Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0061 Proving Longitude Wrong [10/28/06]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kimmi-Chan
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cassies_Head wrote:
I watched Death of a President when it was on More4 over here in the UK, it was actually very interesting. You shouldn't judge what you haven't even seen.

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to judge. I may be a democrat, and Bush isn't my favorite president of all time, but honestly I think it's wrong to watch a video of the simulation of the leader of my country being killed...it's wrong.
Kimmi-Chan
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there any signifigance in the issue of time that daniel was reading or was the signifigance that it was "TIME"?
thejyav
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deagol wrote:
thejyav wrote:
Nobody is going to point out how this person posted their first 3 messages today, all of which are very info heavy and just happened to be post at the exact time they needed to be for some of it to be relevant? If deagol is not a creator my apologizes to you but I'm pretty convinced at this point. I those posts and thought wow...they aren't even trying to hide that it's them. Again if your not a creator my apologizes but perhaps you should post some "OMG LOL THOR's SOOOO CUTE" stuff before posting a page worth of mindblowingly indepth content.

LOL I'm not related in any way to the creators, no need to apologize.

I've been lurking and reading up on all this LG15 stuff for the last week or two, a noob if you will. I'm fascinated with the social experiment aspect of this project. I never felt I had anything interesting to contribute that hadn't been mentioned by someone before, until last night. If I don't have anything worthwhile to say, I rather not distract the forum. I think most here wouldn't care much about a "OMG LOL THOR's SOOOO CUTE" post.
Very true, I felt weird saying it at all. IF anything its a compliment that I thought only someone behind all this could have come up with as much good information as you
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thejyav wrote:
deagol wrote:
thejyav wrote:
Nobody is going to point out how this person posted their first 3 messages today, all of which are very info heavy and just happened to be post at the exact time they needed to be for some of it to be relevant? If deagol is not a creator my apologizes to you but I'm pretty convinced at this point. I those posts and thought wow...they aren't even trying to hide that it's them. Again if your not a creator my apologizes but perhaps you should post some "OMG LOL THOR's SOOOO CUTE" stuff before posting a page worth of mindblowingly indepth content.

I've been lurking and reading up on all this LG15 stuff for the last week or two, a noob if you will. I'm fascinated with the social experiment aspect of this project. I never felt I had anything interesting to contribute that hadn't been mentioned by someone before, until last night. If I don't have anything worthwhile to say, I rather not distract the forum. I think most here wouldn't care much about a "OMG LOL THOR's SOOOO CUTE" post.
Very true, I felt weird saying it at all. IF anything its a compliment that I thought only someone behind all this could have come up with as much good information as you

Yes, I was indeed flattered.

It would be so cool to play this in such an active role as the creators (or be brought in as canon). To think that I might have what it takes to generate such depth of content and connections as the CiW or HSA or OpAphid fanfics, it's saying a lot. Unfortunately, I wouldn't have the time or the resources to pull it off satisfactorily. But yea I try to dig deep.

Darn, this morning I realized my Longitude book is in storage, the result of moving 4 times in the last 7 years. Oh well.
JanLeSueur
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JanLeSueur wrote:
nobackspacebutton wrote:
The only thing I can logically think of from the time..

7, 10, 12

12/10/07

December 10th 2007.

I posted my own theory regarding the time here: http://lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2555

I have added to my post since there was some confusion over it.
Lurker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Languorous Lass wrote:
I do have something that I hope is somewhat useful to add, though: seeing the reference to WATCHMEN, I went to my bookshelf and started flipping through my copy for references that might connect with lg15. I don't want to spoil the book for anyone who hasn't read it, so I'll just say this: the overall theme is about how people who initially seem like heroes can betray others, sometimes in horrifying ways; that the reverse can also happen, and that those who seem psychopathic can turn out in the end to be driven by a moral sense. There's a subplot about a ship attacked by pirates; the sole survivor battles desperately to get back to his hometown to warn the residents that they are about to be attacked, only to discover that he has been deluded, and that he has been separated from the rest of humanity in a horrifying fashion.

Oh, and one of the good guys is named Dan, referred to by one of the other characters as "Daniel."

Yeah, I meant to mention the "Daniel" connection earlier. Good call. Also, Watchmen's Daniel was a tech genius while LG15's Daniel has been portrayed as tech-savvy at the very least (though Bree's YouTube profile actually refers to him as a "computer genius"). With all the time references that have suddenly popped up, and with how important their imagery was in Watchmen, I can't help but think the use of the name "Daniel" and his field of expertise was deliberate, especially since Watchmen is one of LG15 Daniel's favorite books.

Your reference to the book's idea of doing bad things with good intentions might be referring to the Order. Maybe whatever it is they're trying to do is something they believe will truly help the world as a whole, but they're willing to do whatever they have to in order to get to that point (which, again, should sound familiar to anyone familiar with Watchmen). I think that would be a good angle to take this, just so that the Order isn't depicted as two-dimensional bad guys. I just hope the ending of LG15 is as kind to this Daniel as Watchmen's was to that one.

Kimmi-Chan wrote:
is there any signifigance in the issue of time that daniel was reading or was the signifigance that it was "TIME"?

I think somebody said that that issue is the most recent one, so it's probably just the title itself that's significant.
robtomorrow
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I'm going to mention this one more time since nobody seems to be paying attention. In the last video Bree used the title of Deacon to refer to the people that her parents were going to talk to, The Deacons are also mentioned in the summary of THIS video it is also one of the Youtube tags, so that is three times. It seems to me it is a clue.

Deacon is not a title in Thelema except in the relation to the Gnostic Mass which was created by Aleister Crowley. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liber_XV%2C_The_Gnostic_Mass

Of course this is assuming that the plot involving the ceremony has not been dropped, otherwise who cares what the ceremony was going to be.
thejyav
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deagol wrote:
thejyav wrote:
deagol wrote:
thejyav wrote:

Yes, I was indeed flattered.

It would be so cool to play this in such an active role as the creators (or be brought in as canon). To think that I might have what it takes to generate such depth of content and connections as the CiW or HSA or OpAphid fanfics, it's saying a lot. Unfortunately, I wouldn't have the time or the resources to pull it off satisfactorily. But yea I try to dig deep.

Darn, this morning I realized my Longitude book is in storage, the result of moving 4 times in the last 7 years. Oh well.

why would someone have to move so often unless.....THEY ARE PART OF THE ORDER!!! Wink
kalli182
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just pointing out that daylight savings time began in Australia in most states this weekend...

Edit: I found bree to be a little over the top and trying a little too hard to be quirky in this vid
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robtomorrow wrote:
Ok, I'm going to mention this one more time since nobody seems to be paying attention. In the last video Bree used the title of Deacon to refer to the people that her parents were going to talk to, The Deacons are also mentioned in the summary of THIS video it is also one of the Youtube tags, so that is three times. It seems to me it is a clue.

A clue to what? What conclusions do you draw from this information? Do you think The Ceremony is the Gnostic Mass? Can you point to any information about the mass that would back up your theory?

If you've already posted this info, I apologize. It's just that when you say that "nobody seems to be paying attention," I want to know more about your theory, and you don't provide much further info in your message. (Some of my posts have gotten no response as well, so I feel your pain.)
Lilly_Avenrose
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jenfee wrote:
Lilly_Avenrose wrote:
Hi all I am a first time poster, but I just couldn't help myself on this one.

Here is what I think, and forgive me if this view has already been expressed. I think that maybe this video had a more symbolic meaning than what it was, regarding what Bree said about not knowing where you are.

"If you don't know where you are then you don't know where you're going..."

Maybe this is a message from the creators that they don't know what we (the audience) want. Possibly it could mean that they are not sure if we know where we think the story is and because of that they as the creators do not know where the story is at this point, so because of this they are not sure where they are going with the story.

I am probably way off base with this one, but I have been watching the forums so long that I felt that I had to say something. (Also I am not ignoring the issue of Time in the video but maybe they are telling us that time is running out... I am not sure how long the contracts that the actors had to sign were for but maybe it is getting close to the end of the contracts.)

Based on Yousef's comments, it doesn't look like the series is ending anytime soon.

But I definitely buy the theory that the creators don't know where the story is going. It seems like they've thrown a FEW very obvious clues into the videos (10/12, arm bandage), but I've been thinking for awhile that the real ARG aspects of this in their minds is the interactive plot writing. This is pretty much what they said when they made their first announcements about the series (they're creating a "new art form" that's "interactive").

There my be something there with the times as clues in this video, but I think the discussions on the forums about where people want to see the plot go are probably more important.

Well my time theory was more of an afterthought... I guess I was kind of in a rush to post, but thank you for responding to my comment. Wink At this point I find myself thinking that it may be a calm before the storm situation. (I think someone brought that up before, and I agree! Surprised )
ericski
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: deacon(s) Reply with quote

robtomorrow wrote:

Deacon is not a title in Thelema except in the relation to the Gnostic Mass which was created by Aleister Crowley. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liber_XV%2C_The_Gnostic_Mass

Of course this is assuming that the plot involving the ceremony has not been dropped, otherwise who cares what the ceremony was going to be.

i noticed the same thing, only i thought it significant that deacon is pluralized. the ceremony only calls for one. is there a group of deacons created by assembling folks from several different places?
nakita
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*EEEEEEEEEEE* Very Happy
I'm just thrilled to little bits and pieces that everyone is back to over-analyzing the vidoes.
That being said, I am also thrilled that Daniel is back to being his silent self on the bed. He's letting his hair grow out, and I would swear he's been working out, so now I have ANOTHER reason to watch the videos!! Embarassed
Soooooo... this was called "Proving Longitude Wrong". But, she didn't prove longitude wrong. She just proved that we need longitude, and that we shouldn't wear expensive rings when traveling.

Twisted Evil HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE! Twisted Evil

Proud member of the Jonas is Sexy Club!
robtomorrow
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: deacon(s) Reply with quote

ericski wrote:
robtomorrow wrote:

i noticed the same thing, only i thought it significant that deacon is pluralized. the ceremony only calls for one. is there a group of deacons created by assembling folks from several different places?

You are right, the ceremony only calls for one Deacon, but there are many Deacons in the Ecclesia Gnostica Catholica or the E.G.C.

"The first ordination in E.G.C. is that of the Diaconate. Second Degree initiates of O.T.O. who have been confirmed in E.G.C. can be ordained as Deacons, whose principal duties are to assist the Priesthood."

http://www.thelemapedia.org/index.php/Ecclesia_Gnostica_Catholica
thejyav
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've gotten spoiled i'm all disappointed its been a day without a video.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: