Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OpAphid FAQ/Q&A Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
romanceismusic
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beckers wrote:
his videos are just fireworks.

and gemma Wink
Op Heads
GTKEO Addicts

I love you all!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Balmung
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: i've almost figured it out... Reply with quote

tigerlilylynn wrote:
kalika wrote:
Let me jump on the confusion bandwagon and have a seasoned vet confirm my suspicions?

So Tachyon is the person that broke into Op's "information gathering facilities" on the 28th. I noticed that Tachyon's "I gotta get out of here" video and OpAphid's, "go check the park and make sure we didnt' miss anything" video were both released on October 28th, which makes sense. (see, i did my homework! I'm trying!)

Are the drops supposed to be things she's taken from OpAphid's and is leaving for Brother, but forum members are getting to it first? Are the forum member's that retrieve the drops all on OpAphid's side?

Here's the confusion, I know it's not a game and all, but if the OpAphid people are keeping these things from getting to brother, do we assume that brother can't look on line and see all the discussion about it?

Are threre forum members that are on Tachyon's side that are trying to get to the drops too before OpAphid's people?

Tigerlilylynn, you're so patient with the newcomers, thank you for that! I'm so impresed with all you peeps for figuring so much of this out!

~kalika

In Tachyon's vid she mentions also a courier. That day there was confusion as to if she meant brother, us or a third party. We still aren't clear. The story says these things were accidentally left behind. In fact, the clues left verified her id which she would have prefered Op never get.

The second drop was for Brother but we got there first. The third was for us and contained a warning for Op and their side.

Now we come to the great debate of ARG's: In Game vs Out of Game
On unfiction's site it's forbiden for puppet masters to use info from the board for the characters. As in the baddie can't read the board and disown their double agents. We think this board is OOG and only the in character boards are ingame. Any messages left on the youtube accounts are IG but responce videos like mine are seen as OOG.

So far both sides are working together which is how most games are run. But this isnt' most games since it looks like we may be split anyway (I'm not pleased with this since secretiveness isn't my bag, baby). Noa, Arch, Lad and Luv have picked up drops so far. I think 1 is on tachyon's side and 2 are ops with the last unknown so it's fair game thus far and we always share. (sharing is caring and moving the story along)

Thanks ^_^

Ok the biggest thing I don't get is that Tachyon's followers and the OPs are enemies, so why are we working together? shouldn't we be competing to decrypt and retreive drops independently of each other?

and i'm still not clear on the objective of the game. is it just to understand more of the storyline, or do we have an active role in assisting either tachyon or brother in their objectives? or do we not know yet?
Balmung
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: ok i saw the answer to my first question Reply with quote

I see that having totally opposing sides wouldn't work out,

but i'm still not sure about the second part..
tiltingwindward
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has not yet been made clear what the ultimate goal/purpose is for either OpA or Tachyon/Brother. We have some idea of the short term goals for each (OpA wants to get Bree under their influence, if not in their possession, Tachyon wants to keep OpA from doing so), but we don't know why each group does what it does. Until we discover that, we just have to play along and try to make the wisest decisions we can.
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: ok i saw the answer to my first question Reply with quote

Balmung wrote:
I see that having totally opposing sides wouldn't work out,

but i'm still not sure about the second part..

Again this falls to "this isn't the average ARG" (for better or worse). Normally, when it's generally one sided, everyone works to a certian end. In Sammmeeeees they needed to solve the myteries and rescue the Sammmeeeees from their captors, for example.

Most games are set up with a framed plot and ending that the PM hopes to guide towards and adjusts this as needed. In this case, the PM needed creepy villian first so we got Oppy with Cassie as the other side. Then when Cassie fell, they added Tachyon. This was smart since it limited the impact other games/plots had on the PMs plot.

However, this order of introduction is why so many support Oppy. Same snarkyness but we got Oppy first. Newer players get both at once and choose Tachyon. The game has progressed to a more one sided style and, honestly, loyalties aren't really there. The focus on sides is something older players don't think about since it's never effected game play. Newer players get the whole epic thrust on them and take note of all the propaganda portions of the story but these are just for flavor and do not impact us as a team. Singular. Go team us.
ladron121
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Balmung, maybe this thread will help out a bit:

http://lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6414&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Balmung
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think i got it; we don't really know what our objectives are, so we don't have any reason to take opposing sides, even though our groups are "enemies".

and ladron i read the thread and it did help some. thnx Very Happy
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much. Welcome to the land of confusions Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: