Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dick Bruna

View previous topic :: View next topic  
taiya
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject: Dick Bruna Reply with quote

The illustrator of the post card is Dick Bruno and the image is from his miffy books. I found this information about how he works on the www.miffy.com. There is no specific url for this page, it's under the about section - making a book. He sticks to a very specific format when making a book and I thought it might be relevant:

... There are always 12 illustrations on the right page and a poem of 4 lines on the left page.

When Dick works on a new book, he divides the storyline into 12 sections, together with 12 pencil sketches. Then he paints the black line (the outline) and puts the result on film. Underneath the film, a transparent illustration, he is able to apply the colours he wishes to use.
Captious
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read all this too when we first saw the image for the postcard. I even searched "Time to Go?" w/ Miffy and there was some book that came up on a Christian book site similar to Amazon but there weren't enough sample pages for me to read it all. hehe
taiya
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just looked at that. I like that you can set the clock yourself Smile

What I found interesting about that description is that Tachyon's video's are sets of lines and the the set of 5 opaphid video's that gave the phone number clues are the same film, but coloured differently. I don't know if it is a clue or not, but opaphid does seem to create video's within a structure, pretty much like a set of illustrations.
hellokitty
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love miffy so much, seriously. she turned 50 recently! looks good for her age Laughing when i clicked on the link and it was a pic of miffy i thought i had done something wrong Embarassed
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellokitty wrote:
i love miffy so much, seriously. she turned 50 recently! looks good for her age Laughing when i clicked on the link and it was a pic of miffy i thought i had done something wrong Embarassed

Me too. I have kids, so we watch Miffy cartoons.

Note to self: do not click links before coffee.
hellokitty
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ziola wrote:
hellokitty wrote:

Me too. I have kids, so we watch Miffy cartoons.

Note to self: do not click links before coffee.

hehe, i don't have kids i just love kitch stuff and cartoons, which you could probably guess from the hellokitty Very Happy
Caroline
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh miffy is so so cute. I had a miffy lunchbox at school
Scalare
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, I got read miffy (nijntje) stories as a small kid too. It was so great, eventually I learned all the books I had by heart Smile

Anyway, the most important thing we can learn from Dick Bruna in relation to OpAphid, I think, is that he's an artist who always uses a lot of pictograms. When he draws a dog, there is no doubt about it that it is a dog, and not a horse or a cat. It's crystal clear. No doubt at all. They are universally understandable SYMBOLS.

And furthermore.. When he began he drew for example a dog. Teh way that dog was drawn would NEVER change, even in stories which were created 40 years after the original dog was put to paper. Sometimes he'd change the face of the dog to make him seem happy or sad, but he never changed the dog itself. Dick understands that for SYMBOLS to be UNDERSTOOD, they should not be ambigue and NEVER CHANGE.

That's what I think is one of the most important clues that lies in the postcard.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: