Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[UPDATE] Op Aphid profile updated (show more...)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zyekad
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: [UPDATE] Op Aphid profile updated (show more...) Reply with quote

The extended profile now reads... (I believe this is new in the profile. If it isn't, just delete this thread mods)

When looking at eternity, and trying to justify it against our place at this moment in time, it's quite common to wonder how all of the pieces fit together.

Perhaps the better question is "Do most people even see the whole picture?" Or are they missing out on seemingly obscure fractions of great importance that could help it all start to become clear? By the time you reach the end, will you even remember every sign you ignored at the beginning?

In the grand scheme of things, we are playing with preciously little time. Alas, without order, we are left only with chaos.

--

I am reminded of this writing in one of our historical texts, by the Roman philosopher Nomanyuos. I attempted to verify the translation on the internet, but unfortunately he remains a victim of harsh damnatio memoriae for his ideas and philosophies that did not bode well with members of certain sects. This less controversial musing regards the Roman Forum and its importance in his time:

----

"Were it not for the forum, there would be no discourse amongst the people.

Were it not for this discourse, there would be no clear vision.

Were it not for clear vision, the hard work of our politicians, citizens, slaves—not even our armies could ever bring any guidance toward the right path.

But if not for the hard work behind clear vision arrived at through discourse, the forum itself could never have been built."

-----

Historically it is important to note, however, that most Emperors and politicians enjoyed their greatest triumphs when the forums remained largely unaware of their actions, and did not inquire about their intentions. But Nomanyuos, like most philosophers, had virtually no wealth, power or influence. Would you find it coincidental that history is full of "populists" with similar views?

Regardless, great rewards await the chosen few who can see even a fraction of the wisdom and truth that is right before their very eyes.
Where I've Been

Hometown: Denderah
WillDjforfood
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I JUST went to her profile and read this. Are you stalking me? Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: