Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0061 Proving Longitude Wrong [10/28/06]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheFatLady
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and did you notice that nothing scientific gets proved "wrong" here? Usually there's at least a nod toward some silly "error" in following science, but here it's quite the opposite.

Just indicates to me that there's definitely major subtext here, if the text itself isn't exactly following its own "rules."

I viewed this vid for the first time just 40 minutes ago, and I'm already jonesing for another. And yes, I did get myself out of bed at 3 a.m. just to check if there was a new vlog!
lordgreystoke422
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Please NOBODY respond to this message here as it ultimately has nothing to do with the ACTUAL video..I am just pushing the envelope because it was part of my experience of this video and I am royally pissed off.*

EDIT:Go to this thread to respond:
http://lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=51460#51460

I watched the video and of course liked that at least for a short time they found their way back to being able to make cute videos. My pleasure soon went disgust as the AD popped up at the end. It was an AD for "Death of a President". Now I know that LG15 does not control which AD pops up but...they are one of their biggest draws to Revver and have influence. " Death of a President" for those that have not heard is a MOCKUMENTARY set in the future in 2007 in which George Bush is Assasinated. They use computer generation to simulate the SITTING President of my country from being shot. That LG15 is in anyway linked to this.. that matter makes me WHOLEY SICK...especially when I now consider that I TOO have videos linking to this piece of tripe at times.
I understand the US is about free speech but consider this.. What if someone simulated YOUR death(not a character you play) with images that look just like you? How would that make you feel and your family?
Additionally, I think it's a very veiled threat and intimidation against the sitting President of the United States. As much as I despise John Kerry...I would be equally apalled and upset if he had become President and it was about him. It slaps my WHOLE country in the face and gives me a VERY bad taste about Revver. I encourage everyone to write to Revver and pressure them to pull this ad. In the meantime I will more than likely create a thread in some ADMIN type category.
EDIT: I started a thread in Complaints and concerns called "Death of a President" here is the link

*Please NOBODY respond to this message here as it ultimately has nothing to do with the ACTUAL video..I am just pushing the envelope because it was part of my experience of this video and I am royally pissed off.* This of course will be the first off topic post ever in a LG15 video thread.

Call to Arms...Or Would That Be Feet? #54
http://one.revver.com/watch/156886/flv/affiliate/28541

There is No Ice Cream in the Champagne Room at the Ceremony #55
http://one.revver.com/watch/166473/flv/affiliate/28541

Last edited by lordgreystoke422 on Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:15 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Cassies_Head
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched Death of a President when it was on More4 over here in the UK, it was actually very interesting. You shouldn't judge what you haven't even seen.
lordgreystoke422
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cassies_Head wrote:
I watched Death of a President when it was on More4 over here in the UK, it was actually very interesting. You shouldn't judge what you haven't even seen.

I knew someone from the another country than the US..and I had the UK in mind would probably think it was fine. I am sure a movie simulating a man molesting his infant child because he too was molested as a child would be interesting to some..but I don't need to see it to known that it would make me SICK. Now please NOBODY respond here move to here where I have started a thread for this.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
UpbeatMarshWiggle
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cassies_Head wrote:

You need to cut us (conservative Americans) some slack here. This has upset a lot of people in the US. Assassination of a president is a very real concern, and some of us are old enough to remember the horrific realities of the past 50 years.

Making a film that uses the premise of the killing of an actual head of state is a rotten idea.

I agree with lordgreystoke. And I'd be just as upset if the film were about Tony Blair or Elizabeth II.

UMW
lordgreystoke422
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PLEASE move dicussion to this thread before this takes over here..

This is my last response/attempt redirect to the right thread that I will post here...
I hope I have not created a monster.

UpbeatMarshWiggle wrote:
Cassies_Head wrote:

You need to cut us (conservative Americans) some slack here. This has upset a lot of people in the US. Assassination of a president is a very real concern, and some of us are old enough to remember the horrific realities of the past 50 years.

Making a film that uses the premise of the killing of an actual head of state is a rotten idea.

I agree with lordgreystoke. And I'd be just as upset if the film were about Tony Blair or Elizabeth II.

UMW

lordgreystoke422
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed someone else mention this.. She didn't prove science wrong in any way. This was more of an interesting factoid type video.

Steph1636
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG!! I loved this video! I really missed the old corkey fun vlogs. Bree and Daniel are back together so that made me happy Very Happy I am so glad they are going back to the old style!
lordgreystoke422
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

house wrote:
It's NOT a globe base. The globe's base is attached. WHAT IS THAT THING?

It's called an ALARM CLOCK...see...back before the digital computer age..clocks had BELLS on them.

thejyav
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

house wrote:
thejyav wrote:
house wrote:
This probably has absolutely no relevance, but I'm going to put it here anyway.

The time on the clock was 7:10. Interestingly, if you were at the latitude of Roanoke, VA the sunset occured at 7:10pm on October 28, 2006. Roanoke Island is also, I believe, around 76 degrees, longitudinally, west, on the globe. Roanoke has it's own history of lost peoples.

Thats interesting though the creators haven't really come through with many payoffs to these clues yet. I guess the main thing I'm thinking of is the B&E into Lucy's place. Unless I'm missing something nothing has come of all those google maps. I know there is such things as pacing and story telling but I worry that they are going to A. do nothing with this stuff or B. payoff to many clues at one time towards the end that nobody but the most devoted of fans will be able to keep up with.

*nod* I agree.
I just noted that the clocks were set up on opposite sides of the globe, like sunrise and sunset. Thought I'd see what significance the 7:10 could have. Wink

of course the clocks could mean nothing more than the video came out the day we have to turn our clocks back...either that or the creators are huge coldplay fans
thejyav
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

savingbree wrote:
On the subject of time.

Though I am not certain it is appropriate to post this here, there is a tie in of time with videos posted by what is assumed to be "The Order", under the heading of OpAphid.

As we speak, there is a video loading as OpAphid's profile changed to "The time is now".

I wonder if these cryptic messages are a result of something that has happened, and they are being required to act normally, and are sending us a message under the nose of "The Order".. If the Order knows about Daniel, they may know about the videos, and Bree's videos.. and they are watching!

Perhaps we are on the verge of seeing OpAphid become canon?

Hmmm... (Brain very tired, must not be held accountable for wild speculation!)

Though I don't claim to be an expert on OpAphid and have not watched the new one but most of those videos the visual content and textual content are not very related. What I'm saying is it's not hard for them to take the same video of the floating in water girl, wait for a new bree video, spend a couple hours reading the LG15 board, find out what people are reading into the videos and then play on those suspicions by tossing some text on there.

Having said that I am impresed by the quality of what they have done. However it could easily be a couple of friends at a film school.
Lilly_Avenrose
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all I am a first time poster, but I just couldn't help myself on this one.

Here is what I think, and forgive me if this view has already been expressed. I think that maybe this video had a more symbolic meaning than what it was, regarding what Bree said about not knowing where you are.

"If you don't know where you are then you don't know where you're going..."

Maybe this is a message from the creators that they don't know what we (the audience) want. Possibly it could mean that they are not sure if we know where we think the story is and because of that they as the creators do not know where the story is at this point, so because of this they are not sure where they are going with the story.

I am probably way off base with this one, but I have been watching the forums so long that I felt that I had to say something. (Also I am not ignoring the issue of Time in the video but maybe they are telling us that time is running out... I am not sure how long the contracts that the actors had to sign were for but maybe it is getting close to the end of the contracts.)
thejyav
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: Code to be broken? Reply with quote

SharpI wrote:
Okay folks, listen up. Look at this exchange from the "Proving Longitude Wrong" vlog posts:

Quote:
#34 Me Says:
October 28th, 2006 at 9:24 pm

TIME

TIME

TIME

Quote:
#43 Me Says:
October 28th, 2006 at 9:31 pm

TIME?
Pay Attention Folks…..
Sheesh

Quote:
#46 QuickClick Says:
October 28th, 2006 at 9:32 pm

Okay, I get that Daniel is reading Time magazine and I see the clocks (7:10, 7:12) but what does it mean?

Quote:
#48 Me Says:
October 28th, 2006 at 9:33 pm

Thats for Me to know and you to find out…

Good Luck

Nite

Now, you should know that "Me" is under suspicion in the vlogs for posting rah-rah LG15 material - that is, under suspicion of being a Creator or a Creator henchman.

So what does TIME TIME TIME mean? I thought first that it's a phone number - 710-712-TIME - but that turns out to be dead (and unlikely to be a solution, since the 710 area code is the U.S. Government).

I did notice that 710-712 contains the recurrence of the ceremony date ("10-12") but unsure what that gets us... except that Daniel pointing to England in the video may indicate support for "10-12-06" meaning December 10, 2006 (that's how the English would write that date).

I really want to think there's a solution here, where if you solve the puzzle and call the number/find the webpage/locate the geocache/whatever and give them your longitude, you get a LonelyGirl15 t-shirt. Any ideas?

So the other two numbers are 7 and 7 does this mean something happened in 19 77 ?
thejyav
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

essie wrote:
Back to the story being more upbeat and happy. Yet does anyone think her story she told about longitude seems to be a clue?

2 girls survivors.. ( Bree and Gemma )
man with emerald ring that gets murdered for it ( Daniel? )

I really would hate it with Daniel got killed of the series.

Just my two cents.

Not bad that sounds pretty decent
Sami
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:16 am    Post subject: daniel Reply with quote

daniel is back for real, and I am so happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: