Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why religious tolerance matters ...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
actorderick
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have the nieghbors said anything?

was it an adult that did this terrible thing, or a teenager?

If it was a teenager who lives with his parents, I would tell the parents what happened.

Did the police do anything? They are rarely any help.
cimaruta
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actorderick wrote:
have the nieghbors said anything?

was it an adult that did this terrible thing, or a teenager?

If it was a teenager who lives with his parents, I would tell the parents what happened.

Did the police do anything? They are rarely any help.

Not much the police could do. Yeah, it was an adult.

I adopted two kittens yesterday, and we just got back home with them this morning. They are very cute Smile
CriticalThinking
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh my gosh! I can't believe that! I am so sorry! I'd like to add my condolences. I can't believe someone would do that. Disgusting.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
cimaruta
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE:

We adopted two kittens, which we named Foamy and Germaine.

Today I called the shelter regarding the two litter members left behind(hours before thescheduled euthanasia) and the shelter is going to let us have them - sans adoption fee -- to foster!!!

The two extras are already on a waiting list for a spot in a no-kill shelter just in case we can't find homes for them ourselves.

There's not much else we can do, but Cricket has saved four lives.

Not bad, huh?
Alkene
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh you kitty died when thousands of people die every day becasue of religious intolerance. THATS the terrible thing
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg Shocked that is shit, i would slice any1 into pieces if they even drew a tiny bit of blood from my dog

My lawyers told me to edit the content of this signature so i didn't get sued

Me and Oobles are 'TWAT's - 'The Worldwide Association of Threadjacking' Smile
Way2Curious
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to hear about your kitten. I had problems with my neighbors (and their strong dislike for pets) in the past. I don't know the laws in your state, however, even if the cops can't be of any help there are still things that you may be able to do.
You could try contacting animal control, the humane society (or whatever it is called in your state), or the local courts. If all else fails there are animal rights groups out there that might be able to help you find out what options you have.
In situations like these it is sometimes easier to just move forward, and I can certainly understand if that is what you decide to do. However, I also tend to think that if someone gets away with something once that they may do it again.
cimaruta
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alkene wrote:
Oh you kitty died when thousands of people die every day becasue of religious intolerance. THATS the terrible thing

i'm very grateful it wasnt my child who was run down in the street, yes.

thank you for your sympathetic response.

Last edited by cimaruta on Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
cimaruta
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way2Curious wrote:
I'm sorry to hear about your kitten. I had problems with my neighbors (and their strong dislike for pets) in the past. I don't know the laws in your state, however, even if the cops can't be of any help there are still things that you may be able to do.
You could try contacting animal control, the humane society (or whatever it is called in your state), or the local courts. If all else fails there are animal rights groups out there that might be able to help you find out what options you have.
In situations like these it is sometimes easier to just move forward, and I can certainly understand if that is what you decide to do. However, I also tend to think that if someone gets away with something once that they may do it again.

thank you for your concern for our fellow creatures.

however, this was a crime against people, and something that I am grateful that did not involve a human.

I adopted two cats on friday, and we got a "stay of execution" for their two siblings today.

we are fostering the other two kittens, not out of a need to avenge Cricket, but as a way to express what we believe in.

It's only four lives saved, but it's the most we can do. I feel good about that.
twjaniak
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cimaruta wrote:

There's not much else we can do, but Cricket has saved four lives.

Not bad, huh?

I think that it is very important that you keep that in mind. Had this horrible event never happened, four kittens very likely would have been euthanized. As a wicca, you should appreciate that special ballance: 4 - 1 = 3.

Celebrate your new furry friends.
goblynn
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First things first, I'm laying this out on the table: I'm an Independent, Fundamentalist Baptist. I believe in God, Jesus Christ, the Holy Trinity, etc. I believe a great many things that I'm certain most folks would disagree with...but I've also learned a lot about what Christian behavior is supposed to be, rather than how most "Christians" act. I'm no great person, and I do a lot of wrong (and I do judge, shame on me)...but one thing I believe is that no religion, or faith, or creed has a right to do harm to a person for being different. If my faith "witnesses" and tries to lead to conversion, but is rebuffed, we are to go on our way. Striking out at someone for declining to change is not "right."

I'm sorry. I don't know what religion that piece of trash practices, but--in my Dad's words--if they're a Christian, then the woods are full of them.

I brake for animals, too. I've more compassion for animals than most people, if only because I've seen, heard, and encountered so much human ignorace, selfishness, and blatant disregard for life. We're supposed to love one another, to be stewards for a world not our own...if the kitten-killer is "Christian," then that...person...should remember this at the Last Judgement: God won't be pleased with them for this. ("For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they all have one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity." Eccl. 3:19)

In the meantime, I hope the person that killed your sweet boy's kitty gets two flat tires. At one time. Alone. Far away from the city. With a dead cellphone. Evil or Very Mad

P.S., then I'll shut up--wonderful that you adopted some kitties and are fostering two more! You're teaching your son strength, forgiveness, kindness, mercy, and all-around goodness. He will see love can hurt, but love is still worthwhile. He will be a better man for what you teach him. Very Happy
cimaruta
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goblynn wrote:
First things first, I'm laying this out on the table: I'm an Independent, Fundamentalist Baptist. I believe in God, Jesus Christ, the Holy Trinity, etc. I believe a great many things that I'm certain most folks would disagree with...but I've also learned a lot about what Christian behavior is supposed to be, rather than how most "Christians" act. I'm no great person, and I do a lot of wrong (and I do judge, shame on me)...but one thing I believe is that no religion, or faith, or creed has a right to do harm to a person for being different. If my faith "witnesses" and tries to lead to conversion, but is rebuffed, we are to go on our way. Striking out at someone for declining to change is not "right."

I'm happy that you know where you stand with religion. I'm floundering at the moment as I search for something that melds better with my philosophical ideas. It's okay to make mistakes. Nobody goes through life without breaking a law of the land, so how could anyone expect to be perfect in any other area. You respect and honor your guidelines rather than try to get away with breaking the rules. Good on you!

Quote:
I don't know what religion that piece of trash practices, but--in my Dad's words--if they're a Christian, then the woods are full of them.

It wasn't a Christian crime. It was a crime of spite. They tolerated me just fine as long as I was useful to them. They don't like us because we are different, not because we frighten them.

Quote:
I brake for animals, too. I've more compassion for animals than most people, if only because I've seen, heard, and encountered so much human ignorace, selfishness, and blatant disregard for life. We're supposed to love one another, to be stewards for a world not our own...if the kitten-killer is "Christian," then that...person...should remember this at the Last Judgement: God won't be pleased with them for this. ("For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they all have one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity." Eccl. 3:19)

I understand where you are coming from. I've always been mistreated by most people that I come across, but I try very hard to not get cynical and angry. It feels better to be a good and loving person.

Quote:
In the meantime, I hope the person that killed your sweet boy's kitty gets two flat tires. At one time. Alone. Far away from the city. With a dead cellphone. Evil or Very Mad

Laughing I've been secretly fantasizing such things myself, but I think that if it actually happened and they needed help, that I'd be compelled to lend a hand. Until then, though, I'm going to entertain myself with my thoughts of snarky comebacks and mild misfortunes. They're therapeutic.

Quote:
P.S., then I'll shut up--wonderful that you adopted some kitties and are fostering two more! You're teaching your son strength, forgiveness, kindness, mercy, and all-around goodness. He will see love can hurt, but love is still worthwhile. He will be a better man for what you teach him. Very Happy

I am extremely proud of my son. He's all of the above and beautiful and brilliant as well. I often find that he is teaching me the traits you mentioned.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: