Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Watcher (11/17/06)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lonelygirl
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thejyav wrote:
zzfoxfirezz wrote:
Killthesmiley wrote:
SuggestionDiabolique wrote:
is it possible the creators are taking ideas from these spinoffs to create suspision?

yea they ave been sasying all along that they might do so...

but this is too odd... there are a lot of things connecting them all now

So perhaps the creators have not told us everything that is canon? Some of the spinoffs may not really be spinoffs, but part of the main storyline... or at least there to point us in the right direction?

this risks getting way to involved and in the end only satisfying a very small number of people who have bothered to follow all the multiple stories

i agree. i'm only following whatever is posted on this site. too many videos to watch otherwise.
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way...this is getting lamer and lamer in my opinion and if Nikki Bower is cannon, I'm going to ship the creators a bucket of my vomit on dry ice and that will be the last they hear of me.
iqfrenzy
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lonelygirl wrote:
omegawoman wrote:
Inigo wrote:
I would really like to know how Nikki Bower found the box with the symbol a few weeks ago and what's it got to do with the story.

Nikki has inside information- she has a source.

Bree thought Gemma was wrong last time, I wonder what she will think this time?

so then we really can't give credit to Nikki Bower for finding it because she didn't. and i was still right about none of the people on here noticing the symbol but that's kind of hard to see.
Are you talking about before Gemma pointed it out? Because it is pretty obscure in the video...even looks like it could just be a shadow. Also, someone did point it out yesterday; it's in this very thread where they copied and pasted it from their post yesterday. Read the whole thread and you will see it.
iqfrenzy
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tryon wrote:
iqfrenzy wrote:
All of this confuses me...wouldn't it be a self-fulfilling prophecy of sorts? I mean, wouldn't a decision to move a limb begin in the brain anyway? We already know that parts of the body move in response to a cue from the brain. The brain is where the decision-making process takes place within the body; not some outside controlling force.

Am I being too simplistic here? Forgive me, if so, but I just don't get it.

Just that normally when we think of the relation between action and will, we tend to think that the latter (desire or will), precedes the former, and acts as sort of a motivating force. Like the thought "I want to move my finger" would precede the electrical impulse to move that finger. But scientists have found that our brains actually tell our bodies to move before we even come up with the desire to move, thereby throwing the whole concept of free will into question. All this is possibly a dead end, and maybe I've confused you more? Embarassed
Ok, I understand what you are saying better now. You could even take this a bit further and say that animal instinct or the survival instinct is the controlling force. Does that make sense?
iqfrenzy
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spaciegirl wrote:
By the way...this is getting lamer and lamer in my opinion and if Nikki Bower is cannon, I'm going to ship the creators a bucket of my vomit on dry ice and that will be the last they hear of me.
ROFLMAO
JacksAndDouches
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spaciegirl wrote:
thinkitthrough wrote:
I was told from reliable sources that they wish to do this indefinitely if at all possible.

Evil or Very Mad For the love of god, WHO????? Who told you that? That's the efiin' question I've been asking and no one has an answer!! Don't say "reliable sources"...are you like Nikki?? WHO?? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
tryon wrote:
I'd be curious to hear more from those of you who think that the people in suits/watchers are not there to abduct Bree, but are waiting for her to come to a decision (apparently) freely. Were you referring specifically to her decision to participate in the ceremony?

Not neccessarily....well, kind of. I think that when contact is made between her and them, they are going to manipulate her or trick her into doing what they want. I think it's more ideal, for all involved, if she "willingly" cooperates. Even if they have to bribe her...or blackmail her, they want her to think she has some power so that she'll be willing to negotiate with them. I think that if she is uncompromising and resistant, it's going to be messy for everyone...and they'd rather not have things escalate to that point.

yousef told me, on myspace
Luv2Skydive
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spaciegirl wrote:

LOFLMAO!

On a serious note, I fear the Creators might end up catering to one or two groups too much thus losing the large fan base, which is fine if that is what they prefer but I think that is a disservice to the die-hard LG15 fans.
chanda
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zzfoxfirezz wrote:
Killthesmiley wrote:
SuggestionDiabolique wrote:
is it possible the creators are taking ideas from these spinoffs to create suspision?

yea they ave been sasying all along that they might do so...

but this is too odd... there are a lot of things connecting them all now

So perhaps the creators have not told us everything that is canon? Some of the spinoffs may not really be spinoffs, but part of the main storyline... or at least there to point us in the right direction?

I seriously hope that the spinoffs are not really canon, because i haven't been keeping up with them. I barely have time to keep up here. It'll be really hard to understand what's goin on, so hopefully yall can help me if I get lost.
christof
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tryon wrote:
trainer101 wrote:
I believe her ultimate decision entails a commitment to something much greater - the ceremony is symbolic of whatever that may be.

...to be something like a puppet master, or maybe just another puppet? Been spending the early part of my Friday night brooding over what the (illusion) of free will business had to do with the plot, and it reminded me of a program I heard on Radio Lab (any other armchair science dorks out there?) about how neurologists have shown that free will could very well be an illusion our minds conjure up, moments after the brain has already sent signals to move certain body parts.

See http://www.johnhorgan.org/work13.htm on faith and free will

Quote:
When neurologists make patients' limbs jerk by electrically zapping certain regions of their brains, the patients often insist they meant to move that arm, and they even invent reasons why. Neurologists call these erroneous, post hoc explanations confabulations, but Dr. Wegner prefers the catchier "intention inventions." He suggests that whenever we explain our acts as the outcome of our conscious choice, we are engaging in intention invention, because our actions actually stem from countless causes of which we are completely unaware.

He cites experiments in which subjects pushed a button whenever they chose while noting the time of their decision as displayed on a clock. The subjects took 0.2 seconds on average to push the button after they decided to do so. But an electroencephalograph monitoring their brain waves revealed that the subjects' brains generated a spike of brain activity 0.3 seconds before they decided to push the button.

Cool fun fact, if nothing else.

Ok, first...I have been following this since it was all outed
second...I was WAY more a CIW fan
now I love this story
all that said.....I have learned very little from any of this...crowley...blah blah blaah
I graduated with a minor in psych and never learned this ( woot LSU ) anyway....dude (dudette?) this is the coolest thing I have read on this board....hands down.....and it's implications are HUGE
I will certainly be reading about this more.....thanks for the info
chanda
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JacksAndDouches wrote:
khjq wrote:
Have we ever got a good look at Daniel's hands?

well Gemma said the reference she used included different markings on different parts of hte body....I do not believe Daniel would be a Watcher. I do not know where one would find such a chart, but perhaps if we got a look, and found one with dirty feet, we would know his designation

Someone probably has already mentioned this, I still haven't made it through all the pages. But just an idea, maybe that's why he won't go swimming? We might see is mark.
chanda
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thejyav wrote:
JacksAndDouches wrote:
khjq wrote:
Have we ever got a good look at Daniel's hands?

well Gemma said the reference she used included different markings on different parts of hte body....I do not believe Daniel would be a Watcher. I do not know where one would find such a chart, but perhaps if we got a look, and found one with dirty feet, we would know his designation

other parts of the body...he doesn't ever want to get in the water..thus taking his shirt off...

Just a couple of posts down sorry!!!
iqfrenzy
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

christof wrote:

...to be something like a puppet master, or maybe just another puppet? Been spending the early part of my Friday night brooding over what the (illusion) of free will business had to do with the plot, and it reminded me of a program I heard on Radio Lab (any other armchair science dorks out there?) about how neurologists have shown that free will could very well be an illusion our minds conjure up, moments after the brain has already sent signals to move certain body parts.

See http://www.johnhorgan.org/work13.htm on faith and free will

Quote:
When neurologists make patients' limbs jerk by electrically zapping certain regions of their brains, the patients often insist they meant to move that arm, and they even invent reasons why. Neurologists call these erroneous, post hoc explanations confabulations, but Dr. Wegner prefers the catchier "intention inventions." He suggests that whenever we explain our acts as the outcome of our conscious choice, we are engaging in intention invention, because our actions actually stem from countless causes of which we are completely unaware.

He cites experiments in which subjects pushed a button whenever they chose while noting the time of their decision as displayed on a clock. The subjects took 0.2 seconds on average to push the button after they decided to do so. But an electroencephalograph monitoring their brain waves revealed that the subjects' brains generated a spike of brain activity 0.3 seconds before they decided to push the button.

Cool fun fact, if nothing else.

Isn't 2/10 of a second faster than 3/10 of a second?
covedweller

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sororyzbl wrote:

I was thinking more of the Book of Enoch. The Watchers were the a group of angels called the B'nai Elohim, who sired the Nephilim.

The legend of the Watchers is much much much older than anything in pop culture. Cooler, too.

Weird. Not only did last Saturday's Tachyon/OpAphid dead drop clue have the word "Watchers" all over it, along with the photos of Daniel from Lucy's computer, but it also had a text file relating to the Grigori/Nephilim.

Anyone want to take $$ bets that OpAphid/Tachyon are not canon? Laughing
HyeMew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all they have going on with LG itself, is it really possible that the Creators are directly behind making OpAphid and now it seems NikkiBower as well? It seems kind of crazy that they could do ALL of that, though perhaps they have subcontracted to others?
zzfoxfirezz
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:15 am    Post subject: Canon vs. Non Canon??? Reply with quote

Has anyone noticed that on this site, each of the videos has a different URL (duh, but I actually have a point...) They go up in numerical order, but with a minor discrepency here and there. This is video 78, so why is it 111 in the URL? Every few videos there is a skip in the URL numbers! I only noticed this in the last two weeks or so, but the spaces could be a "guarantee" that the creators can upload currently non-canon vids that turn out to be cannon in order as they happened. And also, Gemma was not immediately made cannon, she put out two videos before the creators acknowledged her.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 19 of 20

Jump to: