Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[SPEC] Analyzing the clues [DROP] 11/4/06
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
covedweller

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, since both Craigslist posts were to clarify the drop. Any new insights/updates?
BubbleYum211
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, well like I said, I could just be rambling and this all was proven to be right... LOL, Im going through all the posts now as I havent been on for a little bit and as we all know if you leave for a day or so you have a bajillion pages to catch up on. Anyhow, thanks for letting me know that it was relivent! Very Happy
HeWhoMustNotBeNamed
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:41 am    Post subject: I hope this helps Reply with quote

I have been attempting to analyse the number list on the bookmark.

I don't think the numbers have anything to do with "The Book Of The Law." It defeats the purpose of using a coded message if one also leaves a copy of the primer to decode the message.

Here's what I do believe: The numbers are related to YouTube playlists.

For those of you who haven't noticed, every channel on YT has a list of links near the top: Channel, Videos, Playlists, Groups, etc. Lonelygirl15's playlist is chronological; all the videos on the list are in the order they were posted. OpAphid's playlist isn't chronological; Op adds vids to her playlist in a different order.

I had been examinging these playlists before the Tachyon drop because I thought it was an avenue of analysis that had previously been overlooked. True to form, Op added "The Action of an Enemy - Be Careful" to the list in front of another video.

Here is what I noticed in the order, no pun intended. (I am numbering these here, although the playlist itself doesn't number them.)

4. They Attack Cassie! Is Daniel next? He crossed the line.
5. Cassie Is Lying, Cassie Tells Lies
6. What ever happened to that girl, Cassie?
7. Which Side Are You On? (Keep This In Mind)
8. Disclosure: Cassie. We Are "They"
9. The Action of an Enemy - Be Careful

These videos YT tags correspond to lonelygirl15's tags for the following videos:

52. Following The Helper
51. I Completed The Ceremony!
47. Zodiac of Denderah
56. I'm Hiding Out
58. I Lied To Daniel
63. Proving Longitude Wrong

Rearranging Op's videos in lonelygirl15's order produces:

So anyone who has seen the "<" symbol on the bookmark can see why this order struck me. I think that Tachyon was using that mark to tell the intended recipient of the message the correct order of the numbers, and that they correspond to videos on Op's playlist.
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: I hope this helps Reply with quote

HeWhoMustNotBeNamed wrote:

I don't think the numbers have anything to do with "The Book Of The Law." It defeats the purpose of using a coded message if one also leaves a copy of the primer to decode the message.

For those of you who haven't noticed, every channel on YT has a list of links near the top: Channel, Videos, Playlists, Groups, etc. Lonelygirl15's playlist is chronological; all the videos on the list are in the order they were posted. OpAphid's playlist isn't chronological; Op adds vids to her playlist in a different order.

I had been examinging these playlists before the Tachyon drop because I thought it was an avenue of analysis that had previously been overlooked. True to form, Op added "The Action of an Enemy - Be Careful" to the list in front of another video.

Here is what I noticed in the order, no pun intended. (I am numbering these here, although the playlist itself doesn't number them.)

These videos YT tags correspond to lonelygirl15's tags for the following videos:

52. Following The Helper
47. Zodiac of Denderah
56. I'm Hiding Out
58. I Lied To Daniel

So anyone who has seen the "<" symbol on the bookmark can see why this order struck me. I think that Tachyon was using that mark to tell the intended recipient of the message the correct order of the numbers, and that they correspond to videos on Op's playlist.

That is a very interesting theory, and I think you might be on to something...
Six
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your theory would also explain why OpAphid has Tach's vid under her video posts (as if Op had posted it). I was wondering why OpAphid had done that. Also, on Op's page, Tachyon's name is in brackets [tachyon], just like the other members of OpAphid's group.....weird.
ixlr8
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: I hope this helps Reply with quote

Ziola wrote:
HeWhoMustNotBeNamed wrote:

52. Following The Helper
47. Zodiac of Denderah
56. I'm Hiding Out
58. I Lied To Daniel

That is a very interesting theory, and I think you might be on to something...

I have to disagree with you there. The numbers that are on the bookmark are supposed to be her notes on The Book of Law, meaning that she's highlighted relevant passages to the information she's gathering, and is passing the info to her brother, who, mind you, obviously isn't too bright. I really think we're trying to read too deep into this.
evaB
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I'm of the feeling that the notes on the bookmark are just that--notes. I'm going to try to collect what we have from Op about the notes here to review... They are all similar, but have enough differences in detail that I think it's worth looking at them together.

Current profile reads:
Quote:
Oh dear. Now that the pieces of Tachyon's cryptic messages are decoded, what do they mean?

which, as others have pointed out, probably means that there's no more decoding to do, just analysis.

YT msg to me
Quote:
I believe the book may have been her narrow interpetation of things. And since the book should not be written in, or kept, per Crowley's instruction, the noted pages make sense.

It certainly is ONE interpetation of Crowley's text, I suppose.

Similar to NASAboy
Quote:
I do believe the book was her narrow interpetation of Crowley's writings and trying to put them in some sort of context via her notes. Her viewpoints are certainly is one way to interpet it.

Similar to SP
Quote:
I do believe they are her notes and interpretations of how it might apply from her viewpoint. It certainly is a narrow view to have, but she is entitled to be wrong (as is anyone).

to Ladron
Quote:
I think Tachyon's latest message to her brother communicates the nature of her notes and the book.

Of course, "Book of the Law" is an appropriately clever choice on her part.

So, is the "message to her brother" the decoded part of the craislist thing, that says they have to let "him" (Daniel?) know he's being tracked? What does that have to do with the nature of the notes and the book?

Sorry if people feel it's redundant to post all this again. I just needed to collect what we know about the notes. Anyone have anything to add?
covedweller

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with EvaB. I think everyone is OVERanalyzing some things that are pretty obvious. Re-read the passages those #'s correspond to. It all pretty much relates to OpAphid and LG15/Danielbeast.

The Craigslist posts seem like Tachyon's way of clarifying that for us. OpAphid can be on and respond to our messages, but in-game we have to realize that Tachyon's brother is who she thinks is helping her (not us). And since Tachyon is on the road, she can't be on signed into YouTube giving us hints.

Maybe OpAphid's freak-out the other night was the only way OpAphid could help US solve Tachyon's puzzle?
ixlr8
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting OpMail I'd like to share:

Mike
evaB
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, ix. Can you include your message? Just curious what you asked her...
corveau
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just a lurker here, but I just wanted to voice a real quick opinion. The numbers being passages from the book of lae just seems to easy. After everything that needed to be done to discover the messages on craigslist, this is just being handed over. I don't know what yet, but I think the numbers mean something else.
okay going back to lurking now.
covedweller

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

corveau wrote:
I am just a lurker here, but I just wanted to voice a real quick opinion. The numbers being passages from the book of lae just seems to easy. After everything that needed to be done to discover the messages on craigslist, this is just being handed over. I don't know what yet, but I think the numbers mean something else.
okay going back to lurking now.

I kind of thought the opposite.

dead drop recoveries shouldn't be incredibly difficult to figure out! Laughing
tiltingwindward
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, a big thank you to Eva for saying what she said above (and to everyone who backed her up). I'll be the first to admit that I have a tendency to go for overanalysis rather than the simpler alternatives, and I appreciate someone bringing me back down to earth. Smile

In the past, OpA's clues (and Tach's as well) have taken two forms, as far as I can tell: there's the technically complicated clue, which usually involves computer code, analysis of source codes, other techy stuff (can we tell that's not my forte?) Then, there's the textually complicated clue, which is simple to decode, but whose primary value is discovered only by in-depth textual analysis.

I think the clue we're dealing with right now is the second kind. Perhaps it is time for us to follow SadPanda's lead and put on our text analysis thinking caps? I know that's what I'll be doing...
taiya
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opaphids latest email is pretty strange. What cat has been let out of the bag? And it sounds like she does sort of want us to include Bree.

Also, why does she keep saying that the "Book of Law" is a clever choice?
covedweller

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

taiya wrote:
Opaphids latest email is pretty strange. What cat has been let out of the bag? And it sounds like she does sort of want us to include Bree.

Also, why does she keep saying that the "Book of Law" is a clever choice?

Didn't we all assume that is who Tachyon works for? "The Law?"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: