Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A plea for bringing the chat back to the forums..
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
horcruxes
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

helix52 wrote:
I don't really see how the forums are slow. We don't want everyday chat going on here, just posting of information, and collaboration on figuring out the clues..

word.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
evaB
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
what sucks?

Real time stuff going on in chat while I should be asleep! Usually I check the forums in the morning to see what happened overnight, but I can't do that w/IRC. Crying or Very sad
Captious
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't see how forums are slower than chat? If everything people thought of in the chat was posted here you'd never be able to find anything b/c you'd spend so much time wading through it all. And being able to interact in real time is useful. I don't understand why the people who are so convinced the chat is keeping something from them don't go to the chat.
helix52
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captious- unless you are able to be IRC day and nite, you will miss ideas, discoveries.. You can obviously post here, so why not post your findings here as well?

Team OpAphid

"Never interrupt a voodoo doctor."
"When forging a letter to nab a perp, be sure to use grammar and spelling appropriate to the education level of the person you're impersonating."
Cu_Roi
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capt is right. There is the same amount of chaff in Chat as in the Forum.

The point is, though, that we need to cut down on the chaff here in the Forum. The reason that there isn't that much activity here on the forums anymore is because no one wants to wade through 40 single sentence posts of nonsense to get to the 1 post that has the information they need to read.

The only ones who can change that is the community itself. The Mods can slap wrists and move posts, but they're donating their time to do so, and it won't cure the problem.

As I suggested before, you should use all the lines of communication at your disposal. The Forums are to place your composed thoughts and speculation. You're abusing the Forum if a thread looks like a chatroom log.

If you want to bring it back, then start self-regulating.

No trout.
Minimal chit-chat.
Think before you post.

This is like a public park. No one will want to come here if it's covered in litter.
"Death, in the strict sense, cannot be defined, for whatever predicate we, the living, attribute to it necessarily belongs to Life. This means that Death, as a category, behaves in a manner indistinguishable from the Infinite, and from God."
helix52
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cu- that is what I am attempting to do. No bullsh*t. Just ideas, clues, findings.

Team OpAphid

"When forging a letter to nab a perp, be sure to use grammar and spelling appropriate to the education level of the person you're impersonating."
covedweller

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen way more clutter in the chat and people stuck on the same points, again and again and again.

It just seems like a bad place to limit information to, since the lurker impact is so big on these types of things.
Captious
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helix that is what I am telling you. People ARE posting their discoveries in here. What you think you're missing you're not. It's not that there are secrets in chat it's that there are secrets in the game. Some things are supposed to be kept quiet. Which is lame I agree but it isn't because of the chat. Unless you can stop people from having side conversations etc. the forums are too cluttered for us to focus here instead of chat. I happen to be someone w/ very limited internet time and I can tell you right now I don't have time to dig through the forums b/c I'm not on day and night. Cu's right. The forums should be as streamlined as possible.
helix52
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I'm not missing anything, I can go look at the chat. I have been in chat. But some cannot. Plus, OpAphid said she wanted the forums to be used.

That is it. That is all I have to say on this topic. FIN!

Team OpAphid

Cu_Roi
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helix, Cove, and anyone else...at what point in any post on this thread have I disagreed with the topic?

I'm offering constructive criticism and trying to help.

I've done nothing but encourage the members of #Cassieiswatching, #Watchers & #OpAphid to post the important information in this forum.

I'm not arguing against an increase of use in the forum...I'm trying to work towards realizing it.
"Death, in the strict sense, cannot be defined, for whatever predicate we, the living, attribute to it necessarily belongs to Life. This means that Death, as a category, behaves in a manner indistinguishable from the Infinite, and from God."
helix52
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cu- I never thought you were criticising.. I know you are trying to help.

Team OpAphid

Cu_Roi
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent!

Then unless someone has more to add, or improments to make on my suggestion for action, shall we turn our attention from here and towards discovering information that we can post?

Of course if anyone has a better idea than mine, that's even more welcome!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: