Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0081 An Awkward Silence [11/23/06]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
robtomorrow
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like everyone must either be on their way to Grandma's house or else there is simply not much to say about Gemma's video.

Probably the later, there hasn't been much movement in the plot since they ran from the watcher, except that OpAphid has been thrown into the mix, or the mess maybe I should say.
Reb
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah, little britain....hated it, legue of gentlemans was so much better! I would agree with what other people have said about her englishness being unbelievable interms of her accent and the way that she uses phrases. I guess that I could by that because she spent her early year abroad that would explain her but I am far from convinced.

One thing that has really got on my nerves is that she said she had a dishwasher! She is a student and I don't know about elsewhere but unless you are absolutely loaded student houses do not on the whole have dishwashers or look as nice as the place where she is making her videos. Trust me I know, I am sitting in a student flat right now!

With reguards to the sign language, it seemed to me pretty obvious what the signs meant but I could ask my friend to confirm that if you want, she knows bsl (I am not sure it might be in the american sign language though). One thing that did come to mind was that book that bree was reading could that have some sign language that you could use to call for help in it? some of those sorts of books do. If so it might be worth someone who has time trying to find a copy of that book and see if the signs that gemma did are mentioned. Just a thought.
Maccaboy17
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i still want to know what lord Greystoke thinks, as i said earlier gemma made OPAPHID sound like a harmless acronym where as the OPAPHID videos and the workd of the the ARG teams and LordGreystokes life on the run tapes have suggested to the contrary that Operation Aphid is the orders secret police

and to repeat my self again (this time from another thread) Gemma saying they should get some fresh air ties in with my theory that daniel will make a video haiving walked out even if to only get some fresh air and escape bree

if Gemma is connected with the order in the way that some suspect (i'm definitly not conviced) the purpose of the video was to lull OPAPHID hunters into a false sense of securety (that it is infact a harless group) and to get either bree or daniel to go out side and give some clue as the where they're hiding

PS if the actress playing gemma is really English i can beleive it because it alot of film i've noticed brish accent putting on a similar actresses for the american audience
Charlotte Eve
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also hate Little Britain, although it is being replayed.. AGAIN.. on BBC 3.

She should totally bring up the Jan Vs. Phina Vs. Scott rivalry. That would score her brownie points.

Or Noel Edmonds.

Anyone think she's a real petty cow, with her chips and peas? And the dishwasher? How many freakin' students have a dishwasher? And fighting for the remote? Go to your room and watch TV.. or do some Uni work love. No wonder her flatmate can't stand her, she reminds me of my old housemate.
heybitch
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does everyone hate little britain?!
You freaks.
I got nothing out of that video either.
Then again.
I normally miss the signs anyway and wait for somebody else to point it out to my retarded self.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
trunbuns
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heybitch wrote:
Why does everyone hate little britain?!
You freaks.
I got nothing out of that video either.
Then again.
I normally miss the signs anyway and wait for somebody else to point it out to my retarded self.

Because when youve had it rammed down your throat that a mundane, unimaginitive and repetitive sketch show is the funniest thing since Monty Python you quickly get sick of it. Trust me if you lived over here it would drive you mental, give me the Mighty Boosh anyday!

I am proud of this board's Brits and their dislike of Little Britain, it shows what an eridite, discerning bunch we are

blah, blah video blah....there's something wrong with the video when we all resort to posting about the state of british television and the student community's washing up method
Woo
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little Britain had it's moments, when it was first on TV and seemed fresh. Now a thousand repeats, bad celebrity cameos and rehashed jokes down the line it's irritating and unfunny.

I like Peep Show and Spaced best out of British comedy Very Happy

Also, I live in a student house, am not loaded and have a dish washer.
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo wrote:
Little Britain had it's moments, when it was first on TV and seemed fresh. Now a thousand repeats, bad celebrity cameos and rehashed jokes down the line it's irritating and unfunny.

why would putting the bowls where the dishes should be makes her chips soggy? if they are in there wont she finished with them Confused

dont you think they are trying to hard to persuade us shes english by giving he all the stereotypical (and most of them are wrong) english charecteristics
they are running into a brick wall Brick wall and failing miderably if u ask me Smile

p.s the english gameshows are the best, like 8 out of 10 cats, never mind the buzzcocks, QI etc etc

and the mithcell and webb look is awesome Very Happy

My lawyers told me to edit the content of this signature so i didn't get sued

Me and Oobles are 'TWAT's - 'The Worldwide Association of Threadjacking' Smile
Pi
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlotte Eve wrote:
Anyone think she's a real petty cow, with her chips and peas? And the dishwasher? How many freakin' students have a dishwasher? And fighting for the remote? Go to your room and watch TV.. or do some Uni work love. No wonder her flatmate can't stand her, she reminds me of my old housemate.

Agreed. Gemma definately expresses herself as a bit controlling and a little to Orderly for my tastes.

I'm wondering who even eats chips and peas at the same time? Also, how much water are you carrying over from the peas that you run the risk of defiling them? The girl is almost as odd as Bree.

Anybody see or recognize the little white symbol on her sweater? You only see it in the beginning. You think it's a logo that came with the sweater or was it placed there for Bree to see?

I'm also a little confused. If you don't have a religion to guide your beliefs and your place in the world, and you disdain science the way Bree and Gemma keep indicating... what do you have? You might say the Order, but what does the Order believe in?

Pi
DontHaveAClue
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know It still see Gemma as an allegory of this forum. She brings to the story as much as we do, i.e., not much. In this vid she came with an interpretation for the APHID anagram, which has been the main discussion these last days. She fights with her roommates all the time, which is exactly what we do here between phorummates, she has that big mouth, while the forum is exploding with the number of posts, and she has these big blues eyes and.... I actually don't what that would relate too. Blue screen of death when my pc froze?
shirble
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo wrote:

Agreed, Peep show and Mighty Boosh are ridiculously funnier than Little Britain. Garth Marenghi`s Dark Places is loverly as well.
TheFatLady
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reb wrote:
With reguards to the sign language, it seemed to me pretty obvious what the signs meant but I could ask my friend to confirm that if you want, she knows bsl (I am not sure it might be in the american sign language though). One thing that did come to mind was that book that bree was reading could that have some sign language that you could use to call for help in it? some of those sorts of books do. If so it might be worth someone who has time trying to find a copy of that book and see if the signs that gemma did are mentioned. Just a thought.

Well, since no one responded when I asked if anyone had that book and could check inside, I'll respond to you!

In the absence of the book, I've been web surfing but haven't found much except an only-faintly-related sign in American Boy Scouts. The sign for "watch him" is to point to your eyes with two fingers (like the peace sign) and then point to the person you're supposed to watch. Now, Gemma puts her hand over her forehead (like she's shading her eyes) and then points, which isn't really the same thing.

I'm so convinced, though, that her OpAphid mention is significant, that I'm almost willing to believe she's signing "watch him," perhaps meaning Daniel.
Pi
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheFatLady wrote:
Reb wrote:

Well, since no one responded when I asked if anyone had that book and could check inside, I'll respond to you!

In the absence of the book, I've been web surfing but haven't found much except an only-faintly-related sign in American Boy Scouts. The sign for "watch him" is to point to your eyes with two fingers (like the peace sign) and then point to the person you're supposed to watch. Now, Gemma puts her hand over her forehead (like she's shading her eyes) and then points, which isn't really the same thing.

I'm so convinced, though, that her OpAphid mention is significant, that I'm almost willing to believe she's signing "watch him," perhaps meaning Daniel.

I think someone did respond, and said as a scout leader, she didn't recognize any of those signs.

I'm not really up on my ASL. I dropped the class. But, in her Survival vid, Bree's "D" and "N" were consistent with ASL. I'll give it to her, but her "A" was not so good. Her fingers were to bunched; almost like an "E." I looked up the other signs she used on the net. "Attention".. wrong. "Dismiss"...gettin close but no cigar.

As for Gemma in this vid, what she says and what she signs don't match up as far as ASL in concerned.

I ran a few signs through a BSL web site, and I wasn't seeing any matches.

Reading a little up on the American Boy Scouts use of hand signs...it appears they might use a mixture of ASL and Indian hand signs. So, perhaps looking closer at Boy Scout/Indian hand signs might reveal something. But, I know I aint doin no more googling on this. The OpAph peeps need to get another drop, and it better include the book.

I mean really... do the creators honestly expect us to be able to interpret some form of sign language without a solid referance?

Although, I'm starting to think that at least for this vid... well, if you didn't know anything about sign language at all, and you turned the sound off... just looking at what Gemma is signing.. you could make some guesses. This is what I would think ... "looking" (hand to forehead) "for you" (points at the camera) "to get together/meet/unite" (clenches hands together) "to talk"
(both hands opening and closing like people talking).

Pi
glowe126
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: scientology Reply with quote

I just read several hours of reports from people who have left the scientology religion. They are international and move around alot. However, the internet is censored for them.
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psshhhhhttt tools

My lawyers told me to edit the content of this signature so i didn't get sued

Me and Oobles are 'TWAT's - 'The Worldwide Association of Threadjacking' Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: