Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why religious tolerance matters ...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cimaruta
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for your thoughts, everyone.

My child is unscathed ... he said this morning that "Mama took Cricket see her Mama."

In a way, it's true. Cricket's mama was accidentally run over.

Of course, I'm a little more injured. But I'm older and stronger that my little man.

Looks like we'll be okay, but we still want Cricket back.
cimaruta
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turkeyfeather wrote:
On a serious note, what state do you live in? I know a lot of cats that need good homes!

Florida. And yeah, I know a lot who need homes, too. The local animal shelter gets tens of cats a day, and they only get 3 days before being put down.

That's where we're going, most likely. We've rescued and rehabed 8 cats, and they have homes now. We have 3 cats left that we decided to keep.

We want a kitten, but since EVERYONE wants a kitten, we might just get an older cat.

Decisions, Decisions ...
cimaruta
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silvermoon wrote:
This story made me cry. As a Wiccan family who just adopted a kitten who's stray mother was killed by a raccoon, this is something that could happen to us. Crying or Very sad

Don't live in fear. (The police told me that last night, good advice, huh?)

I've been pagan or pagan-ish for nearly ten years, and this is the first traumatic act of hate I've experienced. And that includes the years that my husband was outspoken online about being a Satanist.

And the hate crime required a mundane catalyst, anyway.

So I guess the moral is, if your neighbor knows you aren't Christian ... don't piss them off by refusing to be a doormat. Rolling Eyes
silvermoon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty lucky as far as neighbors go...they accept me, religion and all. My daughter actually "outed" me in school in kindergarten when she told the teacher her mom was a witch, lol.

I'm very out and proud to teach others about my religious choice, and have as yet **knock wood** not had any bad experiences. But it does hover in the back of my mind that at some point, chances are that someone is going to take offense at my choices. You are completely right, you can't live in fear.

It's only goes to show how strong you are that you won't let this event get to you so much that you won't go and find yourself another kitty to save. The world needs more people like you, and less like the ignorant fool who would run over a child's pet.
cimaruta
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silvermoon wrote:
I'm pretty lucky as far as neighbors go...they accept me, religion and all. My daughter actually "outed" me in school in kindergarten when she told the teacher her mom was a witch, lol.

oh geez, thank the gods that the hubby isn't a Satanist anymore! Imagine THAT getting out in my son's Christian pre-school Shocked

Quote:
I'm very out and proud to teach others about my religious choice, and have as yet **knock wood** not had any bad experiences. But it does hover in the back of my mind that at some point, chances are that someone is going to take offense at my choices. You are completely right, you can't live in fear.

There's no point to living in fear. I live a life of love and peace. Fear just doesn't fit in. We experience other people's acts of hate, we cope, and we move on. I refuse to allow others' sorry attitudes to taint my life.

Quote:
It's only goes to show how strong you are that you won't let this event get to you so much that you won't go and find yourself another kitty to save. The world needs more people like you, and less like the ignorant fool who would run over a child's pet.

Thank you for the compliment. And Hell no, we won't "let the bastards get us down." I feel for the people who killed Cricket, because they obviously don't know love. We do. So we'll be okay.

Thank you for your kind words. You and everyone else.

Ciao, Bella.
AutoPilate
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the immortal words of Raoul Duke: "Don't take any guff from these swine."

Smile
cimaruta
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AutoPilate wrote:
In the immortal words of Raoul Duke: "Don't take any guff from these swine."

Smile

* grins *
Sfonzarelli
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of religious slurs did they yell at you?

-.-. ..-. ..- -.- / ..- -.-- ---
cimaruta
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sfonzarelli wrote:
What kind of religious slurs did they yell at you?

I'd rather not repeat such in a public forum. Thanks.

EDIT: I told the police, and that is what matters. I don't want to focus on the negative aspects of what happened last night.

We're healing, and that is our focus today.
cimaruta
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

animal control called me back...

listen up, you guys!!

only about ONE IN A THOUSAND cats get adopted. EVEN KITTENS.

We're going to claim one in an hour.

Please, if you can, make one lucky today.

Thanks.
AutoPilate
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cimaruta wrote:
We're healing, and that is our focus today.

You go, girl! *snaps fee tams*
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silvermoon wrote:
But it does hover in the back of my mind that at some point, chances are that someone is going to take offense at my choices. You are completely right, you can't live in fear.

And smile and take it, because in the back of your mind you're always remembering the law of threes? Very Happy I'm not wiccan, or any particular religion at all for that matter, but that belief is a good way to live your life, regardless of if you personally believe it to be true. Smile

'mute

'vote 'mute in '16!
silvermoon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And smile and take it, because in the back of your mind you're always remembering the law of threes? I'm not wiccan, or any particular religion at all for that matter, but that belief is a good way to live your life, regardless of if you personally believe it to be true.

I try very hard to live by the law of threes and the rede (do as ye will, but harm none). However, if someone harms me or mine...well, at the least I will try to...encourage the law of three to smack their fanny.

And like you said, no matter your beliefs, it is a good way to live your life. Wink
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cimaruta wrote:
animal control called me back...

listen up, you guys!!

only about ONE IN A THOUSAND cats get adopted. EVEN KITTENS.

We're going to claim one in an hour.

Please, if you can, make one lucky today.

Thanks.

I've made 5 of them quite lucky...all rescues. Of course, one gave me a litter of 6 babies...
sunbean
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm a little late, but I wanted to add my condolences. This story makes me really sad and angry; I just cannot believe the slime who feel so righteous and entitled that they could commit a crime like that. And animal cruelty! How disgusting, it literally turns my stomach. Unbelievable.

Good luck with your new family member (and please keep him or her out of the evil neighbor's reach)! Older kitties are wonderful companions...we adopted a starving stray we found abandoned in our complex's parking lot, and another from the HS..they are 8ish and 12, both wonderful, loving, and the joys of our life!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: