Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Golden Dawn?...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charismalou
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: The Golden Dawn?... Reply with quote

I'm new here, and I must admit I just stumbled across the video's of lonely girl on Youtube, and was wondering if it was REAL! haha. Anyways, after watching allll the videos, my bf was watching here and there too, we were wondering if the Golden Dawn had been discused, as to what Bree might be involved in.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermetic_Order_of_the_Golden_Dawn

Please for give me...I'm comin in late, and this still has my head spinning!! LOL
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: The Golden Dawn?... Reply with quote

Charismalou wrote:
I'm new here, and I must admit I just stumbled across the video's of lonely girl on Youtube, and was wondering if it was REAL! haha. Anyways, after watching allll the videos, my bf was watching here and there too, we were wondering if the Golden Dawn had been discused, as to what Bree might be involved in.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermetic_Order_of_the_Golden_Dawn

Please for give me...I'm comin in late, and this still has my head spinning!! LOL

Welcome to the family! There's been alot of discussion about Thelema, Golden Dawn, and other Crowley offshoots - both real and fictional. Here's a good place to get you caught up http://lonelygirl15.com/lgpedia/index.php/Main_Page
Charismalou
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Very Happy
PushedButton
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pagan Origin Of Christianity: Pagan Denominations Dictionary on HIGH MAGICK

HIGH MAGICK: Magick that calls upon the aid of beneficent spirits and is akin to religion. It is called theurgy, from theourgia "working things pertaining to the gods". High Magick is based upon a blend of doctrines of Plato and other Greek philosophers, Oriental mysticism, Judaism and Christianity and currently is divided into three forms: Enochian, Thelemic and Eclectic. Enochian Magick originated with John Dee and Edward Kelly in the 16th century and communication with spirits involved the Nineteen Calls (or Keys): incantations in the Enchonian language, a complex language of unknown origin.

This system of Magick was revived by the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn and studied at length by Aleister Crowley. In turn, Crowley developed the Thelemic Magick system from his studies and High Magickians have since expanded to develop Eclectic Magick systems based on a variety of different systems, inclusive of Alchemy, Egyptology, Kabbalistic doctrines, Chaos Magick etc..

High Magick requires a rigorous discipline and has an intellectual appeal, the mage derives power from God (the Judeo-Christian God) through the successful control of spirits, usually demons, which are believed easier to control than angels. Demons may be good, evil, or neutral. In its highest sense, High Magick is a transcendental experience that takes the mage into mystical realms and into communication with the Higher Self. Also known as Ceremonial Magick, Ritual Magick, Theurgic Magick, Theurgy.

(See also: HIGH MAGICK , Pagan Organisations, Paganism, Pagan Dictionary, Wicca,)

http://www.experiencefestival.com/pagan_origin_of_christianity
Magesa
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks PushedButton that is very interesting and very plausible.
Lord Balto
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind that the writers of this mini soap opera don't necessarily know any more about Aleister CROWley than we do. Though Crowley went out of his way to cultivate an air of evil in the British press, I know of no indication that any of his magickal workings or initiations involved any kind of "injections." This was the first thing that bothered me when I saw my first few episodes. It's like the writers have bought into the whole Beast 666 mystique. My original take on the injections, since this appears to be some kind of initiation ceremony, was that they involved some kind of hormone therapy meant to bring the initiate (prematurely) to sexual maturity. The whole Daniel business is quite peculiar in that he seems to have no gonads at all.

It's been pointed out elsewhere on this forum that Crowley's was a masonic style organization and the OTO or Ordo Templi Orientis claims to have letters documenting their claim to be the legitimate heirs of Crowley's organization. I was apprised of this years ago in a letter from their California organization.

By the way, if it hasn't been mentioned here before, Crowley was adamant that his name be pronounced CROW-lee, like the bird, not CROWL-ee so as to rhyme with "scowl." I first ran into this while reading a biography written by the wife of Crowley's homosexual lover, so it's pretty canonical. Crowley was definitely bisexual.

SF
Lord Balto
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking further into the Enochian language, though its source is John Dee in the late 16th Century (about Shakespeare's time), it entered the mainstream of western occultism through the Hermetic ORDER of the Golden Dawn. Even Crowley got it from there. So this is a fairly general and amorphous clue, but a clue nonetheless. It places Bree's religion in the mainstream of modern Western occultism, as opposed to any non-occult religion, either Eastern or Western. And it places it on some part of the genealogical tree that descends directly from MacGregor Mathers and Co. In this light, the Crowley picture makes sense, if only as an image of a founder of a related Enochian system.

On a related note, there are actually two books of Enoch, 1 Enoch, the so-called Ethiopian Enoch, and 2 Enoch, the so-called Slavonic Enoch. These are both apocryphal works supposedly written by the patriarch Enoch, son of Jared. He is one of the ten antediluvian kings that show up in various proto-historical lists. I have enumerated these here: http://neros.lordbalto.com/ChapterEight.htm#Antediluvian
Enoch's importance is that he is supposedly taken up into heaven where he learns the secrets of the celestial sphere. There may be a tangential link here to Jonas and the Hawaiian Triangle, as well as a more direct connection to the (Round) Zodiac of Denderah. (There is also a Square Zodiac at Denderah.)
sororyzbl
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Balto, are you trying to imply that the mere word "ORDER" is a clue in any way shape or form? because if so, one could gain inference to my ORDER of a double quarter pounder with extra cheese to be a clue. Smile

The enochian doesn't spell out any particular call or aethyr, so the clue to the enochian was in its english translation.
MCH/TA,X ++ CO1,PEG/SG,W+,N++, Dd+, Dr+, A, a+, C++, G++, QH+++,666+++, Y+++
------END MAGIC CODE BLOCK------
mku77
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK This is slightly off-thread but for a great historical insight into Crowley as a real person not the myth,try this.............Fascinating stuff that came to light recently,

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8143293762070092661

["In year 2000 BBC Scotland made a short documentary about Boleskine, Crowley’s house on the banks on Loch Ness. The show was called The Other Loch Ness Monster, but the BBC have so far refused to show it outside of Scotland. Channel Four have filmed a more throughgoing documentary although broadcast has again been delayed due to editorial difficulties.
Crowley “mystical” thelemic documentary video entitled “The Other Loch Ness Monster” with appearance by Kenneth Anger."]

NB Notice the ref to starting a ceremony/ritual and not following it through...Bad things happen to you,,sound familiar????
Absynth
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Balto wrote:
The whole Daniel business is quite peculiar in that he seems to have no gonads at all.

just wondering, where have you gotten this from? he only just rescued bree from a potentially life-threatining situation, broke into the orders storage facility, infiltrated brees helpers apartment and helped expose the ceremony. what have you done lately to give you a bigger pair? sorry of that came off as rude, but thats like a personal attack on one of my boys, and that wasnt cool
One of the Cloudmakers
http://www.cloudmakers.org/guide/index3.shtml
Currently trying to crack the Publius Enigma
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broke into places that have to do with the order...twice!
the no gonads thing..doens't make sense.

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SapereAudeo
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure how many of you follow the video comment board, but comment 751 under "Truth or Dare" claims to have traced the IP address of the Deacons to the headquarters of the Golden Dawn.

('The Deacons' is a screen name that periodically leaves coded messages under the videos. Not sure if they're canon or not, but I thought the connection is interesting.)
Flyup
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting...

My Uncle Chic and Tabby actually wrote this book, The Golden Dawn.
If you'd like some information about it just message me.

Why is there a thread to discuss religion? especially for a show who is trying to profit off of a "16" year old girl. This forum topic is childish.
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so you've posted twice and both posts are negative...if you have honest questions, please visit the new members part of the forum and we can help you to catch up and answer any questions you might have. Simply posting negative things will encourage people to attack you. I'm not threatening you, just letting you know. People around here tend to get defensive when they think someone has just shown up to post negative thoughts.
tannhaus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flyup wrote:
My Uncle Chic and Tabby actually wrote this book, The Golden Dawn.

Although I'd have a hard time believing they'd actually be the aunt and uncle of someone on these boards, I had the chance to speak to Chic Cicero on the phone around 1990 or so. They were both very nice people.

So, if that is the case, it's very cool.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Her Religion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: