Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The next installment will be newbie friendly
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anne
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The answer (phone number) to the 5/5 puzzle was kept secret for the first few hours after it was solved (at the request of OpAphid). We are told it was done to maintain the experience for those who wished to solve the puzzle themselves and earn the "well done" first heard upon calling the phone number. This left a bad taste in the mouths of many, both new players who don't understand why people aren't giving out the answers and veterans who aren't used to a PM who locks down their game to quite this level.

OpAphid has since stated that if there are to be any other "grace periods" on revealing the solution to a future puzzle, they will be limited to a span of 2-4 hours. Recent puzzles have no had no such restrictions."

There. Now we can all be happy and just play.
Anne
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And hey - before you call me a noob and brush me off all hater-ifically, just know that I only recently became aware they were turning it into an ARG (I don't read the comments on the main page bc 90% of them are useless)

But once I found out, I spent all night reading up on the plot and the puzzles - so now I am just as well-versed as anyone about the story. I just want to play with you guys - don't hate me cos I'm different Sad Embarassed
covedweller

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lately the puzzles have been 100% teamwork based, so we can't afford secrets! That music one was killer, but a lot of fun. Laughing
covedweller

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anne wrote:
And hey - before you call me a noob and brush me off all hater-ifically, just know that I only recently became aware they were turning it into an ARG (I don't read the comments on the main page bc 90% of them are useless)

But once I found out, I spent all night reading up on the plot and the puzzles - so now I am just as well-versed as anyone about the story. I just want to play with you guys - don't hate me cos I'm different Sad Embarassed

We don't hate noobs. I think that got blown up but it was a concern. Or maybe it was a reaction to the hateful things some LG15 fans were writing about a series we love that was obviously tied to LG15 in an official way finally becoming officially official. Laughing
Danielle
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killthesmiley wrote:
ladron121 wrote:
Danielle...your mom ! Twisted Evil

how's that for mature Laughing

sorry, couldn't resist

lmao
i lurve you landron!

LURVE yes i said LURVE!

I am the mom Ladron, deal with it! <3<3
<DTayl> i'm the bad sister
Luv2Luvem
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danielle wrote:
EVERYONE TAKE A DEEP BREATH
Feel better now? Everyone?
I'm getting really frustrated with the attitude that is going around on this forum, this is hardly a war. So can we dispose of the them vs. us mentality.

People from both sides of this argument are getting immature and out of hand. I can see both frustrations, I've been following OpAphid as a lurker for about 3 months and finally registered and opened my mouth about it a month after lurking. I understand how cliquicy everything seems to be, but if you treat everyone with respect you can get on just fine.

I'm sick of seeing personal attacks going on, lets not go off on each other's characters and cool off. There are positives to this, as well as negatives... right now everyone needs to be patient and have faith that the creators/pms know what they are doing.

Dani!!! This is an awesome post, thank you. I've been reading the forum for 2 days now getting continually more frustrated with every post I read.

To the people who are upset that there will be new people coming into the game: get over it. We were all new once and all got help from someone. Return the favor if you are asked.

And to the people who haven't been following, not everyone feels the way they do. Just not a lot of us have made huge posts about it. There are those of us that are happy about this turn of events and who would be glad to lend a helping hand, so please don't judge all of us by what a few have posted.

I shall get some rest when the profile tells me to.
tech4u2hire
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Just a thought.... Reply with quote

Hey everyone...I am somewhat a noob to the whole OP-APHID scene...so as a noob guess I will add my two cents worth:

1) To the vets - Canonism has its pluses and minuses...I am an optomistic person soooo I see the positives. It also gives you all a chance to spread the wealth. A huge part of ARG's is the "community"

2) To fellow noobs (not a derogative term, just a fact) - If you can help any new people to understand what is going on then by all means please try to help. There are alot of the vets that have been working really hard to help make the transition smooth. Use your resources wisely...there are plenty of resources right here in the forums.......read those before you post.... if you still dont find the answer then definatly feel free to ask people either here or in the chat or wherever.

I am really looking forward to seeing the benifits that the added resources should bring and hey maybe we wont have to drive for HOURS to get a drop.......will be nice to have people closer!

Hope we all can get along for the sake of the operation, don't sweat the little stuff.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

covedweller wrote:
Anne wrote:

We don't hate noobs. I think that got blown up but it was a concern. Or maybe it was a reaction to the hateful things some LG15 fans were writing about a series we love that was obviously tied to LG15 in an official way finally becoming officially official. Laughing

Officially?

Laughing
Falls
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
Heh. I like how some people are talking about us 'newbies' like we haven't been around since day one. Like we hadn't religiously followed CiW like they have OpAphid...and now they are ticked about US joining in? Hey, we're a bit ticked about the way this went down, too. After the letdown that was CiW, which launched this website's popularity, how can anyone blame us for not wanting to jump right in to what, by all appearances, was just another fan playing around with the ARG concept? Well, nice of you to not want us in. Great job, creatatrons, a lovely little loving community you've created, here....where people here for months are now the shunned outcasts.

I certainly hear that. WHen I posted here a few months back, I was only here for a little bit. I liked to lurk here more than anything, but I was still a member.

Comming back to find CiW a big caput, it wasn't fun. What's more, is it doesn't seem like anyone would hear my ideas if I were to jump in. So, though I'vebeena member for a while I'm probably going to be treated liek a 'newbie'.
absolution
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USE OF THE WORD "NOOB" or "NEWBIE" in OpA threads = New to OpAphid, but not new to LG15.
Don't get defensive because it's a fact and not being used as an insult.
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Guys, I got en email from Op saying we (those of us who have been playilng all along) have gotten a promotion in the order and that we are not to haze the new recruits. I'm not at home so I can't screen cap, but I'll do it later this week if anyone wants me to.
ladron121
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ziola wrote:
Hey Guys, I got en email from Op saying we (those of us who have been playilng all along) have gotten a promotion in the order and that we are not to haze the new recruits. I'm not at home so I can't screen cap, but I'll do it later this week if anyone wants me to.

A promotion? Sweet! Hello paid vacation and 401k!
Danielle
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ziola wrote:

That better be me, I could use some benefits.
<DTayl> i'm the bad sister
ixlr8
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danielle wrote:
Ziola wrote:

That better be me, I could use some benefits.

Benefits eh? Well I already have a boatload of vacation, major medical, dental and vision.... so Oppy, you better pony up with a decent 401k, plus all of the above if you want me.....

Mike
Jewelybug
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ziola wrote:

LOL that amuses me. I would love to see it.

Eh, I dont need paid vacation, as long as I can get decent hours.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: