Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why religious tolerance matters ...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cimaruta
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Why religious tolerance matters ... Reply with quote

I know we have a new video to watch, but for once, I don't care.

My almost-3-year-old son and I were out getting the mail today and a neighbor's friend intentionally ran over my little boy's kitten.

Ran her down in the road.

Right in front of my child.

They drove off screaming slurs, and yes, I've called the police.

This is why the Thelemites don't want their religion misrepresented. We of non-traditional religions suffer enough. This is why we fear ANY more fuel being added to the fire.

EDIT: WE rushed her to the vet. I put her in a sturdy paper Gap bag, but by the time we'd reached the animal hospital, she'd lost bladder function. The bag ripped when I tried to pick it up.

RIP Cricket
Flautapantera

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Why religious tolerance matters ... Reply with quote

cimaruta wrote:
I know we have a new video to watch, but for once, I don't care.

My almost-3-year-old son and I were out getting the mail today and a neighbor's friend intentionally ran over my little boy's kitten.

Ran her down in the road.

Right in front of my child.

They drove off screaming slurs, and yes, I've called the police.

This is why the Thelemites don't want their religion misrepresented. We of non-traditional religions suffer enough. This is why we fear ANY more fuel being added to the fire.

EDIT: WE rushed her to the vet. I put her in a sturdy paper Gap bag, but by the time we'd reached the animal hospital, she'd lost bladder function. The bag ripped when I tried to pick it up.

RIP Cricket

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad That's terrible...I really don't know what to say.

You'd wish people had more decency to respect others' decisions and beliefs. Every person, whether we agree with their morals and culture or not, deserves to be treated like a human being.

I'm very sorry for your loss and I know that nothing I say can bring her back. More than this, I'm sorry for the person who hit Cricket. It is they who will never learn the consequences of their actions. Unless you believe in karma. Which, I often wish, holds true in various situations.

Again, I'm so so sorry. Sad

You know that moment where you just want to grab a pair of scissors and run away with them?
cimaruta
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Why religious tolerance matters ... Reply with quote

Flautapantera wrote:
More than this, I'm sorry for the person who hit Cricket.

So am I. It's easy to be angry at them, but we'll become stronger from this. The people who killed a little kitten, though, they have a much longer road to walk towards peace.

We miss Cricket, but we know we can rescue/rehab another lonely cat. These people ... well I can't say the same for them.

We can still do good for our community ... even if it IS something small.

We're here. We're working for the better of our community. We're not going away.
cimaruta
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

btw, Flautapantera, on the way back home from the animal hospital, I stopped by our favorite gas station. The Eastern Indian couple there gave us free drinks and let us decompress there. They gave my little boy a model car and his favorite chips and soda.

They understood. They nurtured us.

We are in a community of 6,000 in the Bible Belt. It's not always easy being different. Sad
Penny
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is probably one of the worst things I have heard this week. I am sorry for you and your family.
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so sorry. That's all I can say. I'm at a loss, I just wish I could make everything better.
turkeyfeather
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so sorry.

cimaruta
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ziola wrote:
I am so sorry. That's all I can say. I'm at a loss, I just wish I could make everything better.

We'll make it. Hopefully we will teach people the meaning of love.

Until then, we'll keep on going.

We're searching adoption ads right now ... for a kitty that doesn't have a chance without us.

Thanks for all your well wishes. Adopt an underdog (or underkitty) today Smile
cimaruta
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, and yeah, we still miss cricket.

we miss her like Hel.
cimaruta
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turkeyfeather wrote:
I am so sorry.

When Foamy's minions offer condolences, I have hope for this world:)
asenath
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's just gross. Some people just can't see past their own bigoted, superimposed views of the world. I'm so sorry for your loss.
cimaruta
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the police came and made a report. they apologized for being so useless, but i told them that I understood the we cant demand a CSI episode over a dead cat.

Hubby is home and we feel safe now. We still miss our little kitten.

Geez I miss my Cricket. ....
turkeyfeather
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cimaruta wrote:
turkeyfeather wrote:
I am so sorry.

When Foamy's minions offer condolences, I have hope for this world:)

Hehe, I really just like the quote, that's how I fell about Cassie right now Wink

On a serious note, what state do you live in? I know a lot of cats that need good homes! Once again, I am sorry for the loss of a member of your family. That what pets really are. And I am sorry for the hatered you and yours had to face. You are in my thoughts. Smile

generalization
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my goodness!! My jaw dropped open when I read that. But then, I'm the girl who will stop to let some squirrels cross in front of my car and if they dart in front of me I will slam on my breaks and who cares if any other passengers get a slight case of whiplash. Those animals were helpless in comparison with my car.

to have someone CHASE HER DOWN is just... sick. Ugh.

Good luck with a new kitten. I want to rescue more, but I am just focusing on the kitty I got a year ago from a shelter.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
silvermoon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This story made me cry. As a Wiccan family who just adopted a kitten who's stray mother was killed by a raccoon, this is something that could happen to us. Crying or Very sad

I am so sorry for your loss, so sorry that your small son has to learn at such a tender age that people can be so cruel.

It's amazing in this day and age that people can still be so ignorant and biased against people of different, peaceful faiths. Save the hatred for the extremists that blow things up and leave the people who are trying to bring a little joy to the world alone.

Again, so sorry for your loss.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: