Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gemmers19 "It's not your decision" [10/26/2006]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
robtomorrow
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minsky wrote:
On a side note: I just read this Bulletin from Yousef on myspace.

I'll be in england
So I just purchased a ticket to go to England from dec 23rd through jan 3rd. Does anyone know what to do? Are there any cool talk shows or anything like that, that could be fun to do? I'm also wondering about fun spots to party for the New Year? Well take care everyone and maybe I'll see ya around London! Woohooo cant wait!!

Hmm could we possibly see some incorporating of this into the story?

Well considering that the actress that plays Gemma is actually in L.A., if Gemma and Daniel aka Yousef are going to meet in London then Gemma aka Jackie is going to have to buy a ticket as well.
ericski
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: it is not, it is, your decision Reply with quote

my take is that gemma has been enlisted by the order to bring bree back in line. they chose someone she knew, either not knowing or not caring that they weren't really close. her sudden appearance coincides with what the order would consider a crisis situation with bree. she attempts to persuade, yet the strength of the argument has likely been coached into gemma to get across. hence the "acting", referred to so much in previous posts above. and so the "well, it is your decision" bit is thrown in to soften her stern message. gemma does not say she is not in the order. her story of sam seems to be saying, " i was young and foolish like you once, no need to waste your effort. just do as you're told". regardless of whether the order put her up to it or not, someone who is not part of the order would hardly relay this message. just my 2 cents.
Jenna
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm....I didnt like Gemma's tone of voice in that video at all....

*tears signature out*
Reb
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like her and I am quite happy to say that. I don't think that we know enough about her and I think that her role in this might be slightly sinister. In the long run look at it this way she is in London so bree won't be able to go and see or stay with her, this means that she really can't have a huge role what I assume with be a big event surrounding the ceremony. I think that she is much more likely to be the voice of the order which is something that we don't really have officially yet first of all trying to convince Bree not to do the ceremony and then when she is unmasked as still being part of the religion having some other role, maybe posting something which gives daniel a clue to what is going on if bree is kidnapped or goes missing!

I deffinately don't like her though Evil or Very Mad and if they were going to have her based in England then why not get someone who is british it would make more sense surely? as they haven't explained why she apears to be a from elsewhere.
Beautiful Nightmare
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
as they haven't explained why she apears to be a from elsewhere.

Well, didn't she live with Bree in the commune in NZ? THEN she moved to London on her own. So, that would explain that, I'd think.

Sad Ah, for the good old days. Sad
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Bree befriended Gemma's dog when she moved to Nottingham?
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:

Most importantly, how is the dog going to factor in? How come there's no in-character chat to talk with the dog? Does the dog have a myspace?

(Sorry, couldn't resist! Wink)
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We wanna see the doggy!
Lurker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericski wrote:
my take is that gemma has been enlisted by the order to bring bree back in line. they chose someone she knew, either not knowing or not caring that they weren't really close. her sudden appearance coincides with what the order would consider a crisis situation with bree. she attempts to persuade, yet the strength of the argument has likely been coached into gemma to get across. hence the "acting", referred to so much in previous posts above. and so the "well, it is your decision" bit is thrown in to soften her stern message. gemma does not say she is not in the order. her story of sam seems to be saying, " i was young and foolish like you once, no need to waste your effort. just do as you're told". regardless of whether the order put her up to it or not, someone who is not part of the order would hardly relay this message. just my 2 cents.

I still can't figure out where anyone's getting the impression that Gemma is saying that Bree should do what the Order wants or that she's trying to help them. In this latest video, she all but tells her that they're controlling psychos and that she needs to stop being so naive as to believe that they'll be willing to listen to her and care about what she wants. She even says that less important members like herself weren't allowed to live without the Order trying to control them (which should be a heads up to everyone that she's saying "Since you're so important to them, Bree, do you honestly think they're going to just let you go?").

Her video was hardly an endorsement. In fact, this video was more indicative of the Order being sinister than even Daniel's videos, if only because Gemma knows who they are and how they operate, while Daniel could only guess. That entire video was a huge warning message to Bree.

If Gemma's supposed to be helping the Order get Bree "back in line," she's doing a horrible job of it, because all she's done is give her a video full of reasons to hit the road or go to the FBI. Considering Gemma's distance from her, the only way she could help them get to Bree would be by telling her to trust them. As it is, she's telling her not to trust them, to keep her guard up and essentially that she's an idiotic naive child for telling her parents that she wants to quit, because it isn't going to help. Thus, "I don't think you're taking this seriously enough." Seriously, would the Order want Bree to be on guard and distrustful of them, or would they want her to believe them? At the very least, if they intended to kidnap her, they'd want to lull her into a false sense of security, which Gemma's video runs entirely contrary to.

Last edited by Lurker on Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:36 am; edited 2 times in total
twjaniak
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Broken Kid"]
Kasdeja wrote:

Most importantly, how is the dog going to factor in? How come there's no in-character chat to talk with the dog?

That was an oversight on my part. I'll get to making it right now. Wink
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's how I interpret her videos as well.
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

twjaniak wrote:
Broken Kid wrote:

Most importantly, how is the dog going to factor in? How come there's no in-character chat to talk with the dog?

That was an oversight on my part. I'll get to making it right now. Wink

It's a good thing someone's looking out for the important details! Very Happy
ericski
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
ericski wrote:

I still can't figure out where anyone's getting the impression that Gemma is saying that Bree should do what the Order wants or that she's trying to help them. In this latest video, she all but tells her that they're controlling psychos and that she needs to stop being so naive as to believe that they'll be willing to listen to her and care about what she wants. She even says that less important members like herself weren't allowed to live without the Order trying to control them (which should be a heads up to everyone that she's saying "Since you're so important to them, Bree, do you honestly think they're going to just let you go?").

Her video was hardly an endorsement. In fact, this video was more indicative of the Order being sinister than even Daniel's videos, if only because Gemma knows who they are and how they operate, while Daniel could only guess. That entire video was a huge warning message to Bree.

If Gemma's supposed to be helping the Order get Bree "back in line," she's doing a horrible job of it, because all she's done is give her a video full of reasons to hit the road or go to the FBI. Considering Gemma's distance from her, the only way she could help them get to Bree would be by telling her to trust them. As it is, she's telling her not to trust them, to keep her guard up and essentially that she's an idiotic naive child for telling her parents that she wants to quit, because it isn't going to help. Thus, "I don't think you're taking this seriously enough." Seriously, would the Order want Bree to be on guard and distrustful of them, or would they want her to believe them? At the very least, if they intended to kidnap her, they'd want to lull her into a false sense of security, which Gemma's video runs entirely contrary to.

hey, it's cool, that's just my take. you could be totally right. i was basing most of my conjecture on how much the order already knows/believes bree to be on guard and distrusting of them, hence the need to find someone they think she trusts, to persuade her.
Lurker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericski wrote:
hey, it's cool, that's just my take. you could be totally right. i was basing most of my conjecture on how much the order already knows/believes bree to be on guard and distrusting of them, hence the need to find someone they think she trusts, to persuade her.

I think that they could have still taken it that way before the release of this most recent video from Gemma, but it's probably too late to try that with her now without making a plothole or something. I think at this point, if they want to do something like that, it would be easiest to have Bree's parents (who she does still seem to trust) betray her to the Order. Or maybe just her dad, since her mom (according to Gemma's videos anyway) seems to have some kind of ideological conflicts with the sort of controlling nature Gemma implies they have.

Anyway, I'm betting that they're going to move beyond the persuasion device. They already had Lucy gain Bree's trust previously and that led to her persuading Bree into things like Daniel's alienation and the fake ceremony, so it would just be repeating history if they did it again. If someone Bree trusts (like her parents) does something shady again, I bet it will be something physical and big, like a kidnapping.
Beautiful Nightmare
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Oh, uh..right. Yeah. I was testing you.

Laughing

Sad Ah, for the good old days. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: