Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Attn: The OpAphid community
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blessedsophia
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Attn: The OpAphid community Reply with quote

A long session in IRC brought tiltingwindward and I to two conclusions today.
1.) OpAphid and CiW are inextricably linked, and neither is "Dead"
2.) Cassie is the backbone of the game, and OpAphid was designed specifically to cause division (and possibly force us to acknowledge Cassie as the "true prophet") by leading us away from CiW.

The argument:

We initially could all agree that the energy vampire mentioned in Aphid’s latest video was a direct reference to Cassie. This implies that we’re supposed to, through Aphid’s video, come to learn how to stop Cassie and register her irrelevant. Aphid’s previous record of deliberate and careful word choice, and discretion in what s/he reveals, makes this obvious.

However, the popular consensus after 10/12 was that Cassie had disappeared from the game, and/or been gamejacked. If we are to trust Aphid’s discretion in disclosing information, then we must look at the evidence: in addition to the warning on how to register Cassie powerless, she has spent a good deal of time and effort on acknowledging Cassie through her videos. If her advice was right, Aphid would have known that the surest way to prevail would be to ignore Cassie altogether. On the contrary, not only does Aphid not ignore Cassie, s/he focuses an absurd amount of attention on her, drawing eyes to Cassie repeatedly and with great vigor.

However, Aphid betrays him/herself with this comment on the energy vampire; if Cassie is already “dead” or gamejacked, as already supposed by a good number of game community, why would such a warning be necessary? Aphid concerns him/herself with putting down a character who is already, in the popular mind, dead. This is unnecessary, unless we make the assumption that not only is Cassie coming back, but Aphid knows this.

There is then the issue of Cassie’s latest clue. Only a handful remain working on it, but that is enough. We can guess that Cassie, given her previous conduct, is waiting for us to solve it to give us another clue (hence the absence of appearances). Aphid, to be provoked into posting such a warning, must also be aware of this, and also aware that Cassie may possibly emerge once the clue is decoded.

Aphid, in devoting such a substantial amount of energy to ceasing what already appears in all aspects to be a dead game, has effectively told us one thing: it isn’t yet over, and both Aphid and Cassie know that.

For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. (Matthew 24:24)
blessedsophia
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PART 2

If we assume assertion 1 (that OpAphid and CiW are inextricably linked), we must take a moment to look at something slightly less founded but with possibly larger consequences; specifically, Cassie’s “fate” on 10/12.

Bree’s video admitted outright that the 10/12 ceremony was a hoax. This may, as some have said, prove that CiW was a poorly-run fake from the beginning. The lack of further comment from Cassie led everyone to believe that the game had truly died. This, and this in and of itself, was the justification for calling the game “dead.” (Cassie is known to be angry and stingy with hints; her lack of responses since then is not, in and of itself, sufficient foundation to prove that she has disappeared).

So when Cassie talked about her fate being decided on 10/12, she may very well have been prophesying about the change in attention to OpAphid. OpAphid’s video “Cassie tells lies” was posted on that day, and the rumblings immediately before the date about Aphid’s superiority in clarity, timeliness, and communication had reached a peak. Cassie may have very well been aware of Aphid’s rise as the date approached, and predicted that the game would become divided. (Moreover, codesintoserapis, containing the line about “A House divided against itself will not stand” was released close to a week before the first overt incident of attempted gamejacking by Aphid, in the form of Aphid’s first Cassie-relevant video.)

Thus, we may be able to assume that Cassie was aware she would be jacked 11 days from her first comments on 10/12.

We then came back to Aphid’s comments on the latest video, regarding psychic vampires and the existence of the devil:
Quote:

2/5: Attention leads to invocation.

A psychic vampire feeds off of your energy and attention. To stop it is simple: Ignore it.

Maimonides and Abraham ibn Ezra denied the existence of demons. Their philosophies became a part of the mainstream Jewish faith regarding the subject.

Perhaps this was the right approach. i.e. "To ignore evil is to deny it any power over you."

However, Charles Baudelaire suggested, "The finest trick of the devil is to persuade you that he does not exist."

What if he was indeed correct?

In this entire scenario, we must remember that Aphid’s rise to prominence is founded upon one pretense: convincing us that Cassie no longer exists. The message, when looked at in this light, is not a warning.

It is an admission.

Aphid has been attempting to make us believe this entire time that Cassie is no longer to be accepted, or acknowledged. She, in essence, has been convincing us that the devil is no longer there. The quickest way for Aphid to gain sway over us, as a game, is to convince us that Cassie no longer exists.

To take this a step further, if we equate the devil and the energy vampire (which may be incorrect, despite their seeming connection in the note), then we can assume that the energy vampire is not Cassie, but Aphid. She has admitted, in essence, that she has led us from Cassie as a false prophet.

To go a bit off-topic and extrapolate, Cassie, being a prophet in her own right, had to have been aware that this was going to happen; if so, why did she let it happen? Possibly it was to allow us to declare sides. I don’t know.

Remember that this is a theory. I’m interested in hearing your thoughts.

For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. (Matthew 24:24)
steavetheundead
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a really interesting thought out theory blessed *claps*. and it makes something aphid said to me make sense "the challenge will hit you square in the face and you must react in a instant"

maybe the challenge will come when cassie wakes back up, and we will be expected to act on aphids side imediatly or be cast out of the order?
Lola
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aphids kill roses. One of the last things Cassie did was pass out roses.

Also - the Frank video - there's a close-up of fishing lures. He hooked the brown "skeeter" but there were 2 white ones - I think they were aphids.
tiltingwindward
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sophia mentioned this above when she postulated OpAphid as a false prophet, but I'll just expand a little more here:

OpAphid continually refers to Cassie as Cassandra, which can be understood as a reference to the mythical Cassandra, a human woman who rejected the love of Apollo and was therefore cursed to prophesy only in riddles and never be believed. All Cassandra's prophecies were accurate (she was the one who saw the fall of Troy), but no one ever believed her.

Our Cassie is being placed in the same situation by OpAphid. She has predicted a number of things, but her predictions have been in riddles or have been too chaotic to be understood--therefore, she has been discounted in favor of OpAphid's seemingly clearer explanations and commands.
hagbard celine
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only problem i can see with that theory is that the whole psychic vampire clue is under a video titled cassie does not rest in peace.

which seems to be in conflict with the idea that

Quote:
In this entire scenario, we must remember that Aphid’s rise to prominence is founded upon one pretense: convincing us that Cassie no longer exists.

which with the rest in peace video aphid seems to be alerting us that cassie in fact is still part of this...

the warning seems valid, if aphid knows that cassie is returning. cassie seems to be a threat to bree (although has this been clearly established?). from comments that aphid has made on various videos (i think - is there a list somewhere?) and in some of her own videos she seems to align herself with the order and wants bree to perform in the ceremony and continue with her preparation and preserve her purity.

daniel also seems like a threat, although her videos don't really deal with daniel - more her comments...

i don't know. just throwing some things out there...

there seems to be some discrepancy between the videos and the comments left on other's videos (is there a list of these somewhere?)

so, with the title of the video aphid is saying that someone many had written off is still in the game (or are there other meanings to cassie doesn't not rest in peace). then in the description says:

Quote:
The finest trick of the devil is to persuade you that he does not exist

which is what happened with cassie. if indeed cassie is still playing...
ravensgrace

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lola wrote:

I'm assuming this occurred in SL? I think a few people were excluded from participating due to their hardware. Confused I chose not to enter, because it destroyed the 'R' in ARG for me.
[04:03] <lyriclyinclined> with the exception of a bad apple pucker incident
blessedsophia
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravensgrace wrote:
Lola wrote:

I'm assuming this occurred in SL? I think a few people were excluded from participating due to their hardware. Confused I chose not to enter, because it destroyed the 'R' in ARG for me.

Yep. Wonder if she's vanished from there as well..

Mordrack
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very nice theory, indeed.

And it seems I am not the only one thinking that Cassie will come back to us.
Absynth
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also, researching the 78:49, i have found some interesting things linked to this...

from a wili article on angelogy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angel

In Pslams 78:49 the "evil angels" of the Authorized Version conveys a false impression; it should be "angels of evil", i.e. angels who inflict chastisement as ministers of God.

and later :
The Fall of the Angels is not properly a scriptural doctrine, though it is based on Gen. 6:2, as interpreted by the Book of Enoch. It is true that the bnē Elohim of that chapter are subordinate superhuman beings (cf. above), but they belong to a different order of thought from the angels of Judaism and of Christian doctrine; and the passage in no way suggests that the bne Elohim suffered any loss of status through their act.

The guardian angels of the nations in Daniel probably represent the gods of the heathen, and we have there the first step of the process by which these gods became evil angels, an idea expanded by Milton in Paradise Lost. The development of the doctrine of an organized hierarchy of angels belongs to the Jewish literature of the period 200 BC to A.D. 100. In Jewish apocalypses especially, the imagination ran riot on the rank, classes and names of angels; and such works as the various books of Enoch and the Ascension of Isaiah supply much information on this subject.

http://www.chabad.org/library/article.asp?AID=16299

49. He dispatched against them the kindling of His anger-wrath, fury, and trouble, a delegation of evil messengers.

these may hold something, not just what ive quoted, there seems to be little coincidences throughout. lemme know what yall think, pweease.
One of the Cloudmakers
http://www.cloudmakers.org/guide/index3.shtml
Currently trying to crack the Publius Enigma
surrealisticpill
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked OpAphid if Cassie was the psychic vampire and I got back this response....

[/img]
tiltingwindward
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that on the archive...that looks a lot like a non-denial denial to me...
surrealisticpill
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why does cassie deserve our sympathy? Has she been a burden or a blessing? She tells lies, but she's also an innocent victim. Op draws our attention to Cassie - "Help Me" yet "they keep attacking" and "we are they". Is Op mocking Cassie? I agree that they are inextricably related.... I'm just so confused.
blessedsophia
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Video explanation posted:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ywzqmcI-gUQ

This has been sent to Aphid, frankiswaking, and cassieiswatching. Will wait and update you guys on any responses I get...

tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lola wrote:

Also - the Frank video - there's a close-up of fishing lures. He hooked the brown "skeeter" but there were 2 white ones - I think they were aphids.

Which does remind me (well that and working on the wiki) Aphid is a strange tag on at least 2 old LG15 vids.

Also, if anyone organizes an opposition PLEASE call yourselves OpLadyBug or OpJapaneseBeatle
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: