Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0055 I'm Hiding Out... [10/21/06]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I hope she isn't a liar, but it seems there are things she may know..or at least have an idea about that she isn't saying..and now we find out she has been seeing Lucy still when she told us specifically that she wouldn't be seeing her anymore. You're right that maybe these recent visits were not planned...but I just feel like she may be hiding things...which I have never thought before. I don't know.
spiff5000
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nora Volkova wrote:
It isn't necessarily a lie on Bree's part.

Here's the timeline of the facts as we know them:

Lucy spends time with both Bree and her parents, discussing Bree's confusion about her religious future and assisting Bree learn her role in the ceremony. Among the things Lucy and Bree have discussed is Bree's disillusionment with her friend Daniel, and Bree's annoyance that Daniel is continuing to play James Bond and follow her about, snooping into her religious prep.

Daniel continues to both follow Bree and Lucy around, but films them secretly and posts videos about his activities, complete with paranoid commentary.

The ceremony comes off the single hitch that Daniel intruded and attempted to film it. AGAIN he posts a video full of paranoid commentary.

Bree tells us that Lucy is scheduled to leave to visit some other parishioners.

Prior to her departure, Lucy leaves the house on an errand, and comes home to discover from her computer and her browser history that someone has broken into her apartment but stole nothing. (Pattern Recognition, anyone?) This person has been still images of Daniel sneaking around spying on religious activities -- not still images of Daniel standing in line at McDonalds, hanging out with his buddies, or walking his dog.

Lucy of course quickly surmises that this must in fact be Daniel again. This is confirmed by yet another video upload with yet more uneasy raving. So now Daniel no only broke in, but he is broadcasting to the world that he broke in.

If you were in Lucy's position, knowing that this young girl you have come to appreciate and like is being stalked by an ex-friend, one who has been posting videos about his stalking (which is a subtle form of harrassment, whether Daniel understands that or not -- Bree obviously *does* perceive that), and now has progressed to breaking and entering the home of someone he has absolutely no connection to, and who has not threatened or approached him in any manner whatsoever -- would you be dancing off to other parishioners? Or would you go to warn Bree and her family that Daniel's behavior has taken a turn toward the criminal?

The problem here is that Daniel is operating WHOLLY on the assumption that something nefarious is going on, and is too irrational to step back and look at the pattern of his own behavior. We the audience ought to be detached enough to see things from all sides -- to recognize that Daniel's freaking out may be understandable, but also to recognize that his behavior is not productive, and his interpretation of events is irrational and unreliable.

You are missing one crucial point: Lucy has pictures of Daniel spying on the ceremony. Regardless of where the pictures were taken, Daniel is being spied on. Daniels gut instinct paid off and his paranoia is justified.
SharpI
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with NV. I think it's unfair to call Bree a liar. When Bree said what Lucy was going to do, Bree was reporting what Lucy told her. If Lucy lied to Bree, or if Lucy's plan changed later, that doesn't make Bree a liar.
solrac_krad
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This ideo wasnīt as exiting as the others, okay, we know were daniel is now, but if u see, it didnīt cause lots of exciment, it is reflcted on how many of us have replied to this topic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Nora Volkova
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiff, they have pictures of Daniel lurking about furtively in places where Lucy already was. They took pictures of Daniel going out of his way to spy them *going about their own business.*

We haven't been shown that they have any pictures of Daniel minding his own business. That's not spying, that's documentation.

It's not a missed point; I brought this up in the post when talking about Lucy's perspective upon coming home and realizing someone had tampered with her computer.
Blackburne
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, this video seems to be a dud seeing as how we're only up to page five on here. I think that's a first.

Since the beginning I've had a feeling that Bree's parents are not aware of the danger Bree could be in. What kind of parent would put their child in a potentially dangerous situation? For example, what parent sends their child to a crack house knowing damn well it's a crack house? It's possible they know and are only going through with everything out of intimidation or something but, that's another argument. Several theories could apply but I opt to believe that they're probably just very unaware of what's going on. Don't ask, don't tell.

As far as Daniel's parents [if he lives with them though it's possible he lives on his own] are concerned I also think they're unaware of what's going on - not a smart move on Danny Boy's part. I think maybe Daniel could be afraid to tell them because he is in love with Bree and he doesn't want his parents to forbid him to see her, or help her, after they find out she's in a cult. But Daniel's afraid, and I'm sure he's just trying to take care as best he can without failing Bree as well.

I've also wondered if maybe in the canon-verse this is what happened to Cassie as well. She found Bree's religion strange, poked around and got herself hurt. Maybe that's why Bree asked Daniel about Cassie as well, because she worried that he suspected something. It was random, but could be possible. I love how this is progressing by the way.
minsky
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spaciegirl wrote:
Well, I hope she isn't a liar, but it seems there are things she may know..or at least have an idea about that she isn't saying..and now we find out she has been seeing Lucy still when she told us specifically that she wouldn't be seeing her anymore. You're right that maybe these recent visits were not planned...but I just feel like she may be hiding things...which I have never thought before. I don't know.

I agree, Bree seems to know more than she lets on.

That driving vid is interesting, when she first said they are not order of Denderah about her parents, I just assumed that she was in a diffrent sect of the same religion. Now i just don't know what it meant anymore.

oh and I don't think the real ceremony has happend yet.
Roselilith13
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:20 am    Post subject: Just my view Reply with quote

Hi I have been reading this forum/following the series since Lonelygirl was outed. I think that those who are saying how this video does not further the plot are ignoring the fact that just because we guess something does not mean it is true. For instance if we are told by daniel (and the creators) that Bree's parents may not know all that is going on then we know that this is direction we can definately take speculation into and anything before that we might have surmised about this was just a shot in the dark.

Also I think that this video has less posts then others because it was straightforward which honestly is necessary sometimes in any series, of all people the people of this forum should recognize that. Was it not only a few video's back that everyone was complaining that we kept getting clues and not facts??? Very Happy .
itsmeforreal
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in before anyone voices suspicion about Roselilith13 being a plant from the creatotrons!!! Very Happy
Kimmi-Chan
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

itsmeforreal wrote:
in before anyone voices suspicion about Roselilith13 being a plant from the creatotrons!!! Very Happy

I second that!!!
Luv2Skydive
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

laurenesque wrote:
Daniels teeth gross me out.

Sorry. It had to be said.

Yeah, I think the closeup was not necessary....I think he has a dead/fake tooth in the front. It's too white and doesn't match his other yellow ones. Confused
Luv2Skydive
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what Daniel will turn into if he keeps letting his hair grow.....

spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

itsmeforreal wrote:

Even if he/she is....what is the point of discussing it?
CriticalThinking
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I just realized that I have finally gotten over 100 posts! *hands self a bouquet of roses ("I'd like to thank my mom...")*

Anyway, I don't think this video gave us much to ponder. Just letting us know that Daniel is in a safe place, probably able to do more reasearch on the creepy cult people.

Oh, welcome to the crazy house roselilith13! Would you like a twinkie?

On the Daniel-is-a-crazy-stalker note, I don't know if the creators realized they were making him out to be a stalker type, I think they just wanted to help us and and Daniel get more clues about the cult. So I don't know if we should worry about it as much as we have. I mean, if this were a regular movie, TV show, or book, wouldn't he have done the same thing?

edit: wow, you know it's sad when it's been twenty-three minutes and noone else has posted.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll bite.. speaking of biting, you guys are right, Daniel's teeth are looking quite foul. I don't know if it's the lighting or what, but they appear especially heinous this time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: