Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Centrepoint Commune

View previous topic :: View next topic  
joewho112
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: Centrepoint Commune Reply with quote

The was a commune is NZ in the 1980-90s called Centrepoint that was run by a guy named Bert Potter. He was arrested for drug possession and sexual assulting minors. This could be the commune in question. Potter was a big believer in mysticism as was Crowley.
HyeMew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ehh let's quit it with the commune talk. They probably just made one up for the videos. No need to figure out which one this fictional character may have lived at.
JCA
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait...didn't i read that these sections were created by admin? so we should talk about it right?

i was looking at Centrepoint too...going through the dates/ages Bree was there until the year 2000...not sure what month, but The Centrepoint Community was formally closed on 1 July 2000...that would be a good reason for her family to move
HyeMew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many of the categories were suggested to the admin and they made it. They said they want to have categories about what the fans are talking about. They used to talk about the commune but now that everyone know Bree is fake anyway my hypothesis that it was likely just made up for the series is more than likely.
JCA
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you probably know more than me, you a mod and me a newbie, but it does seem like the Creators were very particular with their choices...i don't think anything is random
HyeMew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I this case I don't know better than you JCA. They very well could be referring to a real one, though in the past the old forum basically went through every commune sanctioned in NZ and none fit Bree's "religion". However it could have been some small unsanctioned one, but then finding it just becomes impossible and I don't know how much we'd discovery if we did find it then. I don't think we can ever be sure either so it'd just be educated guessing.
OooSIRENooO
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although Centrepoint is classified in New Zealand as a religion, it is unique in many ways. Members consider it to be a spiritual community, with a belief that spirituality flows directly from their constant contact with Bert Potter, the self appointed guru of Centrepoint.

Bert Potter was released from jail on March 30, 1999. In a recent interview he said that he did nothing wrong and still believes that sex is appropriate with minors at the start of puberty but will follow the terms of his parole to avoid further jail time. Under the terms of his parole he must have no contact with a child under 16 years of age. He has returned to Centrepoint.

HMM....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: