "sealed" to them; however, history does reveal that he was indeed "married" to them.

Also, there are never any "sealing" ceremonies performed between people who are not marrying, with the exception of sealing dead people to living people for the purpose of their being together in the afterlife.

Hope that explains it a little better!
JerseyJohnny
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gigi_victory wrote:
wow...your beliefs of what the mormon church practices are, in a word, INSANE. Your extreme ignorance did cause me to laugh, however. So, thanks.

No need to be rude and name-call. I did not do that to you or anyone else, I'd appreciate you don't do it to me.

If I am ignorant about the issue, please point out how I am rather than simply making the statement. To be honest, I think you just wanted to name-call, probably because you're a mormon and somehow got offended by what I said (although I don't see how what I said is offensive at all to mormons).

Anyway, if I'm wrong about anything you could be nice about it and correct me, politely and nicely, instead of just calling me "insane" and "ignorant" and laughing at me and then running off. For that matter, I'll presume that you're wrong and I'm right until you can show me otherwise, and name-calling doesn't show me anything other than that you're mean-spirited.
swimnchick
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I will take the time to set you straight on some things concerning The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (aka Mormons).

First, the Temple ceremony is open to all worthy members (meaning people who are living their lives according to what Christ taught e.g. chaste, honest, etc.). If the parents are baptised, they may still be excellent people, but Christ was baptized and so all of the requirements have not been fulfilled. It is not meant to punish, though some who are hurt may claim it is.

As for the "occult" factor, this is just your confusion (sorry, no name calling, just stating a common misconception that is wrong that you also seem to have). Technically, any religion that believes anything supernatural falls in under this category. I know that many good Christian religions (if not all, though I don't know everything about every Christian religion, sadly) believe in things like miracles, heavenly visitations, and basic guidance from a higher power which Christians have termed "God" or "Father." The Mormon church, likewise, believes in supernatural powers from the source of God in Heaven. The most important belief is by far that the Savior truly did live and that He truly did die for the sins of the world because of His great love and that He did rise again and lives today. Mormons firmly believe in the Atonement and the Resurrection of the Savior, Jesus Christ, which, by dictionary definitions, makes them Christians and not just hiding behind a "Christian veneer."

As for the symbolism of the signs on the Salt Lake Temple, there is meaning behind those things, such as what Paul wrote in 1 Corinthians where he wrote of worlds having the glory of the sun, moon, and stars. Much of the meaning of the symbolism can be found by reading the Bible and researching Judaism at the time of Christ and also looking into the history of early Christianity (e.g. many Greek Orthodox churches, especially the very old ones) have similar symbolism.

One last thing - LDS (Mormon) marriages are not arranged and really never have been. God gave His children agency to live as they desire and gave them commandments to give them guidance on His paths. The Mormon church may give guidance on things to look for in a marriage partner (and yes, sometimes there may have been suggestions in the past), but the principle of agency is vitally important in the belief system of Mormons and no one would be forced into an arranged marriage because that is so against the idea of agency.

So while you have an interesting theory, I'm afraid that it would take too much of a stretch to end in a real Mormon Temple wedding. And I truly do hope that you are not offended by this, because that is certainly not my intent. I just feel that the world will be a much better place when we take the time to truly understand the religions around us and not judge them as bad. Christ said that "by their fruits ye shall know them." (Matthew 6:20) and we should look at the goal of the religion to determine its value, meaning, does it teach the people to be better people or worse. Since I feel that nearly every religion does, at least to some extent, teach its followers to try to be better people and make the world a better place, I think that all religions should be treated with respect and not looked on with disdain or judgmentally.
jrea54
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swimnchick-
very, very well said.
my friend is so sick of having to defend her "cultish" religion. while im not mormon, and don't believe/understand everything she believes in, i respect her personal beliefs and there's pretty much no discussion past that.

actually, thats not true. i did ask her why she's not allowed to have caffeine Smile
lonelygirl
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

people, stop taking JerseyJohnny seriously. If you look at his other posts, he's just trying to be annoying.
JerseyJohnny
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swimnchick wrote:

I think I will take the time to set you straight on some things concerning The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (aka Mormons).

I think I'll be the one to set YOU straight on some things concerning the Mormons.

swimnchick wrote:

First, the Temple ceremony is open to all worthy members (meaning people who are living their lives according to what Christ taught e.g. chaste, honest, etc.). If the parents are baptised, they may still be excellent people, but Christ was baptized and so all of the requirements have not been fulfilled. It is not meant to punish, though some who are hurt may claim it is.

It's exclusivity and it knows no limits, and they will prevent the parents from attending if the parents are judged to be "unworthy" by the Mormon Church. There are many people who have not been able to have their whole family attend a complete mormon wedding because of this. And this, coming from a religion which supposedly values "family". Ha, what a joke.

swimnchick wrote:

As for the "occult" factor, this is just your confusion (sorry, no name calling, just stating a common misconception that is wrong that you also seem to have). Technically, any religion that believes anything supernatural falls in under this category. I know that many good Christian religions (if not all, though I don't know everything about every Christian religion, sadly) believe in things like miracles, heavenly visitations, and basic guidance from a higher power which Christians have termed "God" or "Father." The Mormon church, likewise, believes in supernatural powers from the source of God in Heaven. The most important belief is by far that the Savior truly did live and that He truly did die for the sins of the world because of His great love and that He did rise again and lives today. Mormons firmly believe in the Atonement and the Resurrection of the Savior, Jesus Christ, which, by dictionary definitions, makes them Christians and not just hiding behind a "Christian veneer."

First of all, you didn't address the "occult" issue. "Occult" is not the same as "supernatural", although you attempt to equate the two. Anyone who has religious belief believes in the supernatural. "Occult", on the other hand, is a belief that one can discover and attain the hidden knowledge regarding the supernatural. "Gnosis" is another term used for this. The hermetic religions, such as Thelema, believe that one can attain knowledge which can supplant most or all "faith" a person might need in the supernatural. That is what occultism is. The Mormon church is an occult religion. They provide "revelation" of the hidden, they use the same symbolism of the general occult.

Furthermore, they do not really believe in "Jesus Christ", because they define him differently from the Jesus Christ of Christianity. It is a different "Jesus Christ" that they have. Their Jesus Christ is the brother of Lucifer, and he was a polygamist with many wives and children of his own. Their Jesus Christ does not provide complete salvation, but only provides a small degree of salvation, so that mormons must work for most of their salvation. Their Jesus Christ is one god of many, many gods, as opposed to the Christians' Jesus Christ who is the One True God. Their Jesus Christ is separate from their "heavenly father", whereas the Christians' Jesus Christ is not.

I could start calling a hockey puck a "tennis ball" and call a hocky stick a "tennis racket", and then insist that every time I'm playing hockey I'm actually playing a game called "Tennis" since I'm using a "tennis ball" and "tennis racket" to play the game. Of course, just because I redefined things to make them fit what I wanted them to be, that doesn't change the fact that I'm using a hockey stick and hockey puck and playing hockey and just changing the names around. That's what the Mormon Church does. It redefines "Jesus Christ" and then uses their false "Jesus Christ" as a basis to call themselves "Christians", which they are not.

In Mormonism, there is not ONE god, there are three: Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and Holy Spirit. They are not ONE Triune God as they are in all the rest of Christianity, but they are THREE separate gods. So, mormons are not Monotheists as Christians are, but they are polytheists. The highest god in their pantheon is "Heavenly Father", NOT Jesus Christ. So again, they are not followers of Christ, they are followers of Heavenly Father, and secondarily they follow their own made-up Christ.

swimnchick wrote:

As for the symbolism of the signs on the Salt Lake Temple, there is meaning behind those things, such as what Paul wrote in 1 Corinthians where he wrote of worlds having the glory of the sun, moon, and stars. Much of the meaning of the symbolism can be found by reading the Bible and researching Judaism at the time of Christ and also looking into the history of early Christianity (e.g. many Greek Orthodox churches, especially the very old ones) have similar symbolism.

Interesting, I'm Orthodox and I have yet to see inverted pentagrams on any Orthodox Church. Can you give me an example? (I'm sure you can't.) The symbols on the Salt Lake City temple are easily found in other occult and hermetic religions, particularly in freemasonry and witchcraft religions. Why must Mormons always lie to try to justify their occult symbols???

And interestingly, the one symbol there is of Christianity, the cross, is nowhere to be found on the Salt Lake Temple or any other temple, or any other church/meeting house of the mormons. Go figure...and they still want to be considered "Christians".

swimnchick wrote:

One last thing - LDS (Mormon) marriages are not arranged and really never have been. God gave His children agency to live as they desire and gave them commandments to give them guidance on His paths. The Mormon church may give guidance on things to look for in a marriage partner (and yes, sometimes there may have been suggestions in the past), but the principle of agency is vitally important in the belief system of Mormons and no one would be forced into an arranged marriage because that is so against the idea of agency.

Tell that to the teen child brides of Joseph Smith, Brigham "Bring'em" Young or Warren Jeffs. They arranged marriages with multiple women and many of them young teens.

swimnchick wrote:

So while you have an interesting theory, I'm afraid that it would take too much of a stretch to end in a real Mormon Temple wedding. And I truly do hope that you are not offended by this, because that is certainly not my intent. I just feel that the world will be a much better place when we take the time to truly understand the religions around us and not judge them as bad. Christ said that "by their fruits ye shall know them." (Matthew 6:20) and we should look at the goal of the religion to determine its value, meaning, does it teach the people to be better people or worse. Since I feel that nearly every religion does, at least to some extent, teach its followers to try to be better people and make the world a better place, I think that all religions should be treated with respect and not looked on with disdain or judgmentally.

When a religion is deceitful and misleading as the Mormon Church is, it's time to stop respecting that religion, so that's the point I'm at with them. Sorry if that rubs you the wrong way. You really ought to start examining things with a more open mind regarding your Mormon religion.
psych0rabbit
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sigh* She's not LDS. Said it before, I'll say it again.

And I really hope this doesn't turn into an LDS bashing thread. *pointed look*
sororyzbl
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

psych0rabbit wrote:

If JJ's involved, he will bash the religion. See Johnny Bash. Bash Johnny, Bash.
MCH/TA,X ++ CO1,PEG/SG,W+,N++, Dd+, Dr+, A, a+, C++, G++, QH+++,666+++, Y+++
------END MAGIC CODE BLOCK------
JerseyJohnny
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psych0rabbit wrote:

Who the hell are you to talk for someone else? Why don't you mind your own damn business?

She is Mormon, anyway.
JerseyJohnny
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sororyzbl wrote:
psych0rabbit wrote:

If JJ's involved, he will bash the religion. See Johnny Bash. Bash Johnny, Bash.

That's a laugh, coming from the queen of all religion-bashers!!! Laughing Laughing
prudence
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're pretty sassy johnny lol Razz
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: