Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OpAphid FAQ/Q&A Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dannie717
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: What IS this?? Reply with quote

tigerlilylynn wrote:

1) The drops contain clues that have moved the plot forward. Drop one gave us the name of the agent and her youtube account. Drop 2 told us her thoughts on Aphid and Thelema. Drop 3 was a little warning to Op and some help for the new spies (read: Players). Other clues from the drops will be put together later as some aren't solved yet.

2) ARGs are, to a degree, make it up as you go along and almost always are figure it out as it comes at you. Where we stand now the game is The Order's militant branch, OpAphid, is out to keep secrets secret and preserve the ceremony amongst other things. Tachyon and Brother are set against OpAphid but we know little else.

3) Brother is an agent working for the same group as Tachyon and has been playing dumb in monitored communication. We know little else

The games been going on for over a month so we've gotten this info slower and in a more digestible form. If this all had happened in under a week we'd all have passed out with nosebleeds, I'm sure of it. ^_^

Thank you! That clears some things up
but where do you guys get the info about all this stuff? I've watched OpAphid's videos but I still don't know how you guys know all this stuff - Like, where the drops are - I guess theres just clues (which obviously, I can't see) that lead you to more clues that lead you to information?
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: What IS this?? Reply with quote

Dannie717 wrote:
tigerlilylynn wrote:

1) The drops contain clues that have moved the plot forward. Drop one gave us the name of the agent and her youtube account. Drop 2 told us her thoughts on Aphid and Thelema. Drop 3 was a little warning to Op and some help for the new spies (read: Players). Other clues from the drops will be put together later as some aren't solved yet.

2) ARGs are, to a degree, make it up as you go along and almost always are figure it out as it comes at you. Where we stand now the game is The Order's militant branch, OpAphid, is out to keep secrets secret and preserve the ceremony amongst other things. Tachyon and Brother are set against OpAphid but we know little else.

3) Brother is an agent working for the same group as Tachyon and has been playing dumb in monitored communication. We know little else

The games been going on for over a month so we've gotten this info slower and in a more digestible form. If this all had happened in under a week we'd all have passed out with nosebleeds, I'm sure of it. ^_^

Thank you! That clears some things up
but where do you guys get the info about all this stuff? I've watched OpAphid's videos but I still don't know how you guys know all this stuff - Like, where the drops are - I guess theres just clues (which obviously, I can't see) that lead you to more clues that lead you to information?

The first drop was used before in Cassie's game so we knew that one already. The second drop was difficult and they were counting on us to recognize the location. The third had three location signs that made googleing easier.
Eggy
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: Some Questions Reply with quote

Ok, I'm new to the whole ARG game thing and I have a few questions.

-I understand how OpAphid ties into Lonelygirl, but is OpAhphid The Order or is it different?
- Also how does Tachyon tie in? Is Tachyon a different game or is it the same game?
-Is there a current puzzle that everyone is working on or are we just waiting for another video...
-and finally what is gamejacking?

I love Lonelygirl and I'm so excited that there is more to the story than just the Lonelygirl videos.
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Near as we can figure...

OpAphid is part of the Order.

Tachyon is someone who used to be in the Order, but left for reasons known only to her.

We are still working on items from the last drop.

Gamejacking is when someone tries to ruin and take over a game.
MrsCop
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya Eggy! Isn't it grand? I'm an OpA junkie..

Read everything you can in these forums. Many people here are truly brilliant. I, however, am not one of those people. Silenced

~tigerlilylynn
Cassie_xx
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Of phone numbers and such... Reply with quote

OK. My friend and I called Tachyon from a phone booth today, because we we bored...we called an old number and got an operator for some reason.
(Haha, you can't make collect calls to Tachyon XD)
So, for Tachyon,
415-670-9198 is the current number to call, right?
What is Aphid's?

Thanks, guys.
rodrigogar
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

new to opaphid too, i spent my whole yesterday reading the lgpedia and part of the forums, seeing the videos of opa an tachyon, and the drops.

i have one question though: is tachyon good or bad?

am guessing opa = bad because opa = the order.
so, why are some people in the forum choosing to be on the opaphid side? (phone calls).

so, is brother good or bad? Did he made the calls in behalf of Opaphid? or opaphid somehow tapped the lines to know the forums answer and then give them te welcome or the warning?.

also, i would like to know what are we working on now, i would like to help, but i do not know much about base64 and all that beautiful coding, plus i dont live near by, i am in florida.

www.youtube.com/user/rodrigogar

http://lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=913&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=1110
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ziola wrote:
Near as we can figure...

OpAphid is part of the Order.

Tachyon is someone who used to be in the Order, but left for reasons known only to her.

We are still working on items from the last drop.

Gamejacking is when someone tries to ruin and take over a game.

tachyon is a person who was infiltrating the order as a part of a secret agency (like the CIA or something neat like that)

and there isn't a way to say good or bad it really depends on how you see it and which side you have choosen in character.

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tiltingwindward
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rodrigogar wrote:
new to opaphid too, i spent my whole yesterday reading the lgpedia and part of the forums, seeing the videos of opa an tachyon, and the drops.

i have one question though: is tachyon good or bad?

am guessing opa = bad because opa = the order.
so, why are some people in the forum choosing to be on the opaphid side? (phone calls).

so, is brother good or bad? Did he made the calls in behalf of Opaphid? or opaphid somehow tapped the lines to know the forums answer and then give them te welcome or the warning?.

also, i would like to know what are we working on now, i would like to help, but i do not know much about base64 and all that beautiful coding, plus i dont live near by, i am in florida.

As killthesmiley said, I don't think there's a simple answer to the question of whether Tach and Brother are good or bad. What we can say for certain is that they oppose OpA. Since we don't know exactly what OpA's motivations are, that doesn't help a whole lot, but at least it gives you somewhere to start thinking. Brother and Tach are on the same side (at least, we think so) and may or may not be part of another secret organization which infiltrated OpA. OpA had tapped Brother's phone (we think they got the number when they stole Tach's phone), which is why he has been trying to acquire a new secure phone number and send that number in code to Tach.

At the moment, we're still analyzing the information from the last drop, which you can find here: http://lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3349 and here: http://lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3495 . We're waiting for further communication from Tach/OpA/Brother as well. Hope that helps!
ForeverMourn
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrsCop wrote:
I'm an OpA junkie..

Looove it!

CuddleBunni Is My LG15 SoulMate. Smile

My YT Vids
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TJ Marsh
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForeverMourn wrote:
MrsCop wrote:
I'm an OpA junkie..

Looove it!

same here, just dont get involved much.
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Don't ask me...I'm here for comic relief.

Liar
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In game phone numbers are as follows

(213) 814-2839 - Tachyon's phone lost at her "last job"
(310) 933-6263 - Temporary line used for mash up
(310) 933-5901 - Brother's phone
(415) 670-9198 - Tachyon's latest phone
pnktinkerbell21
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called those numbers. Got more confused.

I'd like to get into the drops but even after reading the info I don't understand how to. I mean like I have followed the storyline and everything... I dunno I wish I could have been into all this from the beginning but I wasn't and now it seems I am too late to try...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
pnktinkerbell21
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called those numbers. Got more confused.

I'd like to get into the drops but even after reading the info I don't understand how to. I mean like I have followed the storyline and everything... I dunno I wish I could have been into all this from the beginning but I wasn't and now it seems I am too late to try...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: