Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scheduling
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Scheduling Reply with quote

I'm sure some people will disagree with this, but I have a suggestion. If this type of thing takes off and you end up doing another similar project, I think it should be on a more regulated schedule...or at the least, I think the fans should have some indication of when the next episodes will be out. I understand wanting to build suspense. I'm sure someone will make that argument, but I think you could still skip a week or a couple days (depending on how the schedule is) and tell us you're doing so. I know they do that on network television sometimes...and it seems to work. And, yes, I know this is supposed to be like someone's real blog, which probably wouldn't be posted in a certain formatted schedule, but once the fans are aware that it's not real, I think it would be a deserved courtesy to have some kind of idea when new videos will be posted. That's just my opinion. I think I'm probably not alone in being frustrated by the randomness of the posts and the uncertainty of it all.
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Scheduling Reply with quote

spaciegirl wrote:
I'm sure some people will disagree with this, but I have a suggestion. If this type of thing takes off and you end up doing another similar project, I think it should be on a more regulated schedule...or at the least, I think the fans should have some indication of when the next episodes will be out. I understand wanting to build suspense. I'm sure someone will make that argument, but I think you could still skip a week or a couple days (depending on how the schedule is) and tell us you're doing so. I know they do that on network television sometimes...and it seems to work. And, yes, I know this is supposed to be like someone's real blog, which probably wouldn't be posted in a certain formatted schedule, but once the fans are aware that it's not real, I think it would be a deserved courtesy to have some kind of idea when new videos will be posted. That's just my opinion. I think I'm probably not alone in being frustrated by the randomness of the posts and the uncertainty of it all.

Hmmm. Don't you think the randomness and uncertainty kinda add to the entertainment value? I mean if we all knew in advance, these discussion boards would be bare until the day of the next vid. Half the fun is having conversations between vids with interesting folks... like you.
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do understand that, but I think people would still talk and theorize about the installments if they were more scheduled....I guess you're right that, perhaps, the forum would not be as active. I wonder if, in the future, there would even be an official forum set up to coincide with the project or if this is here for the creators' benefit becuase this is so new. I don't know. All I know is that I'd appreciate knowing when the next video is coming...even if it was still kept somehwat vague like "3 a week"..but you wouldn't know which days. It also irritates me when they come out in the middle of the night and I miss the initial discussions. I think if people knew when they were coming, the boards might be more active at times becuase we'd all know when to be on. Look at all the people who have Desperate Housewives get-togethers every week...or Project Runway..stuff like that. I would still come to the forum, especially becuase no one I know in real life watches this.
silvermoon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spaciegirl wrote:
I do understand that, but I think people would still talk and theorize about the installments if they were more scheduled....I guess you're right that, perhaps, the forum would not be as active. I wonder if, in the future, there would even be an official forum set up to coincide with the project or if this is here for the creators' benefit becuase this is so new. I don't know. All I know is that I'd appreciate knowing when the next video is coming...even if it was still kept somehwat vague like "3 a week"..but you wouldn't know which days. It also irritates me when they come out in the middle of the night and I miss the initial discussions. I think if people knew when they were coming, the boards might be more active at times becuase we'd all know when to be on. Look at all the people who have Desperate Housewives get-togethers every week...or Project Runway..stuff like that. I would still come to the forum, especially becuase no one I know in real life watches this.

I absolutely agree. It isn't like the creators are making money off the forums, right? Who cares if they are a little slow between videos? The people who like to come and play will still come and play. For those of us who don't want to sit on the computer all day, but keep running back just in case something posts, it's a little annoying (I'm still here, though, aren't I? lol)

I would love to have a schedule of somesort, even a loose one, for when the videos would go up.
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You also have to consider that none of the suspense is really created by the creators - it's all created by us.

- They post a little innocuous vid and we pick it apart for clues.
- They tried to go back to "Proving Science Wrong" and we just about burned the place down.

This is the only point where I believe they are deliberately waiting - a cliffhanger, so to speak. Don't be surprised if there's another Gemma vid before we hear from Bree or Daniel - a "Bree, we're starting to get a little worried" teaser.

Plus, they are probably waiting for some additional input from us into the plotline so they know where to take this.
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God I wish that last part weren't true..
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spaciegirl wrote:
God I wish that last part weren't true..

But deep down inside... you know it is.
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel dirty.
Dannie717
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a schedule would be nice, even if, as you said, it's loose. It would be nice to know when the next vid would be, instead of just constantly refreshing. Razz
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe a simple email notification system would work. It would certainly cut down everyone hitting refresh all the time.
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey...look everyone, Joey Lawrence is on TV dancing in a little sparkly sailor outfit. I've been in gay bars from here to San Francisco, and this may be the queerest thing I've ever seen..
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spaciegirl wrote:
Hey...look everyone, Joey Lawrence is on TV dancing in a little sparkly sailor outfit. I've been in gay bars from here to San Francisco, and this may be the queerest thing I've ever seen..

HAHA! I was thinking the same exact thing. That was the most "flamboyant" sailor suit I've ever seen.
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is soooooo creepy and weird..I do not understand how some women think he's attractive. I'm gonna have nightmares.
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spaciegirl wrote:
He is soooooo creepy and weird..I do not understand how some women think he's attractive. I'm gonna have nightmares.

Hey, you've jacked your own thread. Laughing
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well at least I didn't let someone else do it. I'm suprised more people didn't comment here and get all crazy defending the creators.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: