Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NBR - [discussion] My Theory
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> In-Depth Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
echoesofury
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: NBR - [discussion] My Theory Reply with quote

When I first saw the posts and videos by NikkiBowerReport, it seemed interesting, but looking more at her posts I grew suspicious.

Every time a sensitive question was asked, Nikki used an excuse to avoid giving more details. It seemed like there was some reason other than her not wanting to reveal her source or 'use' the box. Maybe she wasn't allowed to say more?

I think Nikki found the box because The Creators told her to. The symbol was then incorporated into the canon videos to draw attention to Nikki's, and there may be more clues there. It could be that Nikki's will be the start of the ARG The Creators were talking about.

The Creators won't announce Nikki as canon because they want us to believe she is just a normal fan, which adds realism. It also allows people to avoid hers as 'fanfic' videos, while those who are interested in everything can get involved with that.

I also got the impression that Nikki was acting the entire time, and if she was told to act surprised when she found the box, that could explain that impression.

edit: I probably should have posted this in the fanfics section. Sorry bout that.
Kristine
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They didn't admit Gemma was Cannon right away either. So you never know.
storyteller
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikki is also the first one to announce that Yousef wasn't leaving the production- she said she got a tip from a friend who worked with LG15- about an hour before the creators posted anything. It's possible she is the ARG connection- but the way she strings out the clues and is so cryptic about how and what she finds turned me off before the third video.
LadyBugGirl
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. I can't really get into her videos because she never has any answers/explainations (and is never able to give any answers either). So, it's kinda pointless to watch the videos if no new information is ever given in them.
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part of what Nikki does is provide a forshadowing of events to come. From previewing the "watchers eye" in the first vid to her mention of "shifting winds" and how things are gonna change.

If you read her comments in the forum you'll note that she's had corespondence with Tachyon who references the book "The Outsiders", a story about growth, change, and how things can never be the same as they once were.

Last edited by trainer101 on Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
trunbuns
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trainer101 wrote:
If you read her comments in the forum you'll note that she's had corespondence with Tachyon who references the book "The Outsiders", a story about growth, change and how things can never be the same as they once were.

is that the same 'the outsiders' that the glorious brian atene was performing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWbl4vQLfr4

man I love that video
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, that's the one. Rolling Eyes

It's actually a really good book. Though you'd never know it from Brian.

Here's the Wikipedia description of the book. But I'd suggest getting a copy of the original novel, so you won't miss any details.
glowe126
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trunbuns wrote:
trainer101 wrote:
If you read her comments in the forum you'll note that she's had corespondence with Tachyon who references the book "The Outsiders", a story about growth, change and how things can never be the same as they once were.

is that the same 'the outsiders' that the glorious brian atene was performing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWbl4vQLfr4

man I love that video

Laughing

That video rocks. Apparently some people think he was trying to act out a really bad scene from a popular movie as a somewhat overly trained and pompous Julliard student. I think it is hilarious. And I also think it is hilarious that that one guy pretended to be him in the present and made his own series.

I think Nikki has some connections definitely. There's no way anyone could find all of those locations in the Los Angeles area. I checked her youtube account and she subscribed to kinky friedman's campaign videos (the independent candidate who should have won the governor's election in my opinion). So I think she is cool. Maybe she is a native Texan as well? Nikki?

It's good that she brings people up to speed though. I liked the foreshadowing. Although lately, I think that has diminished. My only complaint about the last one, for instance, is that I already knew all of the information and theories she told us. It was cool to see that house though!
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats all what being a journalist is...having connections (trust me I know...I am one)
As for if she's cannon or fanfic....i'm starting to think that she's semi-cannon, if i can call her that.

I think what it is, is that she is friends of someone that works with the show. And just decided to randomly do something just to go along with the fans. but the creators liked the idea so much that they kind of nudge her along her merry little way. But in a .... friendly way, more then a professional way.

TH box that was found, was found because of a video (i'm assuming) fom the youtube account "breeiswatching". Honestly it is one of the most SCREWED UP videos i've ever seen. But very Cassie-esque. Now, if my suspicions are true and that the creators are helpfully nudging her along, I start to wonder....was cassie cannon? and is my theory correct about OpAphid being a continuation of Cassie.....anyways thats a different topic.

I would really like to see Niki become cannon, but it wouldn't make much sense to the story. Because all we have are characters characters characters, who are "normal" as the can get...in this situation. To have a investigative journalist following them around and looking for "clues" or "hints" wouldn't make that much sense to the story. But it would be nice to know if the creators nudge her along a bit.

another thing i'd like to know was who's house that was....i'm starting to wonder if it was someone's to do wit the series. And they just didn't want everyone to go to their house.

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that she's definitely associated with the creators, probably as a means of connecting the "real world" of the forums with the "game world" of the canon videos, and disseminating information when necessary.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I think that makes sense.

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
Ruberic
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think she is so much as "canon". I believe she MAY be used by the creators to give us a reality based view into the world....and give us just a tease to create a more "real" environment for the game.

Think of it as a news program in the "LG15" world. It gives you info, hints at what may be happening...but in reality does not affect the game-play or show.

Pseudo-canon...I like that word.

I also believe she is tipped off (or directly told) by the creators to add things in.

Just my thoughts.

EDIT: Just thought of something (DUH, I know) that lead credence to the idea that the creators are utilizing Gemma...and she isn't just another accidental fan flick.

When Nicki is at the appartment...she is looking for a name that looks familiar...such as "Gemma" or "Lucy". Hmm...considering that these are NOT the actual names of the actresses playing the characters...that would be odd.

Nicki ALWAYS refers to characters by their real names when she hunts for them. I know...she wants to keep it part of the story...however, it seems a bit odd to me.
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruberic wrote:
When Nicki is at the appartment...she is looking for a name that looks familiar...such as "Gemma" or "Lucy". Hmm...considering that these are NOT the actual names of the actresses playing the characters...that would be odd.

Nicki ALWAYS refers to characters by their real names when she hunts for them. I know...she wants to keep it part of the story...however, it seems a bit odd to me.

It makes perfect sense to me. If Nikki is supposedly operating within the "Breeniverse," then the names on the mailboxes would be those of Gemma or Lucy, not Jackie or . . . er, whoever plays Lucy. That would be the case whether or not Nikki is canon. Particularly since it's been made clear that the actors themselves, and their real lives, are out of bounds for LG15 fans and their vids.
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My theory is that Nikki is adorable!

Reporters are muy sexy! Very Happy
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with BK

shes just a sexy reporter Wink

My lawyers told me to edit the content of this signature so i didn't get sued

Me and Oobles are 'TWAT's - 'The Worldwide Association of Threadjacking' Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> In-Depth Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: