Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Monkey, Turtle, Bear, Dog?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pants
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Monkey, Turtle, Bear, Dog? Reply with quote

Has anyone come up with any symbolism related to Bree's "friends"? I am talking about her stuffed animals. It has been pointed out that she has an unusual relationship with them as well as the mention of her relationship with her friend's dog.

Are their any religious figures that are closely associated with these symbols as advisors/protectors or symbols of status or power?

In some of articles relating to different religious groups and organizations linked and posted in this forum, there are seals pictures that include different animals. Snakes, bulls, dragons...

Just tought I'd ask.
QueenofSpades
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... you might have something there.

All I found were the meanings for the animals on totem poles:

Bear
Noted for its strength and stamina
Can help find balance and harmony in life & strength to do what's necessary

Dog
Loyalty, friendship, nobility

Turtle
Nurturer, protector, mother energy
Associated with the feminine
Self-reliance
Developing new ideas
Non-violent defense
Shyness, protection, healing knowledge, grounded

Monkey
Ability to change environment
Health
Success

http://www.schaefdesigns.com/totem_animal_definitions.html
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Constellations?
maxomai
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
Constellations?

Elements? There would be four in a typical Western occult system, Earth, Air, Fire, and Water. There may be a correspondence.
sororyzbl
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxomai wrote:

Bear
Noted for its strength and stamina
Can help find balance and harmony in life & strength to do what's necessary

Dog
Loyalty, friendship, nobility

Turtle
Nurturer, protector, mother energy
Associated with the feminine
Self-reliance
Developing new ideas
Non-violent defense
Shyness, protection, healing knowledge, grounded

Monkey
Ability to change environment
Health
Success

Elements? There would be four in a typical Western occult system, Earth, Air, Fire, and Water. There may be a correspondence.[/quote]

As far as I can see (being a Liber 777 junkie), there is no direct coorespondence to the animals as elements. I'll reference, though, see what I can come up with:

....processing...
....processing...
....processing...

Ape (closest thing to P. Monkey) = Beth, Mercury, no elemental coorespondence, Atu I, the magician, aka Tahuti, Mercury, and Hermes. An interesting side note. Oddly enough, the queen scale is purple. There may be something to that. path#12 if you wanna see the rest. You can call this the path of knowledge? It's simple, but it'll work.

Dog - Gimel, High Priestess, Queen scale is silver. We've never seen the dog, but it's unlikely to be silver (or Blue, which fits in the other scales). The egyptian god is Chomse, and she also cooresponds to Hekate and Diana. I kinda see the dog as grasping, it was only mentioned in passing, and may not be important. Path 13, maybe you can call it a path of divination? I dunno, Hekate and diana were seen as goddesses of magick und wychcraft in ye old pagan thymes.

Bear - Path 27, peh, represents the tower card, which is generally seen as ruin or destruction. Red is the color, and cooresponds to Horus and Mentu, and the planet (and god) mars. For simplicity's sake, call it the path of War.

Turtle - This is path 18, chet, and represents kephra (hail unto thee who art...), the scarab, cancer, and the chariot. it is obviously a water path, and the queen scale is maroon. I dunno what you'd call this path, other than the path of me (I'm a cancer LOL). maybe enchantment? imbuing of an object with magickal power?

There ya go, the full coorespondences are on thelemapedia, the lists are huge. Just remember, it may be helpful if you find things in the same category or column that match rather than pulling willy nilly.
MCH/TA,X ++ CO1,PEG/SG,W+,N++, Dd+, Dr+, A, a+, C++, G++, QH+++,666+++, Y+++
------END MAGIC CODE BLOCK------
HyeMew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're all tied together via a game called Zoobles.
We haven't heard of it, even though it's really popular, because it's played in some far off place we've never heard of nor would have any hopes of learning anything about. Like Britain.
Goes a bit like this:

Dog has deadly turtle allergy. For protection, dog is loyal to bear. This lulls bear into false sense of security. Bear reciprocates by using his strength against the turtle. However what bear doesn't know is that dog is a traitor and will kill him afterwards, and is able to do so because he catchs bear off-guard since he thinks they're friends. The game works exactly like Nut Kills Man.

Dog beats bear, Dog loses to turtle
Bear beats turtle, Bear loses to dog
Turtle beats dog, Turtle loses to bear

So that's how these animal friends all tie together? Oh wait, what you say? How does the monkey friend tie into all this?
Everybody hates the monkey.
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tahuti is the new black.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Her Religion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: