Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PayPal Donations
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
twjaniak
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: PayPal Donations Reply with quote

As requested by many of our fans on the forum, we are now able to receive donations via PayPal. A link is available directly under the video located on the main page. Please consider donating $5.00 dollars to help support the production of future videos.

Thank you for all your support in all its forms.
HyeMew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try to be the first.
omegawoman
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if we don't have a paypal account? Is there another way to make a donation?
GoodGollyItsHolly
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

who is in charge of this, who gets the money to the breeators?
milowent
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoodGollyItsHolly wrote:
who is in charge of this, who gets the money to the breeators?

The button appears to link to Miles Beckett's paypal account.

I coughed up $5 - I mean, for all the fun I've had, both positive and critical, from the hunt for bree til now, and after meeting a lot of new internet friends, well, it was worth more than $5. Think about it -- if everyone who watched just ONE lg15 video (youtube+revver) gave $5, this series would be self-sustaining right there for awhile.

EDIT: Robtomorrow's post below makes we wonder if a "paypal counter" isn't a good idea. I know M&M may feel awkward about that.

Last edited by milowent on Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total
A6138406SS
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it safe? Can you use a credit card without it being abused?
milowent
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A6138406SS wrote:
Is it safe? Can you use a credit card without it being abused?

PayPal is a very secure operation, most ebay transactions use it.
robtomorrow
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a good idea, it's worth it, they have been entertaining us for months. Could you keep us updated in this thread on whether its working or not?
If it's generating enough to sustain the series?

You could also set up a donation account with Amazon.com to give people an option.
Mirage
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

omegawoman wrote:
What if we don't have a paypal account? Is there another way to make a donation?

Yeah! I dont have a Paypal account, and I dont think I can get one now. Basically what happened is I wanted to buy a pair of shoes online and didn't want BF to know ( Embarassed ) so I had them sent to my mom's house, and to make it easier address-wise I used her CC number. Now whenever I try to do anything on there it wont let me use my CC, just hers.

Another option would be appreciated! Smile
milowent
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mirage wrote:
omegawoman wrote:

Yeah! I dont have a Paypal account, and I dont think I can get one now. Basically what happened is I wanted to buy a pair of shoes online and didn't want BF to know ( Embarassed ) so I had them sent to my mom's house, and to make it easier address-wise I used her CC number. Now whenever I try to do anything on there it wont let me use my CC, just hers.

Anybody with a credit card or bank account can get a paypal account, i believe. Mirage - i think if you go to paypal.com you can log into your account and change your payment options to take that other Ccard off, and change to a different default source of funds.

p.s. i don't work for paypal!
twjaniak
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can actually make a donation at PayPal without registering for a PayPal account. There is an option for entering any credit card information that you wish.
Mirage
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

milowent wrote:
Mirage wrote:
omegawoman wrote:

Anybody with a credit card or bank account can get a paypal account, i believe. Mirage - i think if you go to paypal.com you can log into your account and change your payment options to take that other Ccard off, and change to a different default source of funds.

p.s. i don't work for paypal!

*shifty eyes* Surreeeee you dont! Wink

I'm gonna try it again, maybe it's been long enough that it just defaulted. I think the problem was in the fact that I have an Ebay account too, and for some reason the information from there kept on trying to creep up onto my PayPal one? I dont know, I've confused myself now(admittedly easily done). I'll try it again and see what happens!

Thanks! Smile *pointedly ignores the PayPal badge* Laughing
missviolet
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mirage -- you can change your primary cc # with paypal if you go to the options or profile section (I can't remember which it is now), and pick out the credit card option from the list. Then you just put in the new number, let it check it for validity, and change it from "secondary" to "primary".

I just had to do that. Got married, changed my card #. Pain. in. the. butt. (Not the Paypal thing, but the changing the name & card stuffs in general.)

Also, you don't need a paypal -account- to donate. It gives the option of paying with a regular credit or debit card, and to answer someone else's question, it's perfectly safe. I've had paypal since '89, when they were still X.com, and I've never had a problem with them that wasn't pretty easily solved. (Plus, they're local to me here -- or at least, the service and security centers are. So I wouldn't mind marching over there to kick someone if they screwed up. :>)

I think it's a fabulous idea, the donations thing. I know a lot of people were wanting to help, and this makes them feel like they've done something, while helping fund LG15 in a small way.

One thing...well, two:

1. Is there a way to have a different button for people that want to "write in" their own amounts? Hitting that thing five or six times in a row might set off fraud flags. and,

2. It might be good to state somewhere that donations are non-refundable. I hate to even say it, but I can see some of the squirrelier folks getting pissed off and asking for it back. Nobody here. Just sayin'. (I don't think that consumers can "contest" donations with Paypal, so I think you're all right there.)

Oh, and nobody needs a ticker. It's none of our business what they use the money for once it's donated, as long as it's being used for the project -- right on down to paying actors and staff, which is all part of it. Maybe an update on how it's going every once in a while, like a "Thanks to your donations, we're able to pay for the actors to avoid having them smell like McDonald's on the set yet again!" or something. Smile
Mirage
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I didn't know that, MissViolet (hmm maybe you work for them too)!! Well then, no matter what happens with my PayPal account, I'll definately be donating to the cause. Thanks again!! Smile
missviolet
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work for eeeeeveryone......

*cue ominous music*

Smile

Glad to help -- if anybody's having trouble with it, I'd be glad to volunteer to walk you through the process. Just PM me. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Nostalgia Land All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: