Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Drops
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: The Drops Reply with quote

[[Edit -- combined this thread with the drop rules, the rules can now be found here: http://lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3121 ]]

Ok now that we have confirmation that OpAphid is canon, I've been really scared about the drops.
We are ten times more likely to get either stupid idiots who want to be funny and go steal the drops, or stupid idiots who think that the wil be cool just because they live by there and flaunt that fact to get attention and go screw up the drop picking up-age (does that make sense to you guys???? Makes sense in my head...)

Anyways, I have been talking this over with a couple of people, and they fully agree. I know we've designated Drop picker-upers before for Cassie, but I was hoping to designate a whole Group of veterans who know the style of the drops, to figure out the clues on where they are and to go pick them up.

Anyways, i just want to lessen our chances of getting to drops stolen by some jerk, and getting the drops carelessly picked up by some ... i didn't want to post n00b or 13-16 year old thinking that they will get attention and moderator for picking up a drop...but I think the hints are there. In my post.
I really don't mean that in a bad way guys, but for the people who have been here for a while just don't want to see this game that we've invested so much of our lives to go down the toilet.
You understand right?

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Glory285
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG lol. didnt know where else to post this either but like we were talking about earlier, we're now 100% concrete sure that we're helping some big scary order track down bree when shes trying to get away. that may want to make some of us reconsider sides... all im saying is that op is confirmed baddy. *sigh* but she was soo funny.. Sad but 100% agree with drop getter. i guess one good thing about this is that maybe the game will go international so we may have the cahnce to ercover a drop at some point kelly! WOO
romanceismusic
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have that same concern. and i know exactly what you are talking about. But I don't think Op is so careless as to allow a drop to get jacked. I mean, its pretty obvious Op watches the drops.
Op Heads
GTKEO Addicts

I love you all!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too think that Op watches the drops. I think that we do have a core group of people on the west coast that we can depend on, but sometimes I think that even they would like someone else to help with the burden of much driving and sleepless nights.

Trying to distinguish who is "trustworthy" and who isn't could open a whole new can of crap that I just don't want to deal with.

I think that we should just relax for a minute and wait for the next puzzle. Even though its supposed to be easy, there is no guarantee that the one following it won't be crazy hard and scare away a lot of people who aren't willing to do the work with us.

Those who truly want to be involved will put in the time and effort. And I'm hoping that the "higher-ups" won't have a drop until we've had a chance to sort all this crap out.
ladron121
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ziola wrote:
I too think that Op watches the drops. I think that we do have a core group of people on the west coast that we can depend on, but sometimes I think that even they would like someone else to help with the burden of much driving and sleepless nights.

But that's half the fun Smile

Actually, at least in California, there should be enough "veterans" to lead teams of ppl to go get the drops. All meet at one place, then go to the location. That makes it so much easier, and its safer. So if we are worried about people getting the drops and then screwing with them, that is one solution.

As for people stealing the drops and not telling anyone, I don't see that being a problem. If they wanna drive 2+ hrs just to ruin our game, they can. The PM prepare for this type of thing. If a drop was stolen, a replacement could be placed and found. I've even read about PM overnighting the package to a player and saying that someone else found it.
silvermoon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not trying to get snarky, but why should anyone else get involved if it's made so that no "noobs" can participate?

Edit to add: I think the idea of group drop pickups is great. Let the newbies participate and feel a part of things and let the veterans have peace of mind that we won't screw it up. Seems fair.
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silvermoon wrote:
Not trying to get snarky, but why should anyone else get involved it it's made so that no "noobs" can participate?

From my understanding, someone took a drop from CIW and it never resurfaced. I think that is what they are afraid of.
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ziola wrote:
silvermoon wrote:
Not trying to get snarky, but why should anyone else get involved it it's made so that no "noobs" can participate?

From my understanding, someone took a drop from CIW and it never resurfaced. I think that is what they are afraid of.

yeh that was cu roi, but he got the 1st drop and posted all about but then he hardly posted anything about the 2nd

My lawyers told me to edit the content of this signature so i didn't get sued

Me and Oobles are 'TWAT's - 'The Worldwide Association of Threadjacking' Smile
Nieriel.Manwathiel
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking the best of people, it seems like the only ones who'd be able to solve the puzzles are people who take the game seriously. but maybe as far as confirming "Okay, it's GOTTA be this location where the drop is..." I think that should be left to PMs so no n00bs read another person's hard work and steal it from under them. In essence; muse on the boards, muse harder/toss serious ideas in PMs, post them afterwards.

I like the designated pick-up idea, too. maybe dedicated players can be part of the group, all taking different sections near them (like territories) and the good solvers can be like "ok, evidence points to this area, so it'd be in so-and-so's territory to get."

clear as mud?

good. Smile
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nieriel.Manwathiel wrote:
Thinking the best of people, it seems like the only ones who'd be able to solve the puzzles are people who take the game seriously. but maybe as far as confirming "Okay, it's GOTTA be this location where the drop is..." I think that should be left to PMs so no n00bs read another person's hard work and steal it from under them. In essence; muse on the boards, muse harder/toss serious ideas in PMs, post them afterwards.

I like the designated pick-up idea, too. maybe dedicated players can be part of the group, all taking different sections near them (like territories) and the good solvers can be like "ok, evidence points to this area, so it'd be in so-and-so's territory to get."

clear as mud?

good. Smile

We've had a bad time even in the small oldbie group about things like chat exclusivity so this is hairy territory. However, I suspect that, without being told to, this will happen and likely has already happened.
romanceismusic
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think we should continue going about drops as always....when they happen and we figure out location, put together who all can go, and have at it...keeping the "never go alone" rule.
Op Heads
GTKEO Addicts

I love you all!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nieriel.Manwathiel
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i say this type of exclusivity is nessecary. there will still be brainstorming and such, but only those who have been proven trustworthy (maybe even those who feel exclusitivity is unfair for the sake of the poor newbs) would toss around real ideas such as "i know that sign, but i can't narrow down the specific location ofthat blahblah truck stop" Wink lol

but after the drop is picked up, the "real" brainstorming will be released just as people usually give reviews of drops and their solutions.
ixlr8
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure that Op is way ahead of us on this. Think about it. Op knew that they were going to be canon before it was announced. I'm sure that there have been contingency plans put in place to make sure a gamejack doesn't occur.

Mike
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See, this is where the animousity comes from. I don't see what difference it makes...this is all out in the open, either way. So noobs or not, if someone is going to gamejack, they are going to gamejack. A lot of us 'noobs' aren't 'new' to the ARG world, thank you.
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nieriel.Manwathiel wrote:
i say this type of exclusivity is nessecary. there will still be brainstorming and such, but only those who have been proven trustworthy (maybe even those who feel exclusitivity is unfair for the sake of the poor newbs) would toss around real ideas such as "i know that sign, but i can't narrow down the specific location ofthat blahblah truck stop" Wink lol

but after the drop is picked up, the "real" brainstorming will be released just as people usually give reviews of drops and their solutions.

Proving worth is a quandry. Any given trusted person could be an ass. Hell, there are still players from CIW that don't trust Cu (so do not get that btw), so I'm leary of organized exclusion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: