Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yousef's name being removed from the LGPedia??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Daniel aka Danielbeast
View previous topic :: View next topic  
silvermoon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:42 am    Post subject: Yousef's name being removed from the LGPedia?? Reply with quote

What is up with taking Yousef's name off of the lgpedia? What the heck is going on there?

"Daniel - The name Yousef Abu-Taleb has been replaced with a proxy called Allen Smithee"
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:48 am    Post subject: Re: Yousef's name being removed from the LGPedia?? Reply with quote

silvermoon wrote:
What is up with taking Yousef's name off of the lgpedia? What the heck is going on there?

"Daniel - The name Yousef Abu-Taleb has been replaced with a proxy called Allen Smithee"

Sounds like the Yousef wants to distance himself from the LG15 project for some reason now. Maybe he's a bit bitter about his role coming to an end? Or was he fired before the role was supposed to be finished? Certainly adds a little more mystery to his departure (not that there wasn't already)...

'mute

'vote 'mute in '16!
silvermoon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps he knows where this is going and thinks it's lame, so he doesn't want his name connected to it?

If his name was something like "John Smith" I would think that maybe there was a problem with SAG and another actor being registered with his name. I can't believe there are two Yousefs with the same last name (though I really don't know how commpn that name is in Jordan. Maybe it is the same as John Smith here, lol)

I wish someone would just come out and officially let us know what the heck is going on. There is so much speculation and "I know something you don't know" going on, it's not even funny.

I find my interest sagging in the whole mess. Crying or Very sad
lesbrent
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can't anyone edit the LGPedia?
Xen
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lesbrent wrote:
can't anyone edit the LGPedia?

Yes, certainly, but I have a hard time believing the Creators wouldn't fix such changes. I have a wiki for my novels and check for changes daily.
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

His name is still there technically. And unless the Creators step in and say anything about this situation, I refuse to believe one way or the other.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweetie55 wrote:
Uh...I see his name there...

If you click on his name, it takes you to Yousef's bio page...but his name has been changed to Allan Smithee.
kateycat18
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Alan Smithee' is a common pseudonym for directors whose film was clearly taken away from her/him and recut heavily against her/his wishes in ways that completely altered the film.

The Directors Guild contract generally does not permit a director to remove her/his name from films. The Directors Guild has been striving for decades to establish the director as the "author" of a film, and part of getting the credit for the successes is taking the blame for the failures. The only exceptions they make are cases in which a film was clearly taken away from a director and recut heavily against her/his wishes in ways that completely altered the film. Directors are required to appeal to the Guild in such cases. If the appeal is successful, their name is replaced by Alan Smithee. That is the only permissible pseudonym for a director. So if you notice a film directed by Alan Smithee, it is certain it is not what its director intended, and likely that it is not any good.

(From IMDB)
omegawoman
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now the 'Smithee" is gone and it is back to Yousef. What the hell is going on here? Can we not get some honest answers from the Creators?
Dannie717
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omegawoman wrote:
Can we not get some honest answers from the Creators?

I know, really! Have they come in any of the threads explaining anything yet? I think this is kind of ridiculous.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dannie717 wrote:
omegawoman wrote:
Can we not get some honest answers from the Creators?

I know, really! Have they come in any of the threads explaining anything yet? I think this is kind of ridiculous.

Not that I've seen...which is making it worse, really, because the speculations are growing.
milowent
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well now the creators have spoken,

As for "Alan Smithee" and all that, we can say for sure that someone was seriously messing with the lgpedia! there were references to yousef being fired EVERYWHERE, even this nugget under cassieiswatching:

"It is also possible that the people who created cassieiswatching were fired just like [[Yousef]] and [[Bukanator]]. The Creators have fired both people on bad terms."
twjaniak
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've made every effort to restore the LGPedia to its pre-vandalism state.
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, TW. You are always a beacon of calm and sanity around here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Daniel aka Danielbeast All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: