Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Admin. About chat.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TJ Marsh
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Admin. About chat. Reply with quote

Im Lost. any other wayz?

Explanation: There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.

Try the following:
Refresh page: Search for the page again by clicking the Refresh button. The timeout may have occurred due to Internet congestion.
Check spelling: Check that you typed the Web page address correctly. The address may have been mistyped.
Access from a link: If there is a link to the page you are looking for, try accessing the page from that link.
If you are still not able to view the requested page, try contacting your administrator or Helpdesk.

Technical Information (for support personnel)
Error Code: 502 Proxy Error. The ISA Server denied the specified Uniform Resource Locator (URL). (12202)
IP Address: 10.255.251.6
Date: 11/6/2006 8:03:46 PM
Server: librsproxy2
Source: proxy
twjaniak
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Admin. About chat. Reply with quote

Iris2009 wrote:
Im Lost. any other wayz?

Explanation: There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.

Try the following:
Refresh page: Search for the page again by clicking the Refresh button. The timeout may have occurred due to Internet congestion.
Check spelling: Check that you typed the Web page address correctly. The address may have been mistyped.
Access from a link: If there is a link to the page you are looking for, try accessing the page from that link.
If you are still not able to view the requested page, try contacting your administrator or Helpdesk.

Error Code: 502 Proxy Error. The ISA Server denied the specified Uniform Resource Locator (URL). (12202)

It looks like the proxy server in your library is keeping you from making the necessary connection. You will need to contact the IT department in charge of your library's Internet access for futher support.
TJ Marsh
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Admin. About chat. Reply with quote

twjaniak wrote:
Iris2009 wrote:
Im Lost. any other wayz?

Try the following:

It looks like the proxy server in your library is keeping you from making the necessary connection. You will need to contact the IT department in charge of your library's Internet access for futher support.

Well, ill talk to them when i get a chance.

Thanks twjaniak.
your a good admin.
Lizard219
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: Good Suggestion on Video Comments Reply with quote

Character chat

Suggestion from the Video Comments

Spiletta42 (send note) Says:
November 28th, 2006 at 8:08 pm
Creators,

Little suggestion for the next chat: IRC. Moderated so users must be voiced to speak. Then when someone proves themselves stupid, they can be devoiced. Or everyone could be voiceless except those deemed useful to the plot.
Jengels2002
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way you guys handled the Frank chat worked well. You allowed only certain people to talk while the others watched.

Maybe next time you could pick people at random and have all others watch.

http://www.youtube.com/group/GemmaSucks
Way2Curious
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jengels2002 wrote:
The way you guys handled the Frank chat worked well. You allowed only certain people to talk while the others watched.

Maybe next time you could pick people at random and have all others watch.

Maybe they could do a vote on the forums, for who gets to talk in the next chat (Like choosing representives)? That way nobody could say that anyone was playing favorites or being unfair? Or maybe swap smaller groups of users in and out?
trunbuns
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think to not announce it in a video would be a good start, have bree announce it in the bree chat section instead. that would keep a lot of the youtube morons out for a start
trunbuns
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

way2curious wrote:
Maybe they could do a vote on the forums, for who gets to talk in the next chat (Like choosing representives)? That way nobody could say that anyone was playing favorites or being unfair? Or maybe swap smaller groups of users in and out?

i think to have a thread devoted to the suggestion of questions would be better, and those with the best questions could join in the chat. if we had a poll like you suggest then it's more of a popularity contest than anything else and the questions asked would not necessarily be the best
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trunbuns wrote:
i think to not announce it in a video would be a good start, have bree announce it in the bree chat section instead. that would keep a lot of the youtube morons out for a start

Isn't part of the goal to increase the fanbase? Posting it in a video is how you accomplish that. Once the new software is up and operational, the chat can be moderated and should be alot more fluid.
chicky88
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jengels2002 wrote:

Two big reasons that Frank chat went so well:

1. Not nearly as big of a crowd.

2. It wasn't run by this site. That was all completely separate (remember, CIW wasn't part of LG15) and handled by the folks on IRC, some of whom had been parts of ARGs before and knew what they were doing when it came to handling things like giving voice, crowd control, etc.
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know nothing about the "Frank chat," so I don't know how it was handled. My suggestion is different from any of the others that have been posted here so far.

Newspapers like the Washington Post have an entire "Live Online" section. People who want to participate in each chat do so anonymously. There's no need to let certain people participate and keep others out; everyone who visits the chat page can see what's going on. Questions and comments are submitted to a moderator, who selects the best ones and passes them to the main host or hosts to answer. Only the selected questions/comments and the hosts' answers are posted for everyone to see. To see each new set of questions/comments and answers, readers hit the F5 button to refresh.

I participate in a specific, hour-long WashPost chat on a regular basis. The host and moderator have mentioned numerous times that they get over three thousand questions, on average, during that hour. Yet the chat is quite orderly, not to mention extremely entertaining. And no cleanup is necessary at the end; when the chat is closed, it immediately becomes the transcript.

I know that the LG15 admin team has been working on its own chat software, and I have no idea whether the WashPost software bears any resemblance to the planned LG15 stuff. But if the software you all have been working on doesn't turn out the way you'd hoped, you might think about trying whatever the WashPost uses.
milowent
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Languorous Lass wrote:
Newspapers like the Washington Post have an entire "Live Online" section. People who want to participate in each chat do so anonymously. There's no need to let certain people participate and keep others out; everyone who visits the chat page can see what's going on. Questions and comments are submitted to a moderator, who selects the best ones and passes them to the main host or hosts to answer. Only the selected questions/comments and the hosts' answers are posted for everyone to see. To see each new set of questions/comments and answers, readers hit the F5 button to refresh.

i agree something like this would work great. frankly, most people need to be silenced somehow or the temptation to make crazy posts is too overwhelming for many people. and i think the chats should be mentioned in the vids, once the new chat interface has been road tested, because they should be widely attended events. i bet way over 1,000 people would have been in there last night watching if the capability had existed. i hope to see it soon! no one ever knows for sure when a new lg15 video is coming, which is unusual compared to TV, and kind of fun. i wonder what audience they can pull in all at once if they have megacapacity. imagine a chat where bree et al. respond by video, and we all can watch and submit questions to a mod, wouldn't that be awesome?
silvermoon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about Bree and/or the other characters have mini chats?

They could come into the forum, post under "Bree Chat" or whatever that they need some advice, so they'll be in the chat room in 10 minutes. Then whoever is online gets to be the one to get a key bit of information to share.
Way2Curious
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trunbuns wrote:
way2curious wrote:

i think to have a thread devoted to the suggestion of questions would be better, and those with the best questions could join in the chat. if we had a poll like you suggest then it's more of a popularity contest than anything else and the questions asked would not necessarily be the best

That makes sense too. I didn't mean it as a popularity contest, but more as representatives of the group. I figured that the people appointed could ask the top questions that people on the forum wanted answers to.
Since alot of the people in the forum have the same questions.
trunbuns
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Languorous Lass wrote:

I've made a few posts about this chat and the problems with and this has changed a few of my opinions on it. This is the IDEAL way to do this, but we could perhaps not have the anonymous element of it. This would also mean that it would be possible for the videos to anounce the chat as the amount of people there wouldn't be an issue as the questions would be moderated and we would all get a chance to see it happening without a 1000 posts a second fly by.

My biggest issue last night was not so much that i didnt get to interact with Bree (that sounds dirty doesn't it?) but that I didn't even get to see other people do it.

The fact that we would all post questions and then the best ones would be answered properly is much fairer. Last night i prepared like 10 really good questions that took me about half an hour altogetherand to not even get the chance to put them to anyone never mind bree was kinda frustrating, although judging by the inanity of a lot of the chat and answers given i'm not sure they would have got answered anyway.

I also agree with milowent a kind of post-video video interaction session would be amazing! they could brief jessica before hand and let her roll! her improv and stuff seems pretty good so im sure she'd be great! i'm mega stoked now! having bree respond to individuals on camera and live would be really,really,really,really,really,really, exciting!

"well trunbuns that was probably the best question I have ever heard and you are truly awesome...."

please creators this needs to happen...

edited for spelling and writing awsome about 10 times in my last paragraph
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: