Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wired Magazine Feature Story on Lonelygirl15
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> LG15 in the Press
View previous topic :: View next topic  
covedweller

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:37 am    Post subject: Wired Magazine Feature Story on Lonelygirl15 Reply with quote

http://www.wired.com/news/wiredmag/0,72138-0.html?tw=rss.index

Very interesting...
PushedButton
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:26 am    Post subject: Re: Wired Magazine Feature Story on Lonelygirl15 Reply with quote

covedweller wrote:

Very interesting...

Yes, yes it is.
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: Wired Magazine Feature Story on Lonelygirl15 Reply with quote

PushedButton wrote:
covedweller wrote:

Very interesting...

Yes, yes it is.

its awesome on the simpsons where hes reading wired but he thinks its wierd magazine Laughing

that crazy homer

My lawyers told me to edit the content of this signature so i didn't get sued

Me and Oobles are 'TWAT's - 'The Worldwide Association of Threadjacking' Smile
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: Wired Magazine Feature Story on Lonelygirl15 Reply with quote

iamcool wrote:
PushedButton wrote:
covedweller wrote:

Very interesting...

Yes, yes it is.

its awesome on the simpsons where hes reading wired but he thinks its wierd magazine Laughing

that crazy homer

You should stop jumping around the forums for a minute and read the article. It addresses the alleged "spin-offs" that you keep screaming "FAKE" at. Maybe they're not so "fake" after all.
HyeMew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"As Bree's universe expands, each new character will have his or her own vlog. Flinders can't write and film them all, so new writer-directors have been hired and paired with actors playing the new characters."

THIS IS SCARY- HOW MANY OF THEM OUT THERE... ARE REALLY THEM?!

(and interestingly, if you read this article it was written at the end of September... does this mean there were actually plants out there already (Cassie? And there were others which had started up by this time, though the way this is written it sounds like it'd have to be vlogs that showed up with actual actors playing parts.) How many of the unofficial vlogs are out there that were already up and running pre-late September?

Last edited by HyeMew on Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
ravensgrace

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: Wired Magazine Feature Story on Lonelygirl15 Reply with quote

covedweller wrote:

Very interesting...

Yay! They finally made Wired! Cool

Quote:
When the show started in June with a two-minute YouTube posting by Bree -- played by actress Jessica Rose -- Flinders would rearrange his room after each shoot. He'd take down the pictures of Rose as a baby, stash the stuffed animals, and swap out the girly bedspread for his more masculine blue-and-white-striped blanket. Now, three months into the project and with hundreds of thousands of regular viewers, he doesn't bother. It's too much work, even though it has blown some great opportunities for him. Last week, he spotted his neighbors -- two Playboy playmates -- and invited them in. They glanced at his room, got suspicious, and quickly left.

Laughing *falls off chair*
[04:03] <lyriclyinclined> with the exception of a bad apple pucker incident
Mesh Flinders
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:30 am    Post subject: Wired Article Reply with quote

I want to clear up some innaccuracies in the Wired Article.

Lonelygirl15 wasn’t my idea... it was Miles Beckett’s. Let me be very clear about that. It was Miles’ idea to tell a story through a series of viral videos. It was Miles’ idea to create a fictional videoblogger and to use that fictional blogger to tell a story. In fact when I met Miles, he had already started a company to harness the power of the internet to tell stories (not merely post video clips on the internet)

In the future when people look back on the impact that Lonelygirl15 has had on Internet Video the credit is Miles'. The things that I have contributed to the project could have just as easily been done in film or television. Miles puts in more man hours than I do and suffers more when the fans aren’t happy. He brought all of us together to achieve this vision.

Have no fear, Miles, Greg, Amanda and I love working together and will continue to bring you this exciting new form of entertainment, it is just sad that our first, big magazine article in an internet-centric publication doesn’t make the scope of Miles’ vision clear. It is because the reporter who wrote the story is a friend of my
family’s and I'm saddened to see that the story was told with this bias.

Sincerely,

Mesh Flinders
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: Wired Article Reply with quote

Mesh Flinders wrote:

Lonelygirl15 wasn’t my idea... it was Miles Beckett’s. Let me be very clear about that. It was Miles’ idea to tell a story through a series of viral videos. It was Miles’ idea to create a fictional videoblogger and to use that fictional blogger to tell a story. In fact when I met Miles, he had already started a company to harness the power of the internet to tell stories (not merely post video clips on the internet)

In the future when people look back on the impact that Lonelygirl15 has had on Internet Video the credit is Miles'. The things that I have contributed to the project could have just as easily been done in film or television. Miles puts in more man hours than I do and suffers more when the fans aren’t happy. He brought all of us together to achieve this vision.

Have no fear, Miles, Greg, Amanda and I love working together and will continue to bring you this exciting new form of entertainment, it is just sad that our first, big magazine article in an internet-centric publication doesn’t make the scope of Miles’ vision clear. It is because the reporter who wrote the story is a friend of my

Sincerely,

Mesh Flinders

I've never had much luck with the media when it comes to an accurate portrayal of anything I or my company has been involved in. It's unfortunate but it's reality - everyone has their own agenda.

Rest assured though, that we have become a family here at the LG website. We fully support the efforts of the staff and actors and appreciate the sacrifices that have been made to make this "come to life" and are honored to be a part of a media revolution.

Thanks to Miles for his amazing vision. And thanks to you, Greg and Amanda for your amazing stamina.
Lizard219
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: Wired Article Reply with quote

[quote="trainer101"]
Mesh Flinders wrote:

Sincerely,

Mesh Flinders

Aww, that part about suffering when the fans aren't happy made me feel guilty. *zips lips* I shall never complain about Gemma's role in the story again! I shouldn't, anyhow, because as much as I've enjoyed the story thus far, I should have more faith that anything included in said story is included for a reason.

Sorry they got it wrong! Do they have one of those teensy little correction sections like USWeekly or Entertainment Weekly?
betz28
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Wired Article Reply with quote

trainer101 wrote:
Mesh Flinders wrote:

Sincerely,

Mesh Flinders

I've never had much luck with the media when it comes to an accurate portrayal of anything I or my company has been involved in. It's unfortunate but it's reality - everyone has their own agenda.

Rest assured though, that we have become a family here at the LG website. We fully support the efforts of the staff and actors and appreciate the sacrifices that have been made to make this "come to life" and are honored to be a part of a media revolution.

Thanks to Miles for his amazing vision. And thanks to you, Greg and Amanda for your amazing stamina.

I second that!!!! Thanks for the wonderful show.
jessicaleerose
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I felt too that stories we told were overdramatized to I guess make a better story.. I felt as though it made me seem both unpleasant and unattractive and as if I was completely rude about the project in the begining which was never the case.. I simply was hesitant/distrusting, it was never as big a deal as it seems to have been portrayed.. BUT what can ya do ay? Anywhooo Thanks for being supportive guys Razz
HyeMew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jessicaleerose wrote:
I felt too that stories we told were overdramatized to I guess make a better story.. I felt as though it made me seem both unpleasant and unattractive and as if I was completely rude about the project in the begining which was never the case.. I simply was hesitant/distrusting, it was never as big a deal as it seems to have been portrayed.. BUT what can ya do ay? Anywhooo Thanks for being supportive guys Razz

Wow welcome Jess, it's nice to hear that from your point of view! Yeah I had a feeling that they exaggerated your reaction to this in the beginning.
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW, Jess, I thought you came across as perfectly reasonable in the Wired article. And you look gorgeous on the cover of the hard-copy edition; I actually went out and bought one to save. (No, no, I'm not a stalker or a perv, don't worry.)
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jessicaleerose wrote:

You of all people should NEVER be portrayed as unattractive. You're gorgeous! I'm jealous.
heyiknowsyou
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say i was super excited when i got my new Wired and LG15 not only had an article in it, but the front cover as well. I began parading it around, showing it to everyone i knew proclaiming the dawn of a new age--internet has more power than we think. If you think about it, it is amazing that LG15 got the cover, as its a relatively new thing. They must have written the article JUST after the show being outed. Shame about no studios being interested in the project tho. I know i'd back it if i were a millionare...

im also excited that i didn't have to pick up a silly girly magazine to read an article on LG, but instead got to stick with my perfectly nerdy rag.

snaps to Wired, snaps to The Creators, and snaps to the fans, cause...well, just cause thats what its all about.

Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> LG15 in the Press All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: