Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yousef is NOT being fired
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Creators
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: Yousef is NOT being fired Reply with quote

Dear Fans,

Tensions have been high in the Lonelygirl15 world. We would like to clarify a few things that have recently come up. First off, Yousef Abu-Taleb is NOT being fired from the show. The character of Daniel is still very much a part of Lonelygirl15. Secondly, we have NOT "gone corporate." To the contrary, we are almost completely out of money. We are still financing Lonelygirl15 out of personal savings and maxed out credit cards. The little money that we do have goes to pay for the actors and the few items needed to film the videos (P. Monkey eats a lot of bananas). Why are we still doing this? For you. We care as much about this show and this new medium as you do, and we are doing our best to keep it going. You might see some banner ads and Google AdSense popping up. We're gonna make some T-Shirts. We'll also be producing some DVD's. All we want to do is create a FANTASTIC show to entertain you.

Thank you for watching!

Miles, Mesh, Greg, Amanda, Vanessa, Jessica, Yousef, Jackie, Kevin
milowent
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well the only rumour i helped propagate that i'm sad to hear isn't true is that you're not getting some funding. gohepcat was right on point months ago, when he said that hollywood wastes millions on crap, lg15 deserves some funding.
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Yousef is NOT being fired Reply with quote

The Creators wrote:
Dear Fans,

Tensions have been high in the Lonelygirl15 world. We would like to clarify a few things that have recently come up. First off, Yousef Abu-Taleb is NOT being fired from the show. The character of Daniel is still very much a part of Lonelygirl15. Secondly, we have NOT "gone corporate." To the contrary, we are almost completely out of money. We are still financing Lonelygirl15 out of personal savings and maxed out credit cards. The little money that we do have goes to pay for the actors and the few items needed to film the videos (P. Monkey eats a lot of bananas). Why are we still doing this? For you. We care as much about this show and this new medium as you do, and we are doing our best to keep it going. You might see some banner ads and Google AdSense popping up. We're gonna make some T-Shirts. We'll also be producing some DVD's. All we want to do is create a FANTASTIC show to entertain you.

Thank you for watching!

Miles, Mesh, Greg, Amanda, Vanessa, Jessica, Yousef, Jackie, Kevin

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the update. This place has been going crazy since last night. I'm sure everyone will be relieved.

I personally have no problem with you doing anything you feel you need to do to raise revenue - I'm a capitalist. I hope in the long term you are able to venture into projects that turn a profit or make this one into a little empire. You're onto something here and we are all glad to be part of it.

Regards and Well Wishes,
Matt
silvermoon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see that Yousef isn't going anywhere. We do love our beast. But what the heck happened? Was it a hacker on myspace?
twjaniak
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silvermoon wrote:
Glad to see that Yousef isn't going anywhere. We do love our beast. But what the heck happened? Was it a hacker on myspace?

No. He did post those comments, but they never outright stated that he was fired.
omegawoman
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twjaniak wrote:
silvermoon wrote:

No. He did post those comments, but they never outright stated that he was fired.

So what was he saying then ? I am confused, but glad Yousef is still part of the team- he is, isn't he?
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omegawoman wrote:
twjaniak wrote:
He did post those comments, but they never outright stated that he was fired.

So what was he saying then ? I am confused . . .

Ditto. Is he being eased out? Or have we gotten all the information we're going to get at this point?
silvermoon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it hasn't been explained in much detail. I have this sinking feeling that this is just to appease us, and 3 videos later, there goes the danielbeast...

**sigh**

I guess all we can really do is watch and wait.
DontHaveAClue
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Yousef is NOT being fired Reply with quote

Thanks for the update Miles, Mesh, Greg, Amanda, Vanessa, Jessica, Yousef, Jackie, Kevin, P-Monkey, Thor, and Owen! (Did I miss someone? Laughing ) Wink
Morgan
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to quote some of Yousef's myspace entry,
Quote:
Basically to sum it up, because I dont want to get into the specific's I was told that I will not really be part of the LG thing anymore. That sucks. So I will be looking for another job in the resturant business. Thats what I was told, to start looking for another job today. It sucks to think that now I'm not a good enough actor to be on a show I was cast for, but hey, it is what it is.

To me, it sounds like a misunderstanding between the Creators and Yousef, about payment for the acting work done. Maybe they were just telling him to get another source of income and Yousef thought they were firing him.

I hope he stays.

<3 Danielbeast <3
sparkybennett
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Razz
iqfrenzy
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morgan wrote:
to quote some of Yousef's myspace entry,
Quote:
Basically to sum it up, because I dont want to get into the specific's I was told that I will not really be part of the LG thing anymore. That sucks. So I will be looking for another job in the resturant business. Thats what I was told, to start looking for another job today. It sucks to think that now I'm not a good enough actor to be on a show I was cast for, but hey, it is what it is.

To me, it sounds like a misunderstanding between the Creators and Yousef, about payment for the acting work done. Maybe they were just telling him to get another source of income and Yousef thought they were firing him.

I hope he stays.

Or maybe they changed their minds because the fans didn't want him gone. Personally, I think Yousef is a better actor than Jessica.
roxybebito
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so glad Yousef is not being fired..
Why don't you open a paypal account so we can donate $?
I have a small business in Puerto Rico, and I understand the frustration of having funds dry up. Fortunately all is well, so anyways, if you need anything, I would be happy to make a (quite small for now... sowy) money or merchandise donation.
www.artemosaicos.com - Its still under construction.
Magesa
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somehow I missed all of this...

But I certainly wouldn't want Daniel gone! And I'm fine with you doing whatever you need to do to keep this show going. What use would no ads or merchandise do if there was no more show either?

Good job so far, guys!
Inigo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for clearing this up. I completely understand that you need funding and therefore won't criticise your means to find it. I would even donate if I could.. you very well deserve it.

Thanks for doing such a great job at this!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: