Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rambam. Abenezra. Baudelaire?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
prep him
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

covedweller wrote:
If Baudelaire was right, maybe it means that evil wants us to believe that it doesn't exist so that it can work while being ignored.

Then the other two not acknowledging it would work in evil's favor.

Given the Jewish outlook on evil though, it is interesting that you don't hear about Jews being possessed by demons or anything. Ignoring that seems to have worked in their favor!

Hah! true.

The Christians personify evil as a way to justify immoral acts and behavior - make it more tangible. The Devil is personified in the same way we personify God, which also allows God to seem even more... well ... "good".

I dunno, I am too tired for religious philosophisizzing.
ixlr8
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

prep him wrote:
covedweller wrote:
If Baudelaire was right, maybe it means that evil wants us to believe that it doesn't exist so that it can work while being ignored.

Given the Jewish outlook on evil though, it is interesting that you don't hear about Jews being possessed by demons or anything. Ignoring that seems to have worked in their favor!

Hah! true.

The Christians personify evil as a way to justify immoral acts and behavior - make it more tangible. The Devil is personified in the same way we personify God, which also allows God to seem even more... well ... "good".

I dunno, I am too tired for religious philosophisizzing.

You also have to remember that there is no concept of Hell in Judiasm.

See people? MINE is the forgiving God! :-p

Mike
LesterG
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

covedweller wrote:

1st bolded : Alas, never interrupt an enemy when he is making a mistake. [Napoleon]

2nd bolded: "the neutral are the only ones to side themselves with evil"

these seem to come to mind
HoOBS
Haku, Seraph Monk "upgrades"
Destrin41016
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to wikipedia...Baudelaire wrote aobut poe...ADD POE HINDER VILIFICATION...any connection?

"Baudelaire had learned English in his childhood, and Gothic novels, such as Lewis's The Monk, became some of his favorite reading matter. In 1846 and 1847 he became acquainted with the works of Edgar Allan Poe, in which he found tales and poems which had, he claimed, long existed in his own brain but never taken shape. From this time till 1865 he was largely occupied with his translated versions of Poe's works, which were widely praised. These were published as Histoires extraordinaires ("Extraordinary stories") (1852), Nouvelles histoires extraordinaires ("New extraordinary stories") (1857), Aventures d'Arthur Gordon Pym (see The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym), Eureka, and Histoires grotesques et sérieuses ("Grotesque and serious stories") (1865). Two essays on Poe are to be found in his Oeuvres complètes ("Complete works") (vols. v. and vi.)."
taiya
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add Poe - expose or express evil
Hinder Vilification - stop or slow down evil?

I think that the idea that Ramdam and Abenezra didn't believe in the existence of evil, but Baudeliare did seems to be the right way to analyze this, but where will it lead to? What does "Attention leads to invocation" mean?
prep him
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

still not sure how, or if, warpylol fits into this, but he made one comment on one Lonelygirl15 video ("Poor Pluto").

He says:

warpylol (1 month ago)
Tada, you're wrong. She's probably a Gnostic
surrealisticpill
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: 8:50 AM east coast time

Cassie Does Not R.I.P. (Rest In Peace)
October 20, 2006, 10:09 PM
2/5: Attention leads to invocation.

A psychic vampire feeds off of your energy and attention. To stop it is simple: Ignore it.

Maimonides and Abraham ibn Ezra denied the existence of demons. Their philosophies became a part of the mainstream Jewish faith regarding the subject.

Perhaps this was the right approach. i.e. "To ignore evil is to deny it any power over you."

However, Charles Baudelaire suggested that, "The finest trick of the devil is to persuade you that he does not exist."

What if he was indeed correct?
surrealisticpill
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So maybe Cassie is the "psychic vampire" and if we pay attention to her, we are helping her (or conjuring up her spirit).

So are we supposed to pretend this "psychic vampire" doesn't exist, or are we supposed to give it our attention??
twjaniak
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

surrealisticpill wrote:
So maybe Cassie is the "psychic vampire" and if we pay attention to her, we are helping her (or conjuring up her spirit).

So are we supposed to pretend this "psychic vampire" doesn't exist, or are we supposed to give it our attention??

In many respects, people began to turn away from CiW after she entered SL. When the ceremony came and went without a hitch and CiW did nothing, people abandoned her even more. Cassie has less and less people to feed off of every day.
Mordrack
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

twjaniak wrote:
In many respects, people began to turn away from CiW after she entered SL. When the ceremony came and went without a hitch and CiW did nothing, people abandoned her even more. Cassie has less and less people to feed off of every day.

She has to come back to us. Crying or Very sad
horcruxes
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

surrealisticpill wrote:

the idea of "psychic vampire" is also referenced in "Disclosure Cassie: We Are They" at the end where it flickers "Not All Vampires Suck Blood." which is a reference to an entry in the Satanic Bible. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Satanic_Bible

"LaVey defines a psychic vampire as one who attempts to psychologically manipulate others by systematically playing the victim"

it also goes on to say "LaVey advises that such people are psychologically draining, hence the term "psychic vampire", and should be dealt with mercilessly and discarded before they are permitted to take control of the lives of vital individuals."

what stuck out most to me was 'vital individuals' which made me automatically think of Bree.

even with this said, we're still left to decide to we ignore her or pay more attention to her?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

horcruxes wrote:
surrealisticpill wrote:

the idea of "psychic vampire" is also referenced in "Disclosure Cassie: We Are They" at the end where it flickers "Not All Vampires Suck Blood." which is a reference to an entry in the Satanic Bible. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Satanic_Bible

"LaVey defines a psychic vampire as one who attempts to psychologically manipulate others by systematically playing the victim"

it also goes on to say "LaVey advises that such people are psychologically draining, hence the term "psychic vampire", and should be dealt with mercilessly and discarded before they are permitted to take control of the lives of vital individuals."

what stuck out most to me was 'vital individuals' which made me automatically think of Bree.

even with this said, we're still left to decide to we ignore her or pay more attention to her?

Sounds like Bree's mom's method of dealing with Hume.
surrealisticpill
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

has cassie done anything recently that we could even be paying attention to? maybe we can expect more from her soon?
Xrynaem
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: Video desc changed. Reply with quote

A psychic vampire feeds off of your energy and attention. To stop it is simple: Ignore it.

Maimonides and Abraham ibn Ezra denied the existence of demons. Their philosophies became a part of the mainstream Jewish faith regarding the subject.

Perhaps this was the right approach. i.e. "To ignore evil is to deny it any power over you."

However, Charles Baudelaire suggested, "The finest trick of the devil is to persuade you that he does not exist."

[21:32] SuperRad7: you in trouble now, boi
[21:32] * Xrynaem cracks his fingers
[21:32] Xrynaem: Bring it!
[21:32] ThaBeave: D IN APHID!
[21:33] Xrynaem: OH SNAP!
[21:33] * ThaBeave KICKS XRY
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
prep him
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: Video desc changed. Reply with quote

Xrynaem wrote:

However, Charles Baudelaire suggested, "The finest trick of the devil is to persuade you that he does not exist."

Yeah I got it right! Awesome!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: