Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can we get back to the show?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Can we get back to the show? Reply with quote

It’s so hard to understand what people want. Confused A group of people make lg15, and it turns out to be an internet series (fiction, not fake). Fast forward through the accusations of “fakeness,” CassieisWatching, blah, blah, blah, etc. Skip to when Gemma comes along, and some people start their bellyaching about this new character and how she doesn’t “deserve” to be “canon” (as if the makers of LG15 are going to call up some viewer and ask him or her to become an actor in this show Shocked ).Things settle down for a while, and during this slow down, some people complain that there is too much fan interaction (see: posts on this forum from people complaining that the makers of the series are relying too much on viewer ideas); meanwhile, other people complain that there is too little fan interaction (see: posts from people complaining that all the forum fans have done is named stuffed animals). Confused Then OpAphid emerges and grabs the attention of viewers who enjoy puzzle solving, etc. Then OpAphid is announced as the official ARG of LG15. This throws some people into a panicked frenzy as if the world was ending or the series’ creators need to call viewers up individually to get their approval. I just don’t get it. Confused

When the makers of LG15 announced that fans could develop their own pieces, some folks did in good-natured fun. TWJ came out as a concerned fan who gave advice to Bree and Daniel. (He also made the hilarious kitty-litter “come and get it” video.) There were a bunch of neat and creative stories emerging, such as Dr. I, Nikki Bower, LordGreystoke, not to mention L.October's kick-but press conferences, etc., plus my own bizarre HSA, (which demonstrated that I Embarassed am no “creator,” just interested in adding something different to forum viewers who like school and reading and creepy teachers who spontaneously combust Shocked Confused Rolling Eyes ). Whatever. It should never get so serious that people begin swearing at each other Sad , being rude to excited newcomers who want to share their ideas Sad , or acting all territorial about something that they did not create Sad .

So what if Nikki Bower could be canon? So what if Jonas turns out to be canon? So what? Words like “betrayal” or “anger” seem a bit too serious for this show. This is what it is: a show. If people feel they have put countless hours of work into something, then those people should rethink their priorities. We’re not curing cancer here, people. We’re simply watching an interesting idea play out. Smile

I, for one, will not leave this forum until I get bored, have too little time, or lose my computer and/or internet access. This should be enjoyable. Very Happy People have gone as far as to say insulting things as if they are jealous that they have not been written into the script or have to wait a day to get onto a forum that is changing servers. Sad Some people act as if they have paid their hard-earned money or thought up this idea. Those in a panicked frenzy should calm down. Smile Relax. Smile Enjoy the show. Or make up something of your own, even if it sucks (and I speak from experience on making something that can suck Rolling Eyes ). Or be open to new people. Or share your ideas. There is enough bulls**t in the universe already. Why drag it over to the Breeniverse? Cool

Just saying.
Why don't we get back to enjoying what we want to enjoy and being nice to one another about it. It's not hard to do. Very Happy

I am afraid (on rereading my remarks) that this sounds rather inflammatory and seems like I am asking for a fight or a flame war or something. Shocked I am not. I just need to share how I feel. The good lord knows that I have read enough whining and complaining from others. I’d rather put it all in one long post, and be done with it, rather than add my own two cents here and there, in what could seem like a bunch of posts trashing others’ ideas. I am trashing no one in particular, and it is not my place to tell people what to do and how to feel. (Although I seem to be be doing just that...huh? Rolling Eyes ) I am only sharing my ideas. I am not the boss of anyone, nor am I pretending to be. Peace to all.

If a mod. feels the need to lock this thread because they feel it will only incite more anger and bitterness, feel free. I do understand. If it needs to go to the way-back of Bree’s closet in the rubbish heap, I would understand, too. It just gets tiresome hearing the same old complaints over and over again. We should be enjoying this, considering the amount of time some of us spend on this show. Again, peace. Smile
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Can we get back to the show? Reply with quote

gogo wrote:
It’s so hard to understand what people want. Confused A group of people make lg15, and it turns out to be an internet series (fiction, not fake). Fast forward through the accusations of “fakeness,” CassieisWatching, blah, blah, blah, etc. Skip to when Gemma comes along, and some people start their bellyaching about this new character and how she doesn’t “deserve” to be “canon” (as if the makers of LG15 are going to call up some viewer and ask him or her to become an actor in this show Shocked ).Things settle down for a while, and during this slow down, some people complain that there is too much fan interaction (see: posts on this forum from people complaining that the makers of the series are relying too much on viewer ideas); meanwhile, other people complain that there is too little fan interaction (see: posts from people complaining that all the forum fans have done is named stuffed animals). Confused Then OpAphid emerges and grabs the attention of viewers who enjoy puzzle solving, etc. Then OpAphid is announced as the official ARG of LG15. This throws some people into a panicked frenzy as if the world was ending or the series’ creators need to call viewers up individually to get their approval. I just don’t get it. Confused

When the makers of LG15 announced that fans could develop their own pieces, some folks did in good-natured fun. TWJ came out as a concerned fan who gave advice to Bree and Daniel. (He also made the hilarious kitty-litter “come and get it” video.) There were a bunch of neat and creative stories emerging, such as Dr. I, Nikki Bower, LordGreystoke, not to mention L.October's kick-but press conferences, etc., plus my own bizarre HSA, (which demonstrated that I Embarassed am no “creator,” just interested in adding something different to forum viewers who like school and reading and creepy teachers who spontaneously combust Shocked Confused Rolling Eyes ). Whatever. It should never get so serious that people begin swearing at each other Sad , being rude to excited newcomers who want to share their ideas Sad , or acting all territorial about something that they did not create Sad .

So what if Nikki Bower could be canon? So what if Jonas turns out to be canon? So what? Words like “betrayal” or “anger” seem a bit too serious for this show. This is what it is: a show. If people feel they have put countless hours of work into something, then those people should rethink their priorities. We’re not curing cancer here, people. We’re simply watching an interesting idea play out. Smile

I, for one, will not leave this forum until I get bored, have too little time, or lose my computer and/or internet access. This should be enjoyable. Very Happy People have gone as far as to say insulting things as if they are jealous that they have not been written into the script or have to wait a day to get onto a forum that is changing servers. Sad Some people act as if they have paid their hard-earned money or thought up this idea. Those in a panicked frenzy should calm down. Smile Relax. Smile Enjoy the show. Or make up something of your own, even if it sucks (and I speak from experience on making something that can suck Rolling Eyes ). Or be open to new people. Or share your ideas. There is enough bulls**t in the universe already. Why drag it over to the Breeniverse? Cool

Just saying.
Why don't we get back to enjoying what we want to enjoy and being nice to one another about it. It's not hard to do. Very Happy

I am afraid (on rereading my remarks) that this sounds rather inflammatory and seems like I am asking for a fight or a flame war or something. Shocked I am not. I just need to share how I feel. The good lord knows that I have read enough whining and complaining from others. I’d rather put it all in one long post, and be done with it, rather than add my own two cents here and there, in what could seem like a bunch of posts trashing others’ ideas. I am trashing no one in particular, and it is not my place to tell people what to do and how to feel. (Although I seem to be be doing just that...huh? Rolling Eyes ) I am only sharing my ideas. I am not the boss of anyone, nor am I pretending to be. Peace to all.

If a mod. feels the need to lock this thread because they feel it will only incite more anger and bitterness, feel free. I do understand. If it needs to go to the way-back of Bree’s closet in the rubbish heap, I would understand, too. It just gets tiresome hearing the same old complaints over and over again. We should be enjoying this, considering the amount of time some of us spend on this show. Again, peace. Smile

oryt ms.kelly chill out, u want me to give u a massage?

My lawyers told me to edit the content of this signature so i didn't get sued

Me and Oobles are 'TWAT's - 'The Worldwide Association of Threadjacking' Smile
gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: eep Reply with quote

Yikes!
Too much?
Should I beg a mod to move this?

(and uh, Josh, no massage from you, kiddo...)
DontHaveAClue
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Can we get back to the show? Reply with quote

gogo wrote:

Just saying.

I had to quote that again. It didn't read it (too long) but I like to watch at all these smileys nicely scattered in your post. Very Happy It looks like Christmas or something. Cheers me up.
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: eep Reply with quote

gogo wrote:
Yikes!
Too much?
Should I beg a mod to move this?

(and uh, Josh, no massage from you, kiddo...)

well are u going to give me 1 Wink haha i'm only jokin my love

and i'm glad u finally admitted i'm your star student Very Happy

gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, DHAC and Josh, I didn't write this super-long post for people to quote it and have super-long posts themselves. Embarassed
Smile
I did add all the smilies to lighten the mood. Happy Christmas, DHAC. Wink

And Josh, stop referring to me as Ms. Kelly. It's freaking me out. That's for another place and another time... Rolling Eyes Laughing
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gogo wrote:
You know, DHAC and Josh, I didn't write this super-long post for people to quote it and have super-long posts themselves. Embarassed
Smile
I did add all the smilies to lighten the mood. Happy Christmas, DHAC. Wink

And Josh, stop referring to me as Ms. Kelly. It's freaking me out. That's for another place and another time... Rolling Eyes Laughing

haha u kinky devil Wink Razz

what do u want me to call u then?

DontHaveAClue
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gogo wrote:

btw, I did read it, i was just joking about the length! Very Happy
gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Thanks, guys Reply with quote

Josh, uh sorry, iamcool, look to the left, precious. See, where the poster's name is. You can call me gogo, silly.

And DHAC, thanks for teasing me. I am in a happier mood now.

I really should post more often. (Just not long diatribes Rolling Eyes )
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks, guys Reply with quote

gogo wrote:
Josh, uh sorry, iamcool, look to the left, precious. See, where the poster's name is. You can call me gogo, silly.

And DHAC, thanks for teasing me. I am in a happier mood now.

I really should post more often. (Just not long diatribes Rolling Eyes )

no i want to call u by your name, i dont like calling people by there forum name

gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, Josh. Whatever will I do with you?
(Please don't answer...)

Call me whatever you want.
You wear me down.Smile
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gogo wrote:
(Please don't answer...)

You wear me down.Smile

haha Laughing

ermmm can i call you .... i cant think of anything Sad

whats your 1st name? or is that to personal?? Razz lol Smile

lordgreystoke422
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Can we get back to the show? Reply with quote

gogo wrote:

Just saying.

I can't answer for the Good Lord...but I can anwer for the kinda bad in a kinda good sorta way Lord...
GOGO...you ROCK!...yer the Bestest!

Call to Arms...Or Would That Be Feet? #54
http://one.revver.com/watch/156886/flv/affiliate/28541

There is No Ice Cream in the Champagne Room at the Ceremony #55
http://one.revver.com/watch/166473/flv/affiliate/28541

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lordgreystoke422
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gogo wrote:
(Please don't answer...)

You wear me down.Smile

When I get done with my dramas with OpAphid can I be the disciplinarian at the school.
As punishment I will lecture the Students...which reprimand lectures run 4 times as long as graduation speeches..

Call to Arms...Or Would That Be Feet? #54
http://one.revver.com/watch/156886/flv/affiliate/28541

There is No Ice Cream in the Champagne Room at the Ceremony #55
http://one.revver.com/watch/166473/flv/affiliate/28541

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: you rock Reply with quote

Laughing
You know what, LordGreystoke, you rock.

I admire humor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: