Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0074 Someone is Following You
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tribute
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject: Gemma Satirizing Religion Reply with quote

This may be old news by now, but...If we take everything that Gemma says as potential clues/code then we should discount her as an Order plant, I think. The Miller's Tale undermines astrology, orthodoxy, and religious solemnity. I guess just because she's writing about it doesn't mean that she's in on Chaucer's joke, but it certainly suggests that she's wiling to engage in ridiculing religion (and alerting Bree to her allegiances). I think she's outside the order and is functioning within the LG15 narrative as a more legitimate way for viewers to get involved with the story (rather than having Daniel read our posts in his videos, which was lame and posed other kinds of problems, like "Does he know he's a character?") I agree with the numerous other posters who have pointed out that Gemma has the power to confront Bree with our questions and make it seem like an organic part of the story.
Tribute
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Ignoring Clues Reply with quote

On a similar note, if Gemma is speaking in code, Bree seems totally oblivious. So maybe Gemma's clues are only for us.

That said, did anyone else think it was odd/obnoxious/significant that Bree totally mocked Gemma's concern for her in her response video? Gemma alerted Bree that she thought that someone was following her and Bree reacted by "sweeping" the room and putting a trash can in a faux line-up. As many people have said, Bree seems totally unconcerned with the fate of her parents and disinterested in the gravity of her situation (How much $ did her parents leave her? When will she be able to go home?). Making light of Gemma's videos seems par for the course, but still totally annoying. Is the stuffed animal lobby so strong on this forum that we have to suffer uncharacteristic insensitivity on Bree's part (who cares about my parents and my fate? someone may be following me, but let's play a game!) and narrative nonsense just to have a video in which all three dolls play a part? They better find a bug on one or all of them soon...

The epilogue to the video was just too much "(after extended annoying antics)...but seriously folks, I'm pretty sure no one's following us. We looked around and played "lie detecor." So don't worry, Gemma. And good luck on that paper on how religion is a total joke!" Are the creators making fun of us?
DontHaveAClue
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Ignoring Clues Reply with quote

Tribute wrote:
Are the creators making fun of us?

Yes.
HenrySugar
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Bree is playing this out perfectly and realistically.
The joking around on camera etc. would be normal considering she's always used the camera as a way to escape her own 'reality' for awhile.
Of course she's upset that her parents are missing. Absolutely she's concerned for her own welfare. But she turns on the camera in an attempt to escape that for awhile.
If we're to look at this situation realistically, it'd do well to consider the psycological ramifications of such a thing happening to such a girl.
This is a major turning point in her life. She's overwhelmed, confused, frightened, lost and everything she's ever known and believed in is turning on her.
Sometimes, when people are overwhelmed by situations out of their control, they turn away from it. Deny it's existence and hope it goes away when they ignore it.
Sometimes they dry their tears, smile and turn on the video camera. We all know that Bree turns to the camera for comfort. Why would it be any different now? Especially now that things are so uncomfortable...
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was my argument before today....but she didn't always put on such a chpper and cheery face for the camera...and now, it just seemed too much.
HenrySugar
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
That was my argument before today....but she didn't always put on such a chpper and cheery face for the camera...and now, it just seemed too much.

Yeah, it does seem too much. The whole situation probably seems too much for her. The way I'm seeing it though is, the harder something pushes, the harder she pushes back.
She's not doing this out of boredom and she isn't cold-hearted enough to disregard her plight. She's doing it in an attempt to gain some normalcy to her life.
But she isn't gonna cry for the camera. That's not what it's for.

Edit:I'm not saying what she's doing is right. In fact, I'd go so far as to say it's a character flaw of hers, but it is believible. Personally, I'd have been in Mexico by now.
JacksAndDouches
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe bree is acting strange because she knew she was being followed

its a effing trap for danny boy here. gemma is just trying to help

orrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

lie detector test symbolizes she thinks Gemma is lying

orrrrrrrrrrr

danny boy tried pushing the beds together last night

hooooohaaaaaaaaa
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Gemma Satirizing Religion Reply with quote

Tribute wrote:
This may be old news by now, but...If we take everything that Gemma says as potential clues/code then we should discount her as an Order plant, I think. The Miller's Tale undermines astrology, orthodoxy, and religious solemnity. I guess just because she's writing about it doesn't mean that she's in on Chaucer's joke, but it certainly suggests that she's wiling to engage in ridiculing religion (and alerting Bree to her allegiances). I think she's outside the order and is functioning within the LG15 narrative as a more legitimate way for viewers to get involved with the story (rather than having Daniel read our posts in his videos, which was lame and posed other kinds of problems, like "Does he know he's a character?") I agree with the numerous other posters who have pointed out that Gemma has the power to confront Bree with our questions and make it seem like an organic part of the story.

If that's the case then Gemma needs to communicate with us directly via "Gemma Gab".
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Miller's/ Minos Reply with quote

lonelygirl wrote:

i agree, it doesn't sound like miller's tale at all.

I thought she said "Miller's Tale."

And the version of the tale that I read on-line has several things that might be relevant.

First of all, the "poor scholar" (who's called Handy Nicholas in this version) who lived in the carpenter's boarding house loved astrology, and could solve problems -- and apparently predict the future -- by using it. He has an Almagest, which is a medieval treatise concerned with astrology, astronomy, or alchemy.

We know Bree is interested in the Zodiac of Denderah.

And Nicholas has a zither, and sings songs like "The Angel to the Virgin."

We've been speculating that Bree's virginity is important to the ceremony.

The carpenter has just married an eighteen-year-old girl who is much younger than him, gorgeous, and has a roving eye. Also -- and this seems important:

Quote:
Very daintily were her eyebrows plucked,
And those were angled and as black as any sloe.

Sounds like Bree's eyebrows, no?

(EDITED TO ADD: Sorry, Tryon -- I just saw that you posted about the eyebrows before I did.)

The young scholar is hot for the wife, who promises that she will do the dirty deed with Nicholas if they can find a time.
Quote:
"Unless we watch well and keep private, I know well I am dead," said she. "We must be very secret in this case."

Okay, the lovely young woman, Alisoun, goes to church "to do Christ's work." The parish clerk, Absolon, sees her and starts wooing her by moonlight, in view of her husband. But Alisoun loves Nicholas, and Absolon is desolate at her rejection.

So Nicholas and Alisoun come up with a plan to be together. While John (the carpenter) is out of the boarding house, Nicholas puts enough food and drink for a couple of days in his own room, and tells Alisoun that if John comes back and asks where he (Nicholas) is, she should say that she doesn't know. Nicholas stays in his room all day Saturday and up until Sunday night, and doesn't answer when he's called or when someone knocks on the door.

When Bree called her parents, they didn't answer.

John starts to worry that something's wrong with him. He sends up a servant, who looks in Nicholas's room and sees Nicholas staring off into space. The servant tells John, who concludes that Nicholas's study of the stars has caused him to go crazy. So he breaks down the door, and Nicholas appears to come to and tells him that he has a huge secret to tell John and that John cannot tell anyone.

Bree loves the stars. And she's been told that her religion relates to astrology and that she can't tell anyone about what she's doing in relation to the ceremony.

Sigh. I'm running out of energy to keep reading and summarizing and pointing out parallels. The point is, though, that The Miller's Tale could very well be the right story, and could also be full of clues.
Tribute
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="HenrySugar"][quote="Kasdeja"]That was my argument before today....but she didn't always put on such a chpper and cheery face for the camera...and now, it just seemed too much.[/quote]

Yeah, it does seem too much. The whole situation probably seems too much for her. The way I'm seeing it though is, the harder something pushes, the harder she pushes back. [/quote]

My argument is that the creators have, at this point, forgone verosimilitude in favor of what they think is is an interactive kind of stroytelling. Unless I am wrong and the stuffed animals start becoming more relevant (this possibility always seems to be looming but their presence and the allusions to them has yet to amount to much), including them in the story is the creators' lame way of involving (read pandering) to the consumers of the show (remember the naming of Thor? What did that have to do with the plot?). I suggest that it's the stuffed animal lobby on this forum and not the plot that's driving the creation of scenes like the line-up and lie detector test that, in fact, do undermine the characteristically sensitive, sweet, and intelligent Bree that has been established. Sure, she's silly and she uses her vlogs to let off steam. But neither she nor Daniel (who is definitely more worldly) seems concerned with the present circumstances in the hotel videos. The last video was either just an excuse to be cute or hopefully (unlikely, it would seem), to plant clues for a plot line in which the animals will finally do something.
Luv2Skydive
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Ignoring Clues Reply with quote

Tribute wrote:
On a similar note, if Gemma is speaking in code, Bree seems totally oblivious. So maybe Gemma's clues are only for us.

That said, did anyone else think it was odd/obnoxious/significant that Bree totally mocked Gemma's concern for her in her response video? Gemma alerted Bree that she thought that someone was following her and Bree reacted by "sweeping" the room and putting a trash can in a faux line-up. As many people have said, Bree seems totally unconcerned with the fate of her parents and disinterested in the gravity of her situation (How much $ did her parents leave her? When will she be able to go home?). Making light of Gemma's videos seems par for the course, but still totally annoying. Is the stuffed animal lobby so strong on this forum that we have to suffer uncharacteristic insensitivity on Bree's part (who cares about my parents and my fate? someone may be following me, but let's play a game!) and narrative nonsense just to have a video in which all three dolls play a part? They better find a bug on one or all of them soon...

The epilogue to the video was just too much "(after extended annoying antics)...but seriously folks, I'm pretty sure no one's following us. We looked around and played "lie detecor." So don't worry, Gemma. And good luck on that paper on how religion is a total joke!" Are the creators making fun of us?

How come you posted twice in a row but your number of posts stayed at 3?
Luv2Skydive
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

posting again to see if my number changes.....yea, I'm bored. Smile
Luv2Skydive
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I GET IT! All number of posts change on all messages.....duh.
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luv2Skydive wrote:

AH HAHAHAHA!
(Someone's gonna yell at us for getting off track Rolling Eyes )
Luv2Skydive
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trainer101 wrote:
Luv2Skydive wrote:

AH HAHAHAHA!
(Someone's gonna yell at us for getting off track Rolling Eyes )

Yeah, I wasted like half a page pulling my head out....sorry! Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: