Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0078 "Fleeing the Watcher"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Innnnnnnnnnnteresting. Thanks for the link -- I didn't think of looking in Wikipedia.

BTW, ironic coincidence: when I clicked the link, up popped an ad for Lasik surgery . . . with a huge photo of an eye.
covedweller

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmi-Chan wrote:
maybe they stopped by his parents' house before they left, or called from the road, I dunno.

This is one of those OpAphid tie-in things, but in a phone message in the game it says that Daniel has missed his JC classes and his mom thinks he is camping. We got this phone message last Thursday. You hear it on the in-game voicemail of the Tachyon's partner: 310-933-5901
DontHaveAClue
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Languorous Lass wrote:
Innnnnnnnnnnteresting. Thanks for the link -- I didn't think of looking in Wikipedia.

BTW, ironic coincidence: when I clicked the link, up popped an ad for Lasik surgery . . . with a huge photo of an eye.

Shocked the illuminati! There are everywhere! Trainer is right.....
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, DontHaveAClue, you think the music is a diegetic element of the video? Having read the Wikipedia description, I would tend to think it's non-diegetic in this particular vid. But I suspect you might not agree. Wink
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Languorous Lass wrote:

Uh Oh! You are being WATCHED! Wink
DontHaveAClue
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Languorous Lass wrote:
So, DontHaveAClue, you think the music is a diegetic element of the video? Having read the Wikipedia description, I would tend to think it's non-diegetic in this particular vid. But I suspect you might not agree. Wink

Ok, there we will go a little deeper into the stuff. In general diegetic sounds are sounds created by objects visible in the frame. In cinema, however, when the music follows the action and create a climax with the events, it is considered diegetic. Because even if it's obviously off screen it's an element that tells the story seen on screen. It was the case in that vid. Now imagine a scene where a woman is calmly walking at night through her house, unsuspecting of anything, but you know the killer is behind the door and the music is really dramatic while there is nothing dramatic at all about that woman simply walking in her house....then the music tells a different story, that's an other level of narration, and it is extra-diegetic. You have to think in terms of levels of narration. What is told, what is suggested. What is seen, what is not. The difference can be sometimes really thin.
DontHaveAClue
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway, all this is pretty boring if you're not into literature and story telling, but if you're interested in it, I strongly suggest you read Gerard Genette's Narratice Discourse: an Essay in Method. It's brilliant.
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, DontHaveAClue. I am interested in literature and storytelling, but I was in college before the days of the deconstructionists, so a lot of the concepts associated with them are new to me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Page 16 of 16

Jump to: