Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I designed and submited this one...what do you think?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you like this idea?
Yes
26%
 26%  [ 8 ]
No
56%
 56%  [ 17 ]
Not sure
16%
 16%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 30

AZstatebaby
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: I designed and submited this one...what do you think? Reply with quote

AZstatebaby
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a lot of people looked but no comments. I just liked the general concept...I'm aware the graphic could use some work. I thought it was a very Bree-ish idea.
livelongandprosper77
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i see what you are saying about the graphic deal yo but hey sometimes the graphic isn't everything. The concept is not bad at all ehhe. Makes me kinda think of Pacman looking at the Green monster eheh and yes feed the addiction feed it! Cool

Lonelygirl15: "Time for another episode of p-r-o-v-i-n-g s-c-i-e-n-c-e wronngggg!" Smile

Capt. Picard: "Tea Earl Grey, hot"
Holden
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I think with all the stuffed animals Bree has you could easily make the graphic a pmonkey or Owen. Maybe taking a bite out of a cookie from the cookie contest. I dunno or something like that.
PushedButton
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offense but I don't like it much.
HyeMew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean it's not bad for something done in Paint, I like the monster, though the official design would need to be something more sophisticated.
Also dotcom should not be written out, it'd probably confuse some people. I mean anyone who knows the first thing about the internet should be able to make the conversion in head from dotcom to .com, but that doesn't mean some actually will haha.
Sami
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The monster was funny, but I didn't like it that much. Good try though ^^b
curriguy
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good concept, but poor execution. It looks like it was made in windows paintbrush.

if you redo it with adobe illustrator...and give it a more handdrawn feel, it might be cooler
Scrawnyfish
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Feed the Addiction" would be a good solgan if you had the picture with p-monkey in her mouth.
AZstatebaby
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

curriguy wrote:
good concept, but poor execution. It looks like it was made in windows paintbrush.

It was done with a windows paintbrush smart one...not all of us are high tech and rich like you.
jsmith
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: hmm Reply with quote

don't lose hope man,

Your design is certainly better than what I could personally do and is probably better than some others could do as well. As far as i'm concerned, I would wear your shirt and I believe it could be a winner - though I am not judging the contest.

To everyone in general,

It does not matter what software is used to create the drawing, all that matters is the heart and soul put into it; the effort.

I'm a programmer. As a programmer, I use IDEs (Integrated Development Environments) and compilers (converts code to a .exe). Think of an IDE as a souped up text editor.

There are many IDEs... Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 (comparable to photoshop or illustrater), Dev-C++ (more like paint/paintbrush), and even notepad (not really an IDE but can be used to code) which is even less sophisticated than paint/paintbrush.

It doesn't matter which IDE I use to code, because code is code and I can produce the same results either way.

Art is art and it doesn't matter what software you use to create it.
PushedButton
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: hmm Reply with quote

jsmith wrote:
don't lose hope man,

Your design is certainly better than what I could personally do and is probably better than some others could do as well. As far as i'm concerned, I would wear your shirt and I believe it could be a winner - though I am not judging the contest.

To everyone in general,

It does not matter what software is used to create the drawing, all that matters is the heart and soul put into it; the effort.

I'm a programmer. As a programmer, I use IDEs (Integrated Development Environments) and compilers (converts code to a .exe). Think of an IDE as a souped up text editor.

There are many IDEs... Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 (comparable to photoshop or illustrater), Dev-C++ (more like paint/paintbrush), and even notepad (not really an IDE but can be used to code) which is even less sophisticated than paint/paintbrush.

It doesn't matter which IDE I use to code, because code is code and I can produce the same results either way.

....and just as you can produce crappy code you can produce crappy artwork.
GoodGollyItsHolly
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: hmm Reply with quote

PushedButton wrote:
jsmith wrote:
don't lose hope man,

To everyone in general,

I really hate when people say nasty mean things....
jsmith
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

You could state your opinion a little nicer than that. I feel he did a good job. Even if you do not think the artwork is that good, you can at least state that in a nice manner and recognize his efforts.

He admitted before any comments came through that he too felt the graphic could use work. I won't deny that. It is quite an effort on his part though. He took the time to do this and then publically submitted it to comment knowing it needed work. I admire him.

I would like to mention to the general public now that I am not meaning this post to be offensive to anyone.
PushedButton
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsmith wrote:
Quote:

You could state your opinion a little nicer than that. I feel he did a good job. Even if you do not think the artwork is that good, you can at least state that in a nice manner and recognize his efforts.

He admitted before any comments came through that he too felt the graphic could use work. I won't deny that. It is quite an effort on his part though. He took the time to do this and then publically submitted it to comment knowing it needed work. I admire him.

I would like to mention to the general public now that I am not meaning this post to be offensive to anyone.

Hold on, hold on.... I was merely reiterating what has already been said... ok, it was a little blunt, but I meant no offense and I apologize if I caused any.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Nostalgia Land All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: