Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0061 Proving Longitude Wrong [10/28/06]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
house
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UpbeatMarshWiggle wrote:
house wrote:
It's NOT a globe base. The globe's base is attached. WHAT IS THAT THING?

Is is two things? Like maybe a compass sitting on top of a memo cube?

UMW

I dunno'. The more I look at it, the more I think it's a telegraph/code thingy. I want to say that it's called a sounder, but I could be wrong.
Kelly617
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you watch the interaction between Bree and Daniel in the first sped up part where they're playing with the globe near the beginning...she plays with his ear - or something to that effect. :p It's cute.
UpbeatMarshWiggle
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chanda wrote:
house wrote:

Are you talking about the other clock? There are 2 clocks in the floor. The one in front of Daniel is gold and has bells on top.

Yea, you're right. It's sitting at a funny angle to the camera, but that's what it is.

UMW
Smelltheflowers
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Sigh of contentment* Well, it's always nice to have a little fangirl Bree & Daniel indulgence before bed. All is now right with the world Wink

I definitely agree with others, time is a prominent theme in this video, whether it is just a quick nod to the changing of our clocks or something deeper, I guess we'll just have to wait and find out.

I found her quote at the end a little odd though - "If you don't know where you are then you don't know where you're going. And you might run into things that aren't supposed to be there. Like Danielbeasts."

Strange...
house
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omegawoman wrote:
UpbeatMarshWiggle wrote:
house wrote:

Is is two things? Like maybe a compass sitting on top of a memo cube?

UMW

It's an old fashioned alarm clock. The one's you wind up in the back with 2 bells on top.

Ahhhhhhh...ok. That makes sense. I was trying to grab a screen capture, so I could enlarge it. Thanks.
thejyav
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sfonzarelli wrote:
I really hope the creators haven't decided to listen to the people who whined about how they just want her videos to be nothing but Bree fondling her stuffed animals and gviing reading reccomendations to indie music so they can argue over which stuffed animal they like more and whether or not Bree and Daniel make an adorable couple and have actually 86'd the religious subplot.

If that's the case, Creators, no offense, but there's a difference between fostering fan participation and being a visionless, wishy-washy, artistic whore.

However, I don't think that's the case. I think there's a subtext to this video, as it seems not to have a clearly identifiable surface meaning. The concept of time is being emphasised, the concept of knowing one's location and directional sense is especially emphasized. I wonder why we are being promted on this. (coughopaphidcough)

I cautiously give this video an A, assuming it's the calm before a storm, rather than just a stagnant pool of water.

Even if there is not alot of subtext to this video, I don't think they are going back to this style for good. People wanted it and this is probably the calm before the storm of what will lead up to the finale so they decided to work atleast one of these in. As far as the story goes its not a bad idea to get the cutsie dan/bree stuff back in remind people that they enjoy seeing the two together before things hit the fan.
Kelly617
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why should the time thing be strange? Think about it: they had to film it...then edit it...then upload it to revver...etc...

Why couldn't that just have taken a couple of hours? Plus, there's no rule saying that the time they are posting these videos RIGHT after filming them. Sooo...maybe it was 7:10 when it was filmed...and 9:0-something when it was posted. *shrug*
Jeet_DM
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you can tell the videos where made recently. That is the most recent copy of Time magazine. I also noticed the time on the clock it just seemed out place.
savingbree
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't there a clue on Lucy's computer that had to do with Longitude? Like all the places referenced were on 2 longitudes?
UpbeatMarshWiggle
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kelly617 wrote:
Why should the time thing be strange? Think about it: they had to film it...then edit it...then upload it to revver...etc...

Why couldn't that just have taken a couple of hours? Plus, there's no rule saying that the time they are posting these videos RIGHT after filming them. Sooo...maybe it was 7:10 when it was filmed...and 9:0-something when it was posted. *shrug*

Either that - or Daniel slept over. Wink

Very Happy

UMW
omegawoman
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kelly617 wrote:

Clocks can be set to whatever time you want them to say. It doesn't have to be the time the video was made.
salsagirl
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was just watching the vid- and i noticed something odd-you know how a couple of vids ago there were some red round things on the bottom of her bookshelf? we'll in the beging of the vid they're there, but when bree and daniel are sitting by the bookcase, they're gone....i got some screen caps of it:
view of the bookshelf with red things:

view of bookshelf without them:

don't know if this is significant or not-but hey- we overanalyze everything here, so why not bring this up right? lol
~Salsagirl
lonelygirl
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mirage wrote:
house wrote:
savingbree wrote:
Daniels finger points to England in one frame. What is the significance of the clocks? Set to 7:10. ?

There was a lot of stuff pointing to TIME (the magazine, the clocks, etc.,.).

Maybe it was a reminder that we need to set our clocks back tonite! Rolling Eyes

Daniel seems to be doing a bit of stuffed animal abuse tonite, smothering poor Owen and throwing P.Monkey around. Very Happy

thanks for the reminder that we need to set our clocks back tonite mirage. Smile
Mirage
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lonelygirl wrote:
Mirage wrote:
house wrote:
savingbree wrote:
Daniels finger points to England in one frame. What is the significance of the clocks? Set to 7:10. ?

There was a lot of stuff pointing to TIME (the magazine, the clocks, etc.,.).

Maybe it was a reminder that we need to set our clocks back tonite! Rolling Eyes

Daniel seems to be doing a bit of stuffed animal abuse tonite, smothering poor Owen and throwing P.Monkey around. Very Happy

thanks for the reminder that we need to set our clocks back tonite mirage. Smile

LOL, I didn't realize until a couple hours ago, but I made sure to repeatedly check on here all damn day just in case of a new video. Shows you where my mind is. Rolling Eyes
Truth-in-Science
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thejyav wrote:
Sfonzarelli wrote:
I really hope the creators haven't decided to listen to the people who whined about how they just want her videos to be nothing but Bree fondling her stuffed animals and gviing reading reccomendations to indie music so they can argue over which stuffed animal they like more and whether or not Bree and Daniel make an adorable couple and have actually 86'd the religious subplot.

If that's the case, Creators, no offense, but there's a difference between fostering fan participation and being a visionless, wishy-washy, artistic whore.

However, I don't think that's the case. I think there's a subtext to this video, as it seems not to have a clearly identifiable surface meaning. The concept of time is being emphasised, the concept of knowing one's location and directional sense is especially emphasized. I wonder why we are being promted on this. (coughopaphidcough)

I cautiously give this video an A, assuming it's the calm before a storm, rather than just a stagnant pool of water.

Even if there is not alot of subtext to this video, I don't think they are going back to this style for good. People wanted it and this is probably the calm before the storm of what will lead up to the finale so they decided to work atleast one of these in. As far as the story goes its not a bad idea to get the cutsie dan/bree stuff back in remind people that they enjoy seeing the two together before things hit the fan.

I hope you guys are right. I like the old cutsie stuff from time to time, but I like the darker side to this plot line.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: