Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How would you describe OpAphid?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
covedweller

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: How would you describe OpAphid? Reply with quote

I just saw this got its own section. Alas, no description!

I think those of us who have been following this would love for some others to join us in solving these puzzles and the mystery.

Anyone got any good ideas for a sentence or two the mods can tag onto the main forum page?

Also: is CiW fanfic most accurate? There was that Bree themed video, plus the comments are on lots of Daniel and Bree posts, plus more.

Personally I think it's clever that OpAphid responds to anyone publicly who talks smack!

I only wish Bree, Daniel, and Cassie would do the same. Laughing
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thrilled to see we have a new playground! Alas I'm not too helpful since all I can think up keeps going back to my original deforestation snark.

I like how chatty this PM is too. They've taken AR and run with it. Anyone who has set up a fake blog is fair game to be part of the same world instead of the bubbles we normally get.
covedweller

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigerlilylynn wrote:
I'm thrilled to see we have a new playground! Alas I'm not too helpful since all I can think up keeps going back to my original deforestation snark.

I like how chatty this PM is too. They've taken AR and run with it. Anyone who has set up a fake blog is fair game to be part of the same world instead of the bubbles we normally get.

I hope that the people who take swipes realize that they are fair game!

Wonder how long until we get a whiner who strikes first and is stung by the retaliation? Laughing
ihavenopantson
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an idea for a tag

OpAphid : Just Another Leech Looking For Attention
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ihavenopantson: The local misanthropic malcontent

Seriously man, just because we aren't all still caught up in the past glory of the Cassie game (someone looking for attention gathered by LG15) doesn't mean we can't try our ARG hands at other games. Who cares what the circumstances of the game creation are? If the OpAphid PMs can get a more coherant game running, more power to them. If Hodabes can be more entertaining w00t to that. Same goes for the HSA game. Which, by the way, is the most reasonable target for your organizational ire as it's not properly lumped with the rest of the spin off games. So either go yell at TWJ for not properly catagorizing the game he's playing or just chill the hell out.
twjaniak
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigerlilylynn wrote:
So either go yell at TWJ for not properly catagorizing the game he's playing or just chill the hell out.

Actually, HSA is exactly where it belongs... It is an LG15 spinoff, not a CiW one, like OpAphid and EGaS.
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

twjaniak wrote:
tigerlilylynn wrote:
So either go yell at TWJ for not properly catagorizing the game he's playing or just chill the hell out.

Actually, HSA is exactly where it belongs... It is an LG15 spinoff, not a CiW one, like OpAphid and EGaS.

Shhh you're ruining the snarkitude.

I know it fits the old layout which semi stands but last night it sounded as if there was talk of lumping the games together regardless of Cassieness since they all are spinoffs of LG15 in their way (OpAphid in particular since I think we first saw them on Bree and Daniel's blogs).
ihavenopantson
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt say no one can follow these things, Im just making the point that they are just leeching off something else.

atleast CiW went its own way, these others just look to be poorly imitating CiW with everything they do
ihavenopantson
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyway I have another tag suggestion

OpAphid : How many leeches could leech off a leech while that leech leech's off Lonelygirl ?

partial credit goes to the 'how many moderators could moderate' guy
covedweller

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ihavenopantson wrote:
anyway I have another tag suggestion

OpAphid : How many leeches could leech off a leech while that leech leech's off Lonelygirl ?

partial credit goes to the 'how many moderators could moderate' guy

I'm sorry, but have you watched the OpAphid videos?

They look better than anything related to CiW, LG, or half the crap on YouTube for that matter.

So far, aside from some LG and Cassie crossover in story elements, I haven't seen anything really imitating. It's telling a part of the story that hasn't been told yet, much like CiW did for LG15.

If you look at the YouTube plays, subscriptions, etc. it's the only other fanfic to even come close to pulling CiW #s.

So if you don't care about this, go stick to your precious forum devoted to the C word. Laughing
kristy2520
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's interesting how people can attack someone for saying what they think about opaphid in a thread asking just that. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion and not everyone thinks it's this great creative thing. I don't see how they look better than other videos when the exact same images are used over and over...maybe better quality but they don't hold my interest like others have.
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kristy2520 wrote:
It's interesting how people can attack someone for saying what they think about opaphid in a thread asking just that. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion and not everyone thinks it's this great creative thing. I don't see how they look better than other videos when the exact same images are used over and over...maybe better quality but they don't hold my interest like others have.

But it's understood to be a fan thread. No one would accept an answer of "OMG FaXX0r Die you rotten skank!" or anyother hateful nonsense on a thread asking for what you think of LG15.

Additionally, this guy has a special list of people he hates and must harass at every turn. I'm not inclined to greet him with a smile and forgive a spiky attitude.

As a side note; I'm also entitled to share my opinion on his opinion just like you can share you opinion of my opinion. w00t free speach.
ihavenopantson
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some more tag suggestions

OpAphid : more of a leech, than 'covedweller' is naive

OpAhipd : our market research suggested the Cassie imitation market wasn't quite flooded yet, so here we are

OpAhipd : I said 'Cassie' and 'Frank', and made some vague comments, so look at me please

OpAphid : before joining in our ARG, please go and watch EGS first, it will make you appreciate our efforts
covedweller

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. Trolls aside, does anyone have any new decent ideas for a forum description?

I think the current one that has been given is kinda inaccurate.

Doesn't this all seem bigger in scope and reference than just Cassie Is Watching?

I think it ties in LG15 just as much.

If we come up with a good forum one sentence description, will they even change it? (the moderators seem to be ignoring our little section, even though we've overtaken HSA and EGS easily in activity). Laughing
Emmera
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ihavenopantson wrote:
some more tag suggestions

You're funny, but not constructive.

Sadly, I don't have any better ideas myself. Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: