Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[OpAphid][SPEC] Aphid Emails: Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ravensgrace

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:51 am    Post subject: [OpAphid][SPEC] Aphid Emails: Discussion Reply with quote

Please update your post with a screenshot. We trust you, but OpAphid has confirmed we are going to see disinformation. Best to nip it in the bud from the start, and make it a habit.
[04:03] <lyriclyinclined> with the exception of a bad apple pucker incident

Last edited by ravensgrace on Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: [OpAphid][EMAIL] YouTube Coorespondence with Aphid Reply with quote

Cu_Roi wrote:
OpAphid Replied:

People are now underestimating how some might be tested. Only a day or so ago they were overestimating that such an event would occur without even listening to the message instructing them on how to handle such a situation.

The test will come, regardless. All this time, the only delay has been the complete lack of indication that any of you would pass.

It's a pity, but I welcome to the surprise. Hopefully the first few won't spoil it for those who follow. In this case, each triumph, as well as each failure, should be earned.

And you should really all be discussing these things in a public forum. I like to keep an eye on you--and it's not fair for the rest of the class to have the smartest students in their own little club house. Some knowledge should be shared, after all.

Soooo how does this affect the IG/OOG dynamic? The PM has declared this board IG but migrating to UF doesn't seem possible given the tiny overlap of players and loyalty to this site.
surrealisticpill
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: [OpAphid][EMAIL] YouTube Coorespondence with Aphid Reply with quote

What is the IG/OOG dynamic? What is the UF? You lost me!
twjaniak
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: [OpAphid][EMAIL] YouTube Coorespondence with Aphid Reply with quote

surrealisticpill wrote:

In Game / Out of Game

Unfiction as in the Unfiction Forums.
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: [OpAphid][EMAIL] YouTube Coorespondence with Aphid Reply with quote

surrealisticpill wrote:

Sorry about that. When I'm overly...alert shall we say, I get caught up in acronyms.
IG is In Game
OOG is Out Of Game
UF is UnForums

UF has a handy rule where, while Puppet Masters can read the boards to make sure people aren't too lost and may need new hints, they can not post to the board as the characters or allow their characters to have read from the board. That way, in games where there are characters on both sides of a conflict, the players can keep secrets, stratigize and play as double agents.
MaxZyrix
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was under the impression that she was speaking about some of us discussing the topic in IRC rather than here in the forums. That's why a thread was opened and we moved the discussion.
Luv2Luvem
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaxZyrix wrote:
I was under the impression that she was speaking about some of us discussing the topic in IRC rather than here in the forums. That's why a thread was opened and we moved the discussion.

I though that too...I think that it is ok for us to discuss these things in IRC, but I also think it is very important to document our findings in the forum. Btw, I got a reply from Op, but I don't know how to take a screencap. Can anyone tell me?
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaxZyrix wrote:

That part makes sense (and boy am I glad that you guys are posting to the forum as well. Grad school suXX0rs) but the keeping an eye on us part could make situations wonky for those who are declaring themselves fair game but still helping us solve puzzles.
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luv2Luvem wrote:
MaxZyrix wrote:

I though that too...I think that it is ok for us to discuss these things in IRC, but I also think it is very important to document our findings in the forum. Btw, I got a reply from Op, but I don't know how to take a screencap. Can anyone tell me?

There may be a better way but I click the print screen key (prt sc on some) and paste that into paint, crop, save, upload to a photobucket type account, and then post.
Luv2Luvem
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigerlilylynn wrote:

There may be a better way but I click the print screen key (prt sc on some) and paste that into paint, crop, save, upload to a photobucket type account, and then post.

Wow, thats a lot of work. Very Happy But i will give it a try. Thank you.
plumpy
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screencaps can be easily faked, too. A simple way to do it would be to save the webpage and directly edit it in a text editor, then open your edited version back up in a web browser. It would take about three minutes.

So you don't need waste your time (and everyone's bandwidth) with screencaps.
MaxZyrix
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wit Luv2Luvem's message is clear thet the protection of the order is a component of the instruction. What else can be missing?
taiya
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where we are doing the protecting? Perhaps we need to move to SL or something (I hope not!)
MaxZyrix
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

taiya wrote:
Where we are doing the protecting? Perhaps we need to move to SL or something (I hope not!)

God that just gave me the shivers! No, I really don't think this is going in that direction.
LesterG
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed OpAphid, if the H in Aphid means Help... she hasn't responded to my YT yet,

so I post here so she'll see that I'm pikales U2B msging her lol
HoOBS
Haku, Seraph Monk "upgrades"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: